1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What Changes You See Happening, In VF5R?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by ShinobiFist, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

Shame. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

You're a pillar of the Akira user's community. If Akira could read VFDC right now, he'd fly to NYC just to SPoD your balls. How can you whine like this? Of course it's hard. Can't handle the double tap? Use Sarah or someone like that. I hear she has a canned kick if you can hitcheck. 'Course I also hear her elbow sucks.

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>There is some hope for you - KoD might bring his programmable stick. You can use that. Maybe he can map SDE to a button for you.[/size]</span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

2. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

I'm reading this post but I can't get my mind off of the image of SPoDing balls. Like... man... like.. I don't even know I'm just gona go do homework or something I can't deal with this right now.

hahahaha

3. Duck_King

Duck_King Well-Known Member

I miss VF4/Evo Jacky.Were his P,down K and 7 P+K,K,K,K removed for balance reasons? I don't think they made him that over-powered in VF3 and 4. I don't like Flamingo stance for Sarah either, I guess I'm just too old-school. Or maybe just an old crank, "damn X-box kids! back in my day we only had a DC with a flying saucer control pad!And we LIKED IT! Dodge button and all!"

4. LikelytoLose

LikelytoLose New Member

Overall I think Kage is pretty good as is except for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.I think the deception is good. However, I wish they would add something so that on a hit you could roll back or cartwheel back right way. You shouldn't be punished for successfully landing an attack.

The other charcater I'd like to see update dowuld be El Blaze. I'd like to see a quick attack out of rocket discharge that can't be interrupted easily, or a ground throw for him.

5. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Yeah... a highly evasive trump-card move that knocks over walls and hits low... giving you advantage on hit.

C'mon now.

6. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

My point was nothing to do with the effectiveness of the move, but the look. Stand guarding and being hit by that looks stupid and so does crouch guarding yet safely defending against a kick to the top of the head. If he needs a low move that flies in it should either be a slide style attack similar to Hayabusa's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for DOA or be a flying in high attack that can be crouched under but is unblockable (Wolf's clothesline style).

I just think the move is only there because it has been since VF1 - in my opinion, it is far too unrealistic and should have been changed long before now.

7. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Hey sometimes it's ok to block things with your face.

8. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    If it makes it to Xbox/PS3:

Record in Dojo mode.

Kage's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to have something done to it.

Being able to use any item with any costume.

9. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Kage's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

Why do people have such a problem with this move? It has limited use: it's used towards the end of rounds as a finisher; also used for ring-out especially on low-walls. If you block you have free combo. If it hits and doesn't KO, you TR/QR then you have free combo.

10. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

It's not the move's stats, it's where the attack hits and where the animation looks like it should hit that is odd.

11. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    What I would change about this move, and I'm being serious, change to mid and make it unblockable. If you dodge it, Kage is fucked, if you get hit, Kage is fucked, so why not?

12. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Is that like blocking, only in Boston?

13. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    No, it's when you just can't "black" it... it's that simple /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif