1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WCG Fighter Club - NYC April 25-26

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Shag, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Dag yo, nothing but respect for mustering up the energy to make it out there to play, good shit man! Hope you overcome your current trials man.

Nice, to those that entered and to the top 3 too, I hope there's some uploaded footage.

2. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Wooo, another fun event where I was completely disappointed in myself. I've got no problem losing to akmaal and SDS but it was the fashion in which I lost that got to me. GGs you 2. It's hard to not start doubting myself at this point, knowing I can't catch up to your level of play, let alone japanese level of play.

Adam Can't believe you still made it out there man. Dedication at it's finest! You looked pretty wiped out, hope you get well soon.

Rodney Huge thanks for letting me stay at your place, and showing me the ropes in NY. I meant to hook you up with a little money for your troubles but you rolled out pretty quick after it was over. Thanks for the hospitality.

SDS One of the funniest guys there. Keep on raging against the SF4 machine man. Game is like playing VF with a lobotomy.

Monte / Flash Glad I got to hang with you guys again. Monte your still really the only person I talk about VF strategy with to any extent. I can't hold competent VF talk with most people because I don't understand the game as well as they do.

Shidosha! Helluva tourney you ran man. Think it generated a lot (read: some) hype for VF. Especially the grand finals match.

ShinobiFist Good seeing you again. Remind me not to answer your questions with a maybe... ever... Keep it real bro.

Denkai For such a light sleeper I'm amazed you don't wake yourself up with that snoring. I sleep like a log, through the car wreck and everything. Incredible showing though man, I would've never expected you to take Adam and Akmaal down.

Yosuke! I got to meet the legendary hentai monster himself! Cool hanging out with you at the train station for a while. Man you love to sleep! Wish I got to get more games in with you. You definitely view VF on a different plane than I do. I imagine it looks something like this.

AssassinCP / Hayato Goh players got to stick together! Cool you showed up CP. Hayato you have too much fun at these things I swear.

Cidkid Stop raping me. That is all.

Shag You were so busy we didn't get to talk at all. And by the time we got to rodney's i was so tired I just sat there staring off into space. Everything your doing for VF and fighting games in general is awesome. Seriously, if fighting games continue at the rate of progression we saw just this year, all the top players will be sponsored and working under teams and shit soon. The money is there, you just need the numbers, and hype; And online is what's letting it really take off.

Sorry if I forgot anyone. SoCal is only a month away but seems so far off. I honestly don't know where to go at this point. I thought I had improved a lot but I still lost huge in the tournament. Hopefully I can figure something out to get me back into the game with VF. I can't wait to see the grand finals match online.

There was so much personality there it was almost too hard to handle! I've never been much of a social person but it's so fun hanging out with everyone there. Thanks to WCG for repping fighting games so hard.

One final note: <span style='font-size: 17pt'>I BEAT YOSUKE! </span>... <span style='font-size: 8pt'>in street fighter 4 group play...</span>

3. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Joho Your not that bad yourself. You did get a 3 game win streak on me in casuals lol!!!!

I had fun getting to know you man your alright with me. Get at me on live for some matches maybe you can work on things after watching Yosuke's mastery. I mean Me and Akmaal Felt so hallow inside on the D train after watching the Denkai Vs Yosuke battle (Jacky on Jacky).Joho got it right on what Yosukes sees when he play this game. Yosuke's a Fucking Madman but he one of the Coolest People i met too. You guys had to be there to see his inputs and comic relief in person. He looks like Mozart on a Fight stick lol! The ultimate gamesman who loves to put on a show. Shoutouts to the Boy Shidosha who showed mad love and kept everything running on a orderly fashion. Our VF communty had its shit together tight. Im too tired to go into detail so i post some more later.

4. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Congrats to everyone. I was extremely confident VS Adam and Konjou this time around mainly because I wasn't nervous against those two during the tourney. What most people don't understand is between Me,Adam,Konjou and Akmal no one is better then the other. You can't predict whose going to win in a tournament between us, its all the luck of the draw. However, Yosuke's presence destroyed that uncertainty everyone knew he would win and it changed my mentally about the tournament. I wasn't nervous at all which I believe gave me the edge over Konjou and Adam this time around. My match with Akmal though was probably my best match against him yet in a tournament in he's proven that he has nerves of steel and the reaction time of a demon even in tournaments.

