1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What Changes You See Happening, In VF5R?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by ShinobiFist, Feb 17, 2008.

1. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

This thread is about what changes you expect on VF5R. Not on why you dislike the fact, Taka, the "Fat bastard" is back, or why the new guy looks like a "Final Fantasy Tranny". Is about system changes, and new moves the cast might get. Discuss folks.

I think the offensive move might be improve.
    Bounce Combos might be toned down.
    El Blaze might get of the wall moves, and some type of low deflect move(Or counter)
    Goh might get some type of Defensive stance(Similar to Aoi)
    Stages may consists of various layers(Similar To VF3)
    Brad might get a high/mid punch deflect or a punch counter similar to Jacky. He might even get a wall throw.
    Some characters might get wall throws of the half-fence stages.

Anyway, that's what I could think of from the top of the head. This are my opinions, so don't take them as facts. And plus, the previous VF5R thread got derail pretty badly.

2. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

If low walls remain in the game, then I'd like to see some low wall throws.

3. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Thats what I think. Wolf, could get top of the rope type throws. Like a turn-buckle Diamond Cutter /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

4. ZenTou

ZenTou Well-Known Member

One thing Id like to see is the ability to block and attack while sideturned. your movelist should switch while you are sideturned. These sideturned moves should require special move - like input so only high level players can pull them off, so it doesn't negate the purpose of including side turning attacks in the first place.

And fix those rising kick hitboxes PLEASE. They are a skidmark across VF5's face.

5. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

Some really small changes that I would like to see:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifMake Kage's Juumonji /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif easier to do by changing his roll command to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif. An example of where they have done this in the past - Sarah's FL/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif throw in VF4 would do the backflip at the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif command by accident - causing the "Go Back Home" throw to be very hard to do.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifMore ways to go into front facing Sou stance for Shun (or an instant stance switch)
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifMake Akira's stunpalm as hard to do as it was in VF4 without the easy ender.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifGive Goh a small stance so that all characters have at least one.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifFix the weird throw escape 'bug' - after some throw escapes the camera doesn't catch up and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif becomes a forward dash and vice-versa. It can become very annoying and hard to combat.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifSomething in addition to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in Jacky's Side Shuffle (a throw for example).
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifIt's about time Wolf had lower damage and distance on his Giant Swing (even when playing as him you feel guilty for landing it)

Also:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifGive Wolf a new set of catch and change throws like they did in Evo.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifGive Wolf his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif throw back.

That's all for now - but I'm sure there are other minor things I would like to see changed from VF5.

As for VF5R specific features I would like to see:[/size]
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifNew attacks and throws for existing characters.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifNew music (and no ear dribbling muck like the horrible guitar music in VF4 Evo).
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifA new look for menus, versus screens, etc
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifA Costume F would be nice.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifMore customisations in addition to everything from Version D.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifAs many customisations for the new characters as there are for the existing ones (including 6 costumes).
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifTwo brand new stages - one each for Taka and the new guy.
    Console Version (hopefully there will be one in the future):[/size]
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifA new Quest mode.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifVF4 Evo style dojo mode (I don't care for this but many people would like to see it - it would almost certainly be included anyway).
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gifAll the items from version C and D we missed out on.

6. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I expect to a wider variety of side stepping moves for everyone mainly mid and sweeping sidestep attacks that forces people to respect sidestepping that much more. I also think they might bring back breakable walls in some stages or uneven stages like in VF3, I really missed them. What I do know is they will rebalance the game overall altering things here and there and make the AI's in Quest even harder then before.

7. LemmyIsTheGame

I think that would be more of a VF6 change. Too much of an engine change rather than the small additions an Evo will bring. I also liked the breakable fences, but again, probably more likely to make a comeback in VF6.

8. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I was surprised when I was running through Jacky's command list that all he could do was /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, not to say you can't delay and insert another command but a special grab would be appreciated.

And we better get our items dagnabit

9. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the Move Choice come back as it was in FT - Type A and B characters again.

