1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown!?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hatredboy, May 26, 2021.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I'm liking it so far, it IS Final Showdown, so the base game is great.
    Just need a few quality of life tweaks for match-making to be excellent.

Rollback obviously would have been nice, along with single player modes, but that's not what this game was about.

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  2. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Ehhh. There's reasons people will still play the game. Or play both. 2d and 3d being the biggest example

3. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    The most accurate thing I've ever seen. Dragon Combination (1p+kpp) best move

Attached Files:

Emptyeyes and cobratron like this.
  4. Shin ZAKIRA

Shin ZAKIRA Member

Finally had the time to play the game properly. So here are my thoughts regarding it.

First, let’s the elephant in the room. Net Code.

Though it’s not Rollback, it’s way better than any fighter I played with Delay-Based net code. Far better than Tekken and Soulcalibur. Match making is fast and so loading the game. The weird thing is, I sometimes get matched with people with huge latency although I put the settings to best connection. Either, these people we’re playing on Wi-Fi or it’s a bug in the servers and they should fix it.

Graphics are really good. But as I expected and noted before, they didn’t remake anything from scratch. They just took the old models and tweaked them a bit while sculpting new faces. And that’s very understandable for the time and budget allocated to the game.

Speaking of faces. Most of the characters look weird. They tried to make them realistic, instead of making them stylized. We don’t need another Mortal Kombat. They should have just left the faces as they are and added more details to them so they more natural. Best example for this, are Goh, Brad and Jean. Their faces kept stylized the way they are while adding more natural details to them.

Now, I’m not saying the rest of the faces are bad. Vanessa and Jeffrey look great. But Akira, Aoi and Pai, should have been left they way they are and giving the natural treatment like Goh and Jean.

Though I don’t care much for single player contents, I wish they brought back all of the single player modes from VF5 vanilla and VF5FS. It will give a huge value to the game and it will encourage new users to stay and play the game in any form they like.

Finally, though this is not a new VF game, I’m just glad That the game was released on current/next-gen consoles. And although GG Strive is around the corner, I’ll keep playing VF5US to support the game and to show SEGA that we need a proper new VF game with all next-gen features and net code.

Zekiel and Carlos Lenz like this.
  5. Shin ZAKIRA

Shin ZAKIRA Member

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post, which it the hit effects along the sound effects too.

Many players here don’t favor the inclusion of theses new effects or outright hate. I on the other like this change. The hit effects are not as horrendous as other fighting games. They are easy on the eyes and gives some flare to the fight. I also favor effects cause it makes it easier to confirm type of hits. And though the voice sounds seems to be weak, the quality of the new hit sounds are great.

Zekiel and masterpo like this.
  6. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    My only gripe with the hit effects is that in FS, Yellow was the color used for Counter hit and in US, Yellow is the color used for normal hits which screws with my head and reading of a situation. I'm sure I'll adjust but not sure why they needed to change colors of the effects.

ToyDingo and erdraug like this.
  7. StarNab

StarNab Well-Known Member

A pleasure to be back :D

8. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

My take on Ultimate Showdown... I think when Gully Gear: Strive drops... US will be dead. None of these Non- VF regular steamers care whether this game lives or die. They just want the views. It’s Beautiful PS4 rendition of Final Showdown but it’s just in a bad spot with the average gamer.

beanboy and masterpo like this.
  9. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

We'll get a true test of which game people think is "too hard". GG series has always been known as the true difficult to play series since the first one released during the dead/dark era of fighting games post Third Strike.

Zekiel likes this.
  10. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

I think most people will drop the game mostly because of the bad netcode.

It was lame from Sega to release a game mostly focus on online, while having a netcode that is this bad, and the was given free for PS+, most people may probably drop it after 2 or 3 matches when they notice the insane delay input.

Sega need to hurry up to fix it asap while the game is still very high in trending.

ToyDingo and MarlyJay like this.
  11. SDS_Overfiend1

I didn’t notice that. My first GG was on Dreamcast and it didn’t seam hard to me... And I’m a Venom player. People just don’t know what they want anymore.

beanboy likes this.
  12. SDS_Overfiend1

Hmmmmm.. I heard Myke say his connect with people close was better than Final showdown. I haven’t played it yet to give my input on it from a online but I will this week

13. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

VF5FS and TTT2 on Xbox 360 and PS3 worked much better for me, and i had a much worst internet than today back then.

SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
  14. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Virtua Fighter has 3 major modes

• Single Player Mode
    • Offline VS Mode
    • Online Mode
    At least 2 of these modes must be fully functional and acceptable to the fans for the game to survive. It cannot survive if only one of these modes is fully function. If all three are fully functional then it will be an overwhelming success:)

15. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

But there making Guilty Gear Strive much easier and simpler from the sounds of it. Quite a lot has been taken out.

16. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

It does kind of suck that the games release so close together, but I do think that fighting games aren't mutually exclusive. People will still play both if they're interested.
    I do think the 'big' streamers will just follow whatever is hot for the views, but even so we will get a big influx of new players. Especially if we can keep the game alive by bringing it to locals etc, since people can actually play on the relevant hardware and not rely on emulation/Xbox.

17. SDS_Overfiend1

It’s their influence over these brain dead followers. The silly shit they get mad at in their 3rd day calling it stupid and the followers who don’t want to play it because their favorite streamer sucks lol

Zekiel likes this.
  18. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Or as I like to call them "cookie cutters". Can't think for themselves since they're sub 50iq, so they do whatever Maximilian says

19. mo-be-so

mo-be-so New Member

hey guys im new to VF (coming from tekken)
    and im having a blast.
    problem is, i cant access the character customization menu.
    (i got the game with ps+) do i have to buy that "legendary" dlc or something?

Shinobi likes this.
  20. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Yes you have to buy it.

mo-be-so likes this.