1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WCG 2008 Germany World Finals

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Llanfair, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Blackula

Blackula Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Congrats to Itazan, Danny and Adam!

Any pics from the event? Hopefully someone can write up a report as well? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Edit: I've updated the first post with full results.

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

4. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

too bad no adam vs Danny

5. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

6. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    I WANNA ADAM VS DANNY!!!!

7. CaliJared

CaliJared Well-Known Member

Adam you're so good.

8. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

A cheeky jab ftw. Good shit!

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    This was the second game in their match, the first match was commentated in German. The first match went to the last round.

If you register on the WCG site you can find it plus other VF matches at the tournament. I'm afraid I didn't see any from Adam's and Danny's match last I checked. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

10. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
  11. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Wow - just got back. This was an incredible experience, and i will never forget it.

Congrats to Itazan and Danny! It was amazing to finally meet VFers from the other nations. Everyone i met was just so cool, and for me, the level of camaraderie was just beautiful. I'm so proud to consider these people my new friends.

WCG is awesome! Sure the organization may be a bit rough around the edges, but it will surely improve, and i hope they continue to support VF. The atmosphere (lights, presentation, music, etc) was just so surreal. Olympics of video games for real!

Paul Brewer (manager for Team USA) mentioned that there talks at the event of having an East vs West showdown for VF in the future! Let's hope that it comes to fruition. Paul mentioned on numerous occasions how he was really impressed with the level of maturity and camaraderie displayed by the VF community. He said he will push for VF next year. So, let's do what we can and vote for our game!

More to come - including pics and videos that i took!

12. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Congrats, adam, I knew you'd get on that podium.

13. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I'm down. Lets do it in R.

14. stpROCK

stpROCK Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Maldarak
    XBL:
    Ad4M
    Congratulations to Itazan, Danny and Adam!

I really enjoyed this event. It was great to get to know so many nice people from all over the world...we had some nice sessions in the evenings. Good to see old friends and new ones...( Chiefguti...we have to meet up here! ).

The tournament itself offered some interesting matches...especially Danny vs AdamYuki...full of tension, nice to watch. I got no round against Itazan in the semifinal...at least 3 i think vs Adam ( what an incredible Jeffry! ). I gave my best but i know its by far not enough against these high-level-players.

Ive learned quite a lot of new stuff from Danny...thx man...i tried what u told me and it works o_O. Unfortunately i didnt play any matches with Tetra and Bob...time was running away too fast. But i hope we all meet again...

15. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Congratulations to Itazan, Danny and Adam!

This event was indeed great. The atmosphere, professionalism and friendship was really something. It was so great to meet all the players I only knew from internet, and some reunions with old friends (Darius, Gutti etc). And it turned out everyone was really cool and friendly! The casuals we played every day after the first tourney day were a total blast. I hope I can fix my computer quickly so I can upload my own videos and pics.

I was disappointed in my own performance, but it may be my illness may have taken the edge off me.. or my age ^^

But I hope to see all you guys again some day, maybe even next year! And I strive to be better then!

16. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

That would be so fresh.

17. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Let's ROCK!!

18. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

They should push team play for VF. Best team in west versus best team in midwest. Then best team in east versus best team in southeast. Overall winner goes to WCG.

19. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

That would be so awesome if that doesn't happen maybe we should have a yearly thing like that ourselves.

20. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Correct. Definitely agree with this.