Ok, I just want my b+P back with Pai, I'll admit it. Oh and her butterfly wings too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

10. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Heaven forbid those leveled arenas, those in VF3 were rubbish, IMO.

All I want is Akira's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to be a lifter again.

11. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that VF5R will have more defensive or guard cancel moves similar to lion's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. Would make the game kind of interesting.

In fact, I thought the same thing based on the very first VF5 vids that showed up, but I guess something like what happened in that movie a long time ago would have a huge impact on the pace of the game.

12. AJ24

AJ24 Member

For Kage I would like a K+G move from Shippujin stance. A new counter for mid level punches, but keep the old sword counter for highs. Make 8+P+K something useful.

Bring back the half shirt cutom for Lei Fei and add some new ones so I can make him look like Iron Monkey.

Reanimate Jacky's Slide Shuffle back to how it was in VF4 Evo. That hand drawn bounce crap is terrible in 5.

Give Goh a wall attack.

Better throws for Eileen.

More time changes in backgrounds like in Dural's stage in 5.

Selectable old win poses or entrances.

A?!

13. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

how were they rubbish? It's been a while since anyone has had and implemented an idea that dynamic. The lack of ideas like that nowadays is whats putting many fighting games into the mundane category.

that was way too powerful in 3. I dont know about 4 but why not just use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif? Floats on counterhit.

14. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I think we'll see some subtle changes to the clash system to punish people that try to force use of ete whiff to beat a delayed attack. Perhaps unclashable launchers for some chars like shun has with his mule kick.

15. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

That's why we miss it so much, haha. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif isn't as powerful as it was in EVO either /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Also, I loved those arenas in VF3. I don't understand why everyone dislikes them so much. It's even easier to position yourself around the ring now so it wouldn't cause as much trouble for combos.

SPoD being Half circular would be nice, seeing as I never noticed that and it sounds fun.

16. Low_Sweep

Low_Sweep Well-Known Member

WEAPON FATALATIES!!!!!

But on a serious note I think the game is almost perfect so the only thing i can see happening is them fixing those weird situations where both the players attack completely miss for almost no reason. This rarely happens in my matches (like 1 out of every 100 or so) but it does add sketchyness to the system. If they fix this minor problem i don't know what i could complain about. Not that im complaining now anyway.

17. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

lol, Sega nerfing Kage is more likely. Dude is allready top tier.
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better throws for Eileen.</div></div>Eileen is also top tier, this would unbalance her. Plus, she's not a grappler. And her throws are great for positioning and mindgames anyways.

18. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Give El Blaze New School (Elix Skipper's rope walk Hurricanrana) or a cooler version of the Dragonrana.

No, it doesn't need altering. If it was VF2 damage, then yes, tone it down, but right now, it's fine as it is.

Yes, that was a nice throw that I wish he still had.

19. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Wow.. you sure Akria is your main character? The fact that it floats on counter makes it much better then it was in EVO also dmg potential wise its better in 5

20. LemmyIsTheGame

I would hardly say that fighting games are mundane. You may feel that there could be more innovation - fair enough, but they've always been the most exciting genre. If Soul Calibur IV is badly balanced and displays no innovation, it's still ten times more exciting than anything else out there (another FPS or RPG). I agree that uneven stages were incredibly innovative and added a lot to the genre, I was sad to see them go. Some people argue that it would be too random to have high moves miss standing opponents and such due to floor undulation, but it just adds more tactical depth, you have to be more selective with your moves when the backgrounds affect the fight, and that's a good thing. However, I do miss them but am not as hung up about it as I was when VF4 removed them. I love VF5 so much that it's cool as it is.

As for the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif launch for Akira, it isn't needed. It was too powerful before and took away from the Youhou. He doesn't need two launchers.

Anyway back on topic - something I would like to see in VF5R is Quest mode Gold prizes disappearing after you have bought everything from the shop (the same as how orbs stop appearing when you have completed your orb disc). Another orb would be a useless prize when you don't have a disc, and more gold when there is nothing to buy is the same. So yeah, green or red items only when Gold has become useless. This is a stupid oversight in VF5.