1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of Tekken?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Weisskreuz, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Weisskreuz

Weisskreuz Member

Well, I'm very surprised about the positive feedback, my question got here.

I actually prefer TTT, I prefer the buttonlayout, the big jugglepossibilities and imo the punches/kicks in TTT have more "power". VF3 is more like a fighting simulation. I would rather compare VF with Soul Calibur, which is imo also an awesome game. I don't know if I'm good at VF3, I don't think I'm a VF-Scrub, but Tekken was always me fun for me.

I met many scrubs which hade some problems with playing Tekken and claimed it's a buttonmasher game. I hate those guys. But it's funny that all guys who are saying such words are actually scrubs in Tekken, all people I know who play both games well (like Alex Valle), say that Tekken is also a great game.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that there are so many more Tekken players totally ignorant to VF.

It's unfortunate because most of the people bashing Tekken are usually casual gamers whose faith lies more in brand loyalty (i.e. Sega) than any real understanding of the game. Hence, what they really think matters little, because they do not play.

Most decent Tekken players, on the other hand, play because they understand the concept of a fighting game. It's these people--especially outside of Japan--that Sega is trying to attract to VF.