1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WCG 2008 Asian Championship

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Myke, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

More and more and more!!!!

2. Berzerk

Berzerk Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    So what are the final results of WCG Pan Asia? Can someone please post top 4?

Keen to see how Myke went, and well done Tetra for the Singapore win!

3. Dennis0201

Itazan won for sure~~

4. Hyunster

Hyunster Well-Known Member

I will relay the information posted on a Korean website. (ruliweb.empas.com)
    The information was posted by the Korean Guitar Hero representative. So I cannot vouch for total accuracy but not too far from expectations.

1st Place: Itazan (Japan)
    2nd Place: Aoiyuka (Korea)
    3rd place: Tetra (Singapore)

According to the post, the Korean player managed to drag the final to the fifth match, but still not quite enough to overcome Itazan at the end. At any rate, according to the post, it sounds like all the players had fun and meaningful time meeting and befriending one another in this unprecedented international gathering for VF. It sounds like the VF players at the WCG event developed the level of camaraderie not found among the players of other games. Kudos to all the players!

P.S. And oh yeah, the post also said that "the Australian player" taped the final and he probably would post it on youtube. So if you want to see the matches bug him! :p

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I only got to see one match live (the championship game) but it was a pleasure meeting and playing all the international participants at this WCG event. We held a casual gathering on Saturday afternoon and an impromptu group tournament (Jacky vs Shun!) which was a helluva lot of fun. Thanks guys and I hope you will all visit us again soon in Singapore!

P.S. Thumbs up to Wilson and his clutch performance in the tournament!!

6. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Uploading the finals match by today. Myke was using danny's mobile phone to record the videos due to the stinking marshal standing inbetween us. Most pple cant get a clear view from the outside.

Also wrote some stuff on how well I did in the tourney. 1 of the best tournaments ever I believe :p

7. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

The biggest problem of the tournament was the theme song being played over and over and over (x 234237897) when we're waiting for stage matches/ceremonies.

8. scytherage

scytherage Well-Known Member

Great tournament. I was glad I was able to qualify...this was the first fighting game tournament I ever made it beyond qualifiers for.

My first match for qualifiers was with Itazan, suffice it to say it didn't take too long haha /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif But he seemed like a really nice fellow, very friendly.

Luckily I won in my match vs. Thailand, though later on I lost to Hong Kong in the quarter finals.

In retrospect, I did have a fun time at the WCG Asian Championship. It's great to get to meet a lot of the players in the VFDC community /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Let's hope that the VF scene worldwide grows even further thanks to the publicity this tournament will surely generate. That final match between Korea and Japan is one for the record books /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

9. LuCieD

LuCieD Active Member

BEYOND THE GAME!

10. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    congrats to tetra - thanks for posting the videos of the final (thx to myke & danny as well), they're very entertaining.

11. Dennis0201

12. scytherage

13. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

14. scytherage

I'm still uploading some more vids. Your match with Hong Kong coming up next /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

15. scytherage

16. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Wow - some excellent matches! This is shaping out to be an incredible event for VF.

Great to see that Nin is as strong as ever, and a pleasure to finally see Tetra in action. So strong!

"Nelson!! I need some Vanessa training man!!!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

17. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

18. Dennis0201

thx for the videos danny~
    any videos about Taiwan??

19. Wugga

Wugga Member

Thanks to everyone for being so friendly - especially to Ice 9 for inviting us into his home for some epic throwdowns! Talk about being a small fish in a big pond (me, that is)...

20. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It was my pleasure -- I had a great time!

My Kage improved 2x by the end of the gathering. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif