1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What Changes You See Happening, In VF5R?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by ShinobiFist, Feb 17, 2008.

1. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

I also played VF3 the other day - and loved it. It has balance issues compared to the newer two, but it's still incredible fun.

I also played VF2 afterwards and that game is so broken it's not even funny. Just shambolic. And even though I am a retro game nut, even I can't stand how ridiculously dated that game is. I love most things in VF2 - graphics, sound, music, feel etc, but the game is just unplayable. The single player is even worse - the pad reading dog-brain AI is the worst in any fighting game.

Giant swings and Splash mountains mean the end of the round, Wolf's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif alternates between gut punch and body slam, No ring positioning moves for 11 of the characters... Not acceptable.

Sorry if this pisses VF2 fans off but I just can't stand it.

2. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Hands down, the absolute best soundtrack in any fighting game, period. Check this out: Virtua Fighter 2 Jeffry Stage Guitar Cover

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHV2Kk3o7lg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yHV2Kk3o7lg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

3. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

That song was embedded in my head as a kid lol. Instantly recall it first notes in.

4. LemmyIsTheGame

I do agree that the soundtrack is absolutely awesome - but so are the ones from VF1 and 3. I'd say they are all equally fantastic - especially 2 and 3. Ps: That video's great - although my favourite part of that piece of music is the original VF2 backing.

5. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Tony agreed. VF2 soundtrack forever!!!

6. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

2:19 in that video. As soon as that bit of music starts, I stop fighting and just listen to that piece of awesomeness. All the other remixes are dire. Jeffry's is the only one that is better than the original. That's one of the things that annoyed me about Fighters Megamix. The lack of originals and the remixes were cut short so you missed the best bit in Jeffry's track. I ended making my own copy with the originals and full Jeffry remix. Much more fun.

Doesn't annoy me. Everyone has their own opinion of the games.

7. ZenTou

ZenTou Well-Known Member

Before responding to those two clueless assclowns above me I'll say something ON TOPIC: A cool feature they could add to the CONSOLe version of VF5 R is and INPUT and COMMAND display onscreen wheen you are playing online Versus. just graft the same display system from dojo mode onto VS. OPTIONAL, of course. It would be a cool aid for newbs. It should be visible only to the player using it.

You select the winpose in REAL TIME by pressing PG , pk or PKG after the "KO" message com,es on screen . The combination of you being DEAD WRONG with your head up your ass SUGATA and LEMMY talking shit on top of it means I've got to rip you a new one.

Clown, hold down P+G and goh does his stomp taunt. EVERY time., YOu are freking retarded. YEAH I have the god damn PS3 version of VF5 you dunce. Some IGNORANT New challenger cant tell me something about a game Ive been playing over 13 years.
    YOU ASS you dont select the win animation from a A FREAKING MENU . YOU stupid prick Lemmy you press the corresponding button to the win pose you want. THATS BASIC VF 101. And NO dumb ass, it hasnt changed in VF5.

Theres no damn excuse for your repugnant ignorance Lemmy. STFU till you learn what the hell youre talking about. And Sugata , next time someone who knows more than you tells you something, LOOK it up AND TEST is before making more assinine responses. People will have more patience with you if you LISTEN when they try to tell you useful information rather than being HARDHEADED. That's just insufferable.

These god damn Xbox assholes make me sick. Lemmy that means you.

8. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Honestly I enjoyed VF3 the most

9. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yk8WPKAvF5c&hl"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yk8WPKAvF5c&hl" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. Low_Sweep

Low_Sweep Well-Known Member

lol I knew i recognized that song some where. I think its from VF2. I use to play the hell outta that game back on the saturn/arcade.

11. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Akira's VF2 theme.

12. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    I've tested this-not working, NOT WORKING!
    Perhaps, it'll be working by using your...eeh..ANAL button!
    But i have not this on my sixaxis.
    P.S. Sorry for offtop.

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    No. Unless they're exercising some kind of mind control over you, you don't "got" to do anything.

Please keep this thread on topic. If you really want to fight with Lemmy and SUGATA over how win-pose selection works in VF5*, please take it to the VF5 General section.

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>*Really, though, I don't see much to be gained by being right about this matter.</span>

14. LemmyIsTheGame

Well, you'd be surprised to know that I bought a PS3 just for VF5 when it came out in the UK and played it all last summer, and then as I wanted the online mode, I bought the game for a second time for the Xbox.

Sorry to disappoint your 12 year old console war argument but you couldn't be more wrong. And the rest of your post is just laughable. Grow up and stop posting pointless capital letter filled 'insults'.

back on topic. I would like to see Kage's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif be changed to a mid attack. It just looks ridiculous as the hit does not look mid at all. Or get rid of the move altogether and give him a darting in slide under the same command.

15. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

He already has a "darting in slide"...

16. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

You can combo Kage even if this move connects, and you want to make it into a mid? This move only has one use and it's during the end of rounds. In which case, everyone expects it. It was made to look weird for a reason. If you make it to look like a low-attack it will lose it's effectiveness.

17. GMonroy

GMonroy Well-Known Member

I have tried to select a win pose for Pai and it never works. I am playing on the 360.

18. Shinn_Akira

Shinn_Akira Well-Known Member

I hope that they give brad the following

1) Give him clinch throw out of ducking!!!! (WANT THIS THE MOST)
    2) Give him a hig/mid punch parry (it's in his style but he doesn't have one for some reason
    3) Improve the properties of his hell trap
    4) make his 2p +1 on guard ( HAHAHAHAHAH YA I KNOW JUST KIDDING)

19. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I just wish Akira would get his VF4 version A/B(can't remember) elbow back. Sometimes it's so hard to buffer 66P after blocking a low punch. And 6P is 16 frames so that's no good. I know in VF4 that elbow was 13 frames so it's was just way to strong, but even if they made it 14 frames it would be a greater asset than his current 6P. I don't want to lose the current 6P, so maybe they can remap the controls or something. Maybe 64P and then you can just do 64P4 for same results as 6P4.

Also I wish they would give his catch throw faster execution or great catch frames as they currently suck unless the person stands completely still. It's obvious they will never give him a full circular so having his catch throw improved will definite help his overall game and stop people from just randomly dodging against him at the first sign of getting hit in ANY direction they choose. Sure he has 2 great half circulars, but with 19 frame execution it's absolutely pointless against attack happy opponents who either spam at first chance of getting hit or who like to evade ~ cancel and attack. Even at +5-6 advantage if I try to step back and then try to execute the move in hopes of catching them while dodging or coming out of dodge with an attack, it's usually a 50/50 split but it almost feels like he ends up on the loosing end most of the time. Having this catch throw improve will finally give him the ability to create more options as oppose to his current style of gunning for a lucky counter hit.

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal