1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What arcade stick do you use or recommend?

Discussion in 'Console' started by ShiningWizard, May 12, 2004.

1. ShiningWizard

ShiningWizard New Member

I'm thinking about buying the VF4:evo sticks i think their made by Hori. Anyway, im currently using my SVC:Chaos sticks and their good for 2d fighters but not really for VF. The stick is too stiff for me to do moves like [3][3][P] with Akira. So im thinking of buying the VF4:Evo sticks because i read their a lot looser. Can anyone else tell me about the VF4 sticks if they're worth buying specifically for this game? thanx

2. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

lol me and a couple of friends were actually thinking of trying out the SvC stick to see if we liked it better than the Hori Evo...

IMO the evo sticks are better than the sc2 stick. The sc2 stick has 6 buttons, but you've already got the svc so I would go for an evo stick. The problem I have with the sc2 stick is the actual joystick is TOO loose. A friend of mine actually replaced the joystick on his sc2 stick because it got so loose that the deadzone felt out of whack. The only problem I've ever seen with the evo sticks is that the buttons will wear out after like a 8-12 months if you're hard on them. Overall a great stick though.

Or you can look for the old Namco sticks, the ones with the grey base and yellow buttons. Those things are built to last, I know many people that swear by them. But to get one you'll have to search on ebay because they're long discontinued. There's usually a couple being sold on ebay at any given time, so if you wanted one, it wouldn't be too hard to find.

3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Hey Dandy, did Avi ever just trying to screw the joystick tighter for the SCII stick? Because when my SCII stick got somewhat loose, all i had to do is tightens the screw that hold the joystick in place to the base....

So far I like SCII stick a tad bit more compare to Evo stick, at least for the buttons.

4. Mysterio

Mysterio Well-Known Member

Yeah.. I have the namco stick and have tried the SC2 Hori stick (not alot, but still) and I fancy the namco above all /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif You can spam all you want, nuthin ever happens to it! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Avi just replaced the stick in his with a Sanwa copy. It used to be really tight but has loosened up a bit. Still feels kind of wierd to me though. It has just a little too much resistance imo.

6. Mindscan

Mindscan Active Member

back in the saturn hey day, Sega released their own stick... i believe it was manufactured by Ascii, and it had their "micro switch" technology that felt more like an actual arcade stick, so it ididn't click when you moved it and had a sculpted handle instead of the ball found on most... any one else remember this?

only reason i ask is because i'd like to get a stick like that, anyone know of any sticks designed similarly?

7. Tyveil

Tyveil New Member

I'm looking for a stick for VF4evo too. The only one sold around town is this one at EBGames:
    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235458.asp

I don't have a lot of money and need to buy 2 of them. These are only $24.95 apiece. Should I get it or is it worth the price to order something else?

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I paid about $40 for a hori evo stick when it was first released. Totally worth the money.

$25 is less than what you can find a Hori stick for these days - maybe buy one of those sticks from your link and see if you like it. See if they have a return policy just in case.