1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WCG West/East Brackets

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by RayBlade, Apr 13, 2009.

1. DrDogg

DrDogg Well-Known Member

Again I have to question your reading comprehension here and why you're out to make me look bad for seemingly no reason.

I didn't apologize?

That was from 6/16.

As far as the negativity goes, it's a WCG run online tournament. I think a majority of the people in this thread have been negative, and for good reason. Don't act like I'm the only one who's had issues.

2. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

Ok, yea my bad, I did miss that line. Well, like I said, if I had seen that, I wouldn't have made an issue of this is the first place. But at least let me explain why what you were doing hit a nerve.

Last year when I was participating in the online qualifiers for WCG, a certain player (who shall remain nameless) made false accusations against me. And later on, their unapologetic attitude left a bad aftertaste that convinced me to drop out of the remaining qualifiers for that year. So you'll understand why I get a little bit pissed off when I see someone go ranting off into Serious Business™ mode about an online qualifier. I said it back then and I'll say it now, if you have problems with the online qualifiers, resolve it amongst yourselves and the officials. Don't drag it out into public for no reason.

Ok, but once again, since when is this anything new? With all the online qualifiers the DOA community had, you should know as well as anyone else that this is the nature of the beast, and complaining is not going to make it better. Maybe the WCG could be doing a better job to keep this organized, but the fact is, with the obvious budget cuts that occurred at WCG this year, we're lucky to be able to do this at all. So I say, lighten up, play some VF, and what happens, happens.

By the way, I'm out of town this weekend, but if you want to play some VF5 online next week and let your fists do the talking, I'm game any time [​IMG].

3. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    shouts to dr. dogg who got hounded like you wouldnt believe at Devistation: SF4= SERIOUS BUSINESS! haha

swoozie told me to say wuzzup to you, but i was so warn out there i forgot to.

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
  5. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Shag:

Stop being in the same bracket as me. I'm sick of losing to you.

That is all.

6. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Erm... The 2nd round scheduled for today is going to be interesting... It looks as if 80% of the people in the first round didn't even play their matches, most of them are unreported completely.

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Don't worry about this week, RayBladeX kicked my ass tonight.

After our matches were done he picked Goh and continued to kick my ass. [​IMG]

8. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    GO JOHO GOOOOOO!!!! [​IMG]

9. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Lol I'm confused now. I didn't play a single match and got to the semi-finals, and lost in them without playing too :p

All of my opponents either didn't exist or I couldn't get a hold of them. Last night the schedule had shown me beating Blest (which I didn't even report). So I figured all was good and I'd play rayblade tonight. But now it says Blest beat me [​IMG]

Not that I care, I'm more confused than anything, sure it would be cool to go but I know I wouldn't win anyhow. I'm more psyched about rodney's in a few weeks. GL in the finals rayblade.

WCG online quals make me laugh [​IMG]

10. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I was going to make a post/PM to you Johoseph that you should report to WCG when you don't know when your next match is due. At the last minute I figured you would sort it out and didn't bother. My bad. [​IMG]

I got skipped over on the last qualifier by some guy who didn't even have a legit gamertag. I wrote a support ticket to them and waited. Luckily Dr.Dogg reported him too so I had a shot to keep playing.

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Always, always report to the organisers if you cant find your opponent.

12. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    yeah i had the same problem on Wednesday... my match for that night wasn't updated so I opened a support ticket and about 30 minutes later it was fixed. The guy didn't show anyway, but he was the captain so if I didn't make the support ticket I would have lost even though I was the one waiting around.

Always open support tickets guys when ever you are unsure about something. It will save you!

13. DrDogg

DrDogg Well-Known Member

14. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Wow,
    Ninjimbo beat Konjou?? How could I never hear about him??

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Konjou didn't play. He forgot about the qualifier.

16. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Ninjimbo stays hidden in the shadows waiting to pounce

17. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Haha~ But now who has won the qualify?

18. RayBlade

RayBlade Well-Known Member

Ninjimbo won the qualifier. It seems like he messed up on reporting and had to get it fixed when he dqed Konjou. I lost using Vanessa vs his Pai, then used Akira in the 2nd meeting.

This qualifier slipped through my hands. Very upsetting. No excuses from me though.

2 more chances.

Congrats to Ninjimbo. Ggs. Show up to NYC or else I get to take your place =)

19. OMNE

OMNE Member

PSN:
    omne
    XBL:
    OMNE SRK
    what ray said.

20. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    The long 3 day weekend had me all FUCKED UP!!! I lost track of what day of the week it was on Saturday. If I remember correctly I woke up probably about 11:30 on Sunday and made some late breakfast... sat down and watched an old movie called Strapped (hehe movie watching while my opponent is waiting)... then decided to take my niece bike riding (something I promised I would do every Sunday through out the summer since her dad is a peace of shit, but that's another story for another thread).

It wasn't until around 3:30 or later is when it dawned on me what day it REALLY was. In my mind I had hoped and prayed that the qualifiers was held in the evening, but nope I had pretty much already missed it. I tried to at least catch my loser bracket match, but it had just been reported as a loss once I started contacting people.

It's all good though as the time spent with family is priceless, so I have no regrets at all. Congrats to the qualifier and I'll just try at the next one. Hopefully this time I won't forget.