1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WCG West/East Brackets

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by RayBlade, Apr 13, 2009.

1. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Great games Konjou, seriously nerve racking shit. I hope I do qualify at the next one it would be great to play and meet the other members of this community.

To OMNE: I'm not saying about the lag I'm just saying that I HAD lag, not the same thing as saying I lost because of it. I didn't refute your win on qualifier number 7, i lost fair and square. All i was saying is shit happens and you roll with it. Quit being all butthurt.

To Sistin, sorry about the misunderstanding. I don't usually play best 2 of 3 during preliminaries unless we both agree on it. That you played out the match I took as there being no lag for you.

2. OMNE

OMNE Member

PSN:
    omne
    XBL:
    OMNE SRK
    Funny how out of all the people you lost to, you only mention me for your loss on lag.......... Plus, you played me 2/3 without saying anything.......

3. Sistin

Sistin Member

yeah this is kinda funny you guys played best 2 out of 3
    now that i think of it of first time we played best 2 out of 3 shun

4. DrDogg

DrDogg Well-Known Member

Wow... my opponent already marked down a win for himself and we haven't played. Not to mention it's 2 hours before the listed match time. Support ticket filed...

*sigh*

5. Sistin

Sistin Member

i got really nervous becuasae i know your pretty good...

6. RayBlade

RayBlade Well-Known Member

7. DrDogg

DrDogg Well-Known Member

Congrats Ray! Good stuff man. I think I made it to the final four... maybe four times out of the eight tournaments.

Good luck to all who made it to NY.

8. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    congrats man... wow Shun is Drunk didn't enter?

9. RayBlade

Looks like he did, but had to play Dr Dogg before finals.

http://qualify.us.wcg.com/?page=stem_schedule&stageid=2838

Dr Dogg, there's a good chance you might be asked to "fill in" for someone that can't make the trip. I think Shag might also be asked since he was a finalist last year and is from NYC.

10. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    ahahahaha I made it to the semi final bracket without even playing! LOL what's so funny is if I wasn't qualified already I guarantee you I would not have been so lucky. They never put me in the Captain's position for the automatic wins... NEVER!!!!

11. Sistin

Sistin Member

Gratz rayblade
    and that was an amazing match me had drdogg

12. DrDogg

DrDogg Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had to take out OMNE and Shun is Drunk early on in the tournament. It was a brutal bracket, especially if you include Konjou. I'm just glad he had already qualified.

If I get asked to fill any spots I'll probably pass to allow Shag in. He's much more of a VF player than I am. I would need at least a good 2-3 weeks to get back to the skill level I was at when I play regularly.

We had a really good match Sistin. I'm actually surprised this was the first time we played throughout all of the tournaments.

My matches today really made me want to get back in VF5 full time, but I hate online play and there's no local scene for the game here. I'd be down for some VF6 or Tekken vs. VF if either ever make it out.

13. RayBlade

To all qualifiers, check your email for WCG Finals info (some of you might have gotten this sooner):

WCG Competitor,

Congratulations on making it to the 2009 WCG US National Finals to be held in New York City. Attached is a player’s packet that has all the information needed for you to book your travel and make arrangements for the event.

In order to confirm your spot in the event you MUST reply to this email with the following information before Monday, August 24th:

· Your full name

· Your alias

· The game discipline and qualifier # you won

· Your phone #

· Your travel itinerary as an attachment (flight #, etc.)… if you are driving please note this

· If you are on a team, include your team name and your team captain must specify which players from your online roster will be attending (5 only for Counter-Strike, 4 only for Gears of War 2)

On Monday, August 24th, we will be moving to back-up teams and players. It is very important that you respond to this email as soon as possible to ensure your spot in the event. There will be NO exceptions.

We hope to see you in New York next month!

Regards,

WCG Tournament Staff

-

Be sure to book your flight or confirm before August 24th or else a backup will be assigned. If you qualified and haven't received this email yet, contact WCG asap!

14. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Will this be at the samsung building? If so will it be free to view?

15. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

This.

16. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    It will be at the Javits Center as part of some Anime-Con.

Last years event was part of the E for all Expo. There was a charge to enter for the general public but WCG gave plenty of free passes to players.

I don't know if that will be the case for this year but I'll be sure to find out.

17. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

how much was it last year shag? I would like to show up just to show support and see whats going down. See if you can get me a "Press" badge Shag.