1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WCG Fighter Club - NYC April 25-26

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Shag, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    WCG is throwing an open tournament (free entry) at the Samsung Experience on the weekend of April 25-26

Samsung Experience
    10 Columbus Cir # 3 (59th & Broadway)
    New York, NY 10019
    (212) 823-9520

Games are Dead or Alive 4, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4 and <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Virtua Fighter 5</span>

All games will be played on Xbox 360.

Standard VF5 tourney rules (Best of 5 rounds, best of 3 games)

Prizes:

1. $2,000 ($500 per game)
    2. Samsung Product
    3. Schwag

Register at this site! Space is limited!

WCG Fighter Club

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Holy shit! That's awesome. I love the WCG VF5 exposure.

3. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Just registered, do you know what day VF is on?

4. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Damn - i'll register, but i will be recovering from 3 simultaneous surgical procedures. I really hope i'll be fit to compete! *gulp*

I love WCG.

5. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Damn bro... good luck on your surgeries. Hope they're not for anything that's life-threatening.

6. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Thanks T-Fam! I appreciate it. I am getting 3 surgeries to deal with my Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Tonsillectomy (tonsils ripped out), Septoplasty (deviated septum fixed), and UPPP (remove the little toungue/punching bag in the back of my throat).

All this will help me breath better during sleep. I also snore like a mad animal because of the current obstruction (LOL - ask Chief Flash and my other VF roommates; they'll tell you!). Doctors found out that i stop breathing for extended periods at a time while i sleep. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

It will be nice to finally get a good nights sleep after all these years!

I am dying to compete again, and the Samsung experience last year was a really good one. Something tells me that this year, the competition in general will be sooo much tougher.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Beyond the GAAAME!

ps. Good luck for your surgeries.

8. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Good luck on your surgeries.

Didn't realize you had Sleep Apnea, and major snoring gusto. Maybe because I drowned everyone's snoring with my own. Haha. I actually should have a check-up as well. There were times last year when I would wake up gasping for air.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Sounds like you should..

10. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Thanks Manji!

Monty - PLEASE get a check-up (sleep study)! Many people just let this condition slide, but it can have really detrimental long-term effects on your cognitive ability, concentration, blood pressure, etc.

I understand now why i'm usually so tired during the day, and my concentration (usually when i'm reading) is not what it used to be. However, i'm glad that i caught this relatively early.

Sorry for derailing this thread guys. Monty, if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

BEYOND THE GAME!!!

11. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Dam > ur scarring me adam .. I wake up with dried blood in my throat every morning... and my tonsils always get enlarged once every 5 years... My doc said its tough getting them out this late in life... and the dried blood is from my gums at night.
    My blood pressure is high now.. maybe ill get another non-ghetto doc /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

12. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

Yea dude good luck on them surgeries and come backk!!!!!!!!!!!!! stronger then ever! hahaha /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

13. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Im down. Im gonna need to place to kick for a night or two though

14. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I most likely have to work that weekend... but we'll see.

Adam, good luck with your surgery. Hopefully the pain and suffering will be worth it with a better quality of life on the back end. Physical therapy for the throat/voice box can be crappy.

15. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Nigga, you acting like you don't know where I live, man! You practicality got keys fam!

16. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Yeah Handle that Yuki. I took my Daughter to get her surgery done some coulpe months back and she sleeps a whole lot smoother with stopping her breaths. Good Luck and keep me in tune. Don't Worry the Gang will be all here. I be there maybe i can see how good i really am in SF4 lol! just kidding i will participate in the VF5 though.

17. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    see u there! Rodney, denkai, Adam, shag, & akmaal i havent kicked it with you guys since E for All/ NEC
    look forward to the trip.

a few of those WCG Ultimate gamers want me to pop up as well

18. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    I'd like to know this too. Want this trip to be a one day thing if I can do it. Not so sure I can snag 2 days off.

19. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    i want to know as well since I don't want to take 2 days off from as I registered for all games.

20. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I'm sorry guys I don't know the schedule as of yet. As soon as I get a schedule I will let everyone know.

Its possible that one game could take both days if they have the group play on Saturday and then on Sunday run the double-elim bracket.

But that is speculation, hopefully they pick 2 games for each day and finish them.