PS. Man I wasn't snoring at all that night simply cause I never slept..Ask Flash it was all Monty this time around

5. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

True! You were only playing for second place. With Yosuke there it upsetted the balance of VF in the states. (Its like putting a Pirhanna in a Gold fish tank.) Hopefully we should adapt next generation,Grow sharper teeth,Become more agressive and have more heart. Anywho Denkai showed his Toughness to me along with the rest of the gang. There is no fear in these guys heart and i don't mind saying they are the best we (US) have to offer IMO.

Nevermind me but If Sega was conduction a adaption experiment with

Denkai
    Akmaal
    Adam
    Konjou
    Dabadseed
    Flash (or whomever is good in the states)

where they we sent to Japan for about 4 months against top opponents. These guys have the make up to endure it and really reach that next level.(Not saying there aren't others but.......)

Big ups to the Whole VF Community. WE ALL WE GOT!!!!!

6. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

I had alot of fun today and like to thank everyone who came down and just killed me! i knew i was gonna lose but i just love this game so much i came to see what level i'm at now but i'm no way near your guys level now,denki wipe the floor with me and rod also but i'm still learning goh and hope one day i can really use him well against great fights like this i know when i just have to stop being so damn hyper and just clam down and think things out before i act so very Great games to everyone i had alot of fun and hope to see VF5R come down so we can all play! haha

Big props to
    Denkai
    Akmaal
    Adam
    Konjou
    Dabadseed
    Flash
    AssassinCP
    Yosuke
    ShinobiFist
    Shidosha
    SDS
    Monty
    FightClubHuBBs
    NaizakiNomac
    Johoseph
    Shag
    adamYUKI
    Zophar321

PS. 3 great GOH players!
    Shag "my teacher!"
    Johoseph "Super crazy good goh player"
    AssassinCP "your goh is good dude! keep at him you'll mop the floor with with that dude! GG"

7. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Fun games with everyone. The event was nice with VF getting some love and much needed publicity.

To some of the newcomers who went that post here. I hope you guys don't get discouraged. Keep learning and playing the game. We all went through what you guys experienced this weekend.

8. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Congrats to Yosuke, Denkai and Akmal (CidKid). The tournament was a lot of fun and everyone put on a great show. Akmal definitely has proven he has nerves of steel and knows exactly what to do to get the win. Unlike most tournaments I'm usually a nervous wreck, but I think I am getting used to them as I wasn't nervous at all. I felt that I could have done a tiny bit better if I wasn't so hasty in a few rounds, especially in my matches against Adam and Denkai. Any way you can't cry over spilled milk especially when the whole event was loads of fun. Much respect goes out to WCG for making things a killer weekend.

Thanks for the gesture, but I wouldn't have accepted the cash any way bro. I don't do it to make cash. I do it because I have a lot of love for the community. As long as individuals are clean, respectable, not a thief and give proper notice... I try my best to house people when I can.

Shag - Great job running things man. It's greatly appreciated. I felt a little bad because I know you probably wanted to play in a few of the tournaments.

Shirt - Much respect bro! Fine job running everything. Thank you for all that you are doing for this community.

Flash - Hopefully you can come down and visit again bro. I promise next around it will be a little more comfortable... Oh and don't forget you have to put the cork in the air mattress or YES it will deflate. LOL!

NYC VF'ers - Great seeing you all again! Adam... time for a break man. Smoke was brewing and I'm glad you caught it before there was a fire. I order you to get your rest bro as any requests from you to session in the near future will be ignored until you are at least 70-80% back to normal health. All the extra talking in sessions and events like this I think is not helping your healing process. Take it easy bro and if you need something let me know.

To anyone I may have missed it was great meeting and playing with you all. Some of you I met for the first time and some of you it's been a while. Glad to see everyone was doing well and smiling.

9. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Major props to, Shirt. He made sure the new cats were comfortable playing VF around all the vets. He even sat down and tutor a few. Told them about VFDC and offer his gamertag for more teachings and by that, I decided to do the same as well. Shit, Shirt inspire those cats so much, two of the kids there went to chinatown and bought joysticks.

He even generated hype by getting the WCG champion to challenge him and have the MC bring the noise, it was awesome seeing non VF players going "WTF!" "That shit looks nuts!" And Goottecks saying "oh man, thats insane" it was alot of fun.

To bad I couldn't make it on Sunday, my blood pressure drop due to the lack of sleep and Water(Konjou warned me)And on top of that, Denkai and I walked 70 blocks that hot day. I was going to meet Flash and Monty in LES with my peeps, but they notice I was pale as hell in the cab, so they took me home instead. All and all, I had a blast with the VFDC pimps, we showed them DOA Chicks how we do, lol.

10. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    shinobi I was so fuckin vexed when that dude beat you. You don't understand.
    Hayato held you down n sent O boy packin wit the quickness: johoseph also helped seal that deal.

Flash I apologize for holding you up, I meant no disrespect. For the sake of promoting our scene I needed certain ppl here at certain times. This includes Adam who was Americas 08 champ, and the cameramen.

I have more to say but I'll wait til I'm back in la

11. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    hahahahah MAN I LITERALLY KICKED YOUR ASS CUZ YOU WERE SNORIN SO LOUD! EVEN YOSUKE SAW ME DO IT!!! BRING A FUCKIN PILLOW NEXT TIME! UR HEAD WAS TILTED BACK! monty made the wierdest snoring sounds, but you my friend was definately the loudest.

rodney: thank you for housing me. ur apartment is very nice and comfortable bro. im just not used to the NYC street noise and sleepin with 2 elephants. also, this weekend was the first day this year that hit the 90 degree mark. i haven't slept in that type of heat in a while. i shoulda just slept naked!

monty: thank you for coming with me to queens for that bboy event. that shit was off the hook. i luh dat NYC hip hop vibe bro. lemme know when u upload them pics!

yosuke: i had a lot of fun conversing with you late friday night! too bad we didn't get to play at all. i'll see you again soon.

SDS: i definitely slept on ur improvement my nigga. good shit on both of our matches! had me on my toes the whole time. respect homie.

adam: we all have love for you bro. you gotta rest up my homie. you can't be pushin ur body like that...not at this age. take care of urself. i'll see you again soon. if ur not 100% then heavy sanitary rape aint 100%. holla if ya hear me! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

overall, i was not hyped bout this event at all. just the atmosphere itself wasn't raw enough. too much waiting around. and when it finally started, i rushed. i know the chinatown bus runs routes every 30 minutes, but i had already coordinated with my girlfriend to pick me up in DC at a certain time. fuck it, see yall next month.

props to all VFers that showed up. assassinCP, glad to finally meet you. johoseph, don't hesitate to ask questions from any of us bro. we'll answer them to the best of our ability, and if you don't understand the lingo, we'll be more than happy to break shit down for u.

peace

12. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    BIGUPS to SHIRT for runnin the brackets smoothly! sorry if you felt like i rushed you bro. i'd rather lose than forfeit a match ya dig? thanks for understanding.

i'm amazed that adam still made it. i really thought he would get disqualified. heavy rape don't quit!

13. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    FUCK THAT. Heavy Rape** don't know how to quit! Battle to the death; no matter the outcome...

**<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Warning, Spoiler: <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;">Consensual Intercourse for some</div></div></div>

14. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    WCG was off the hook. I think I spent more time chilling in the Vf section than anywhere else the whole time. Why? Because nobody has huge ego's and everyone was having a good time wheather they were winning or losing. Can't say the same for the other games. Some people got mad because they didn't make it past their groups.

15. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

I agree with you HuBBs but it's that same reason why VF don't draw in as much crowds. When that garbage bag match was going on in DOA one of the players said to me "you wont see this stuff happen in VF" and hes right. Not that I'm saying we should have garbage bag matches lol

16. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Thanks for playing with me on Friday night Yosuke. It is always fun fighting against you. Your speed and reaction are second to none. I learned a lot.

LAFF - Why am i not surprised? I don't expect anything less from Akmaal or Denkai. Insensitive asses. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

17. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I really wished I could have at least sit down and play some games of VF with you guys but running SF4 took ALL of my time.

I barely even had time to eat. On Sunday, they told me take a quick break so I went down and got a Subway sandwich. As soon as leaving the store Shirt calls me saying they need me again. I put my sandwich in the conf room we had our stuff. 30 minutes I get hunger pains and remember about my sandwich; I go back and see one Subway and take one bite. I realized its not my sandwich for mine had olives in it. I leave with only taking that bite and when I came back an hour later the 6" was gone. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

18. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    battle me get ... WHAT!?!?!

Congrats to everyone who got to participate, sounds like it was a fun event.

19. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

We need this kind of event on West!!

20. AssassinCP

AssassinCP Active Member

it was gr8 to meet all of you it was definitely a fun time...i wish the tournament called for some more rounds it was over too quick lol

shirt..did u call me O boy in one of ur previous posts? lol....

hayato was real good but i never responded to his low punches maybe that would have kept me in the game

hope to see u guys on live and in person at another tournament in the future i appreciate the welcoming.