1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WCG West/East Brackets

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by RayBlade, Apr 13, 2009.

1. RayBlade

RayBlade Well-Known Member

Here's the bracket for this week.

Qualifier #1 - 4/13/09 to 4/19/09:

http://qualify.us.wcg.com/?page=stem&view=schedule&stageid=2577

How the heck to do I contact the person I have a match with (William Bailey)? I know the Round 2 guy (Gerald). I hope they fix this real soon.

EDIT: It looks like 4 players come out as winners for each qualifier, making the total number of winners to 32. There's probably a 9th event that puts all 32 winners into the Final (9th) bracket.

EDIT 2: You get player info later today (Monday).

2. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Glad to see that WCG is just as competent as last year, posting up first and last name but no gamertag . . .

Also, "round count 3" is pretty vague - even if this means first to 3 rounds wins the game, how many games do you have to win? 1?

3. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    last year they used gamertags...

GO KOD GO!!!!

4. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

DAS WASSUP!

5. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

So all I have to do is get online at 20:45 tonight?
    How do I know which gamer tag I should face to?
    Can I just be there and waiting for my opponent to invite me??

6. Dennis0201

I can't tell who it is by the real name~~ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
    I only can recognize "Gerald" and "Talis", anyone else???

7. Dennis0201

One quick question, how long will WCG take to the final result??
    I mean how many times should I play "online" like this week??

I need to figure out the schedule coz I don't think I can fit every time it comes... And I don't want to quit at the last minute if I already pay for it~

8. DrDogg

DrDogg Well-Known Member

If you log into the WCG site, you should be able to view your matches which should list your opponent's gamertag.

That said, WCG still fails (again). I clicked on the West qualifiers when they opened registration and instead they signed me up for the East qualifiers. I could sign up again, but I'm not going to bother at this point.

9. Dennis0201

I only can see their names just like the link Ray posted.

10. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    lol dennis i hope you can recognize my name /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

jk, but cody just take it.
    i don't think you should forefit just cuz i'm in class
    so STEWPID!!!!

i'll win a future bracket, you can bet on it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

11. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Hahah, ok man if i don't see you on 'fore i go to bed i'll go ahead and report as winner.

Of course, that would assume WCG had a working reporting page . . . which they won't.

here's my support ticket to them:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So for VF5 . . .

1. we have brackets, but no gamertags. How do we find our opponents?

2. Rules say round count 3 (I assume this means first to 3 wins, not best of 3 wins) . . . but they don't say how many games you have to win in order to advance past your opponent. 1? 3? 5?
    </div></div>

and here is their awesome response:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you restate the question please?</div></div>

12. Dennis0201

Anyone can tell me how to get my opponent's tag??
    Only two hours left and I have no idea how to play this game....

13. RayBlade

I figured it out...

1: Sign in at the WCG Site. http://qualify.us.wcg.com/
    2: Go to Today's/Your Event or "My Matches"
    3: Your opponent info will be posted, along with email/gamertag and aim/msn.

14. Dennis0201

Thanks Ray!!
    I found it!! Bless me on the first match!!

15. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    "My Matches" link in the sidebar wasn't even available an hour or two ago. . . it is now.

Their second and third response about the round count thing:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2. It's a single match with those settings.</div></div>

then 15 minutes later . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Additionally, you and your opponent can agree to play a best of series of matches so long as it is agreed to before hand.</div></div>

Nice.

16. Dennis0201

I'm wondering how to report the result to WCG??
    I go to the website and there are "P1" and "OT", what am I suppose to fill it? It also need a screen shots or game demos but I don't have either one of them...... Do we need both players to report that result?? Or just the winner??

I got my first win!!!yes!!

17. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Congrats Dennis!! ^_^

18. RayBlade

It's 22 minutes past 7pm and my match hasn't shown up yet.

I already sent results because he (Xzyx987X) hasn't been online for 9 hours.

"All players must log on at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the match."

Tomorrow, my match is against Gerald. Fun!

19. Dennis0201

Thanks AZ!!
    GGs to "GodsbrotherNate" and hope to see you again~

20. Dennis0201

Good luck for both you guys!!
    Tough fight!!!