1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

what are "senbons"?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by fagan, Apr 30, 2002.

1. fagan

fagan Well-Known Member

I did a search on this site and found a whole pile of posts talking about senbons but I can’t find a definition. I remember something from my VF2 days but I’m really not sure what senbons are … from what I can tell it’s a move that you cancel out with G (like a PK combo that you interrupt the kick with G , is that right? or am I way off here?

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

A senbon is VF2.0 PK combo cancelled with G just before kick comes out (more or less) - if done perfectly, it results in a punch with just 1 frame of recovery. Only Akira, Kage, Sarah, Wolf, Jeff and, to some extent, Jacky are capable of doing those (characters with punch-kick instead of punch-heelkick as PK).

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

dunno about the one frame recovery thing but senbon in the VF2 days means doing a PKG cancel so well that the next PKG is confirmed hit. So technically you can chain infinite number of punches. That is why it is called senbon. Not just PKG. But nowadays that is no longer possible.