1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What Changes You See Happening, In VF5R?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by ShinobiFist, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    You need to explain this bullshit bit further...

2. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    I need also the possibility to select the Win pose after match...
    ...and recieving wallpapers would be nice too.
    And return the Training stage fron Vf4 evo -(black-white with squares)-that not distract from the fight by its surroundings.

3. ZenTou

ZenTou Well-Known Member

DUDE you DO know you have been able to select your win pose since VF1? whatever button youre pressing at the end of the match determines it. Yet another one who need a VF 101 course. Buy the brady games manual. itll help you catch up.

4. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Relax man, it is not important to know every little fuck of a game just because you like it.

5. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    yes, i KNOW.
    But this is not exist in VF5 (PS3 ver.B)

6. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

"DUDE you DO know you have not been able to select your win pose since VF5? whatever button youre pressing at the end of the match determines nothing. Yet another one who need a VF 101 course. Buy the brady games manual. itll help you catch up."[/size]

Ignore him Sugata, you obviously know more about VF than ZenTou.

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Bring back vf3 stages. More defensive options. I really would also like to see stop-hit (stop on block) animations return. They looked a LOT more natural.

8. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

what are stop-hit animations?

9. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

I'm assuming, that when a player attacks a opponent, the entire animation stops halfway when is block. Example, Lau's low sweep won't do a full 360 when is blocked low. It will stop halfway.

10. biggz316

biggz316 Well-Known Member

I hope Sega is reading this shyt because some of yall gat some wicked ideas....What I would like to see in R doe is all of the stages from VF4evo return. Esp Jackys stage, that helicopter would look so freaking sick in nex-gen. I would also love to see breakable walls and objects. Fuk it, I just really wanna see it on my tv (37" 1080i BABY!). I hope with all the fighters coming out this year Sega is smart enough to release R on both 360 and PS3.

11. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

They took it out after VF3 because many japanese players thought it slowed the tempo down.

12. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

I think stop-hit and guard animations would be better. I envision future iterations of VF to look like a fight scene in a Kung Fu movie. Nothing complicated, just the defender slapping the jab away, or blocking a hook with stop-hit animation. These subtle effects would add a lot to an already visually pleasing game.

I think VF5 is getting pretty damn close to actually looking like a Kung Fu movie and I'm happy, but there is always much room for improvement.

I think if they added some more types of universal defense options so you can play an even more active or varied defense. I think defense in VF5 is really cool and complex and is one of the coolest aspects of the game. You don't just "hold back" like a 2D game, you dodge, duck, fake and dash on top of your normal guarding. In my very humble opinion, including a lot of universal defense options for every character (all characters would have these options, just like OM and DM) would balance the game out a little more.

As it is now, there are certain match-ups in VF5 that are particularly bad (Goh vs Eileen for example... Eileen has a big adv. in this match-up IMHO.) Give every character a better way to deal with the rush down of Lei, Eileen, Lau, Vanessa, etc... Although, these characters would have these defensive options too, the options would be more useful against the more offensive/rush-down oriented characters than they would be for them (i.e. evade to Akira... He'd probably be better off if no one could evade.)

An alpha counter type system might be helpful. I'm not sure how it would work but I think a way to break block stun once a round would be interesting and might add some new strategies...

Giving everyone some kind of jab counter would be cool too. Something that breaks block and gives a small advantage (+1 or +2 frames) that beats quick attacks, it will work as a jab counter for relentless abare and poking.

The use will be: If they are jabbing in your face you can do a slip block that will knock their jab down and give enough advantage that your next jab will beat their fastest attack. Basically, an active defense just against P and low P to make poking less safe. That will make the game better. As it stands now, there is too much focus and priority on poking (even with characters that shouldn't have/need to... *cough... Jeffry... *cough)

13. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

WTH are you talking about? There is a low punch counter... it's called holding guard, and it gives you +5 frames... it's already better than your idea of only getting +1 or +2... imagine that!!

In fact most characters have a character-specific jab counter as well... Goh's P+K, Aoi's 44P+K, even Jeffry's P+K+G stance will usually cause him to back away just enough that he can counterhit a whiffed PPP string.

14. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Huh? Example?

15. LucidNightmare

LucidNightmare Well-Known Member

I haven't actually ever played VF 3, but after researching it and watching vids on Youtube, I'm really loving it's gameplay style...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lwj1OOHHvj4

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-KaB1y1SFvQ&feature=related

When I used to be big into Tekken, my favorite was, and still is, Tekken 4...and it's funny, because I'm seeing now just where Tekken got most of the ideas for that one from...

VF 3 looks so much fun with the more realistic type of gameplay that it has...

I'd really like to see this system come back reworked, so people won't feel that things will be random because of the stages...

16. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Reanimate Sarah completly! She animates like shit(looks like she should be in 3d mk or tekken). Her reg. stance looks like it was programmed by an epilitc.

17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Looking back, VF3 was imo the worst of the series. This is my vehement opinion (I never got to play FT though).

ps. I hate changes.

18. LucidNightmare

LucidNightmare Well-Known Member

Hmmm...well, at least VF 3 had the best soundtrack! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

19. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

QFT. Good one.

20. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I played VF3 again on the DC yesterday. I really can't stand it.

And VF2 had the best soundtrack. Jeffry's remix was awesome.