1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What does your gamertag say about you?

Discussion in 'General' started by Modelah, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    Oh, I thought it was a reference to Resident Evil 5's boss Uroboros.
    *edit- I just saw your XBL gamertag, oops:)

Craigbot likes this.
  2. UroboroSx

UroboroSx Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Gato Negro Jr
    oh i forgot, i was actually talking about my new GT, but yeah i'm a Resident Evil fan too so you're right sorry :p

Jason Elbow and Craigbot like this.
  3. complexz

complexz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mistercomplexz
    like 10 years ago I thought it sounded cool. I added the Z because it was better than adding a arbitrary number :)

Ytpme_Secaps and Modelah like this.
  4. CheekyChi

CheekyChi Well-Known Member

XBL:
    CheekyChi
    Where I worked during my uni days I was called CheeckyChi - working in a gambling firm and there was a race horse called CheekyChi. So that name just stuck with me. Hehe the story is a little bit longer but didn't want to bore you guys (& gals).

5. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    I would have gone with something T-Type in honor of Nemesis... the most bad-ass guy who scarred 7 years of my life...

6. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

Mine comes from an old wrestler character I used to have many years ago- wanted to get away from my past some as well.

7. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    I Usually have PReP as my handle nowadays, or a variation like: "P_ReP, P.ReP" or so. But when i registered my PSN Account a few months back everything seemed taken, so i got this P__ReP (two underscores), bah!.

What it signifies is a shortform of "Poisionous Reptile", in which poisonous is misspelled (a typo from years back that just stuck)..

And the root of that even, was my oldes handle "RePTiLe" (or Reptile), which in itself was because i found Reptile in Mortal Kombat to be the coolest, and i liked lizards/reptiles...
    When internet became a thing, i found that simple handles like that was too common, so i added the misspelled "poisionous" before it.

I nowadays use PReP everywhere, from my Arch Linux webserver, to my minecraft handle, and as the artist Name for the Tracker-based music i create.

So there you have my dirty ole' "secret" : p

Fun thread-initiative Modelah! : )

8. Voltaige

Voltaige Active Member

XBL:
    Voltaige
    Had to create a superhero in art class one day. I made him use electricity powers. Had to think of "electricity" themed names. Saw a can of Mountain Dew Voltage. Used the name "Voltage" when I turned the project in. Teacher misspelled the name when I got it back, the name was now "Voltaige". I liked the name(+it was more original) and the sound it made when it was said, so I kept it.

Jason Elbow, Ytpme_Secaps and Modelah like this.
  9. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    That's one cool art class...

10. Voltaige

Voltaige Active Member

XBL:
    Voltaige
    @JaLoHa21: Haha it was Computer Graphics, so I got to draw him, scan him, and paint him in CoralPainter. Pretty sweet class.

11. BlueLink

BlueLink Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLUELINKBR
    Mine is because I really liked the color Blue and The Legend of Zelda series when I made it (when I was 11 years old or something), and BR is because BlueLink is already being used on most places I try creating an account, so I just add the first two letters of my country on it when that happens.

12. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Man, this is a cool thread. Great stuff Modelah.
    I wish I had some really cool story behind my tag but it was just a twitter name I came up with one night. I've always liked the imagery of the grim reaper (not in a creepy way). To this day I still wear hoodies, most likely at eye level. And I've always been a music buff especially while I play online games but even that diverges from rock into electronic, rap, chiptune and almost anything else (Still looking for that sponsorship request pandora).

Ytpme_Secaps, Ellis and Modelah like this.
  13. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    Awesome. I was quietly hoping PReP and daRockReaper would post. Cheers!

Ellis likes this.
  14. daRockReaper

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I agree about PRep but I still don't think my name is that special And I have to play you some time Voltaige Another blaze that's into computer graphics seem like a cool dude Too bad I'm only on PSN

Ellis likes this.
  15. CodyHunter07

CodyHunter07 Well-Known Member

I happen to hunt wild codys on the 7th of every month......

16. La Muerte

La Muerte Member

XBL:
    Stizz La Muerte
    I've seen death one time and stizz is part of my artist name!

17. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    Well, "Spiros" is my first name and "1978" is my date of birth. So, there is nothing special about them :D

Ytpme_Secaps, Ellis and Modelah like this.
  18. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

The name Tricky came from what I named my character eileen in the vanilla version of the game at my buddies place. I didn't actually have a PS3 when ver B was the only game we had so I made it on his console for when I'd be over his crib playing. I used to bike for 20 minutes just to play this game on his ps3 controller. Back when each custom version of your data had to have a name or "NO-NAME". I thought Eileen embodied what it meant to be a tricky character to fight against.

When I got good at the game, it ended up being with eileen, so I decided to use my custom name for Eileen as my gamertag. vfdc is at the end of my tag because Tricky by itself was already taken and I didn't want to add some random digits or another word to my name. I just wanted to be tricky. Before I joined vfdc in ernest, I was trickyviper for a while, but too many peeps were calling me viper instead of tricky so I dropped the viper and replaced it with _vfdc.

19. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    Back when I used to play FPS games in high school, I used to be the one rushing in on waves of enemy teams to score the first kill. This has absolutely nothing to do with surfing or water sports.

Kobi was also the name of my pet dog when I was younger. It was the closest thing I had towards a friend in my first year of moving to Calgary in the fifth grade.

Ytpme_Secaps, masterpo and Modelah like this.
  20. daRockReaper

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    H
    I really hoped when I saw your name on stream, it was related to the Waverunner arcade game. But but still a pretty cool name especially the dedication to your dog. And good stuff at Sega Cup Hopefully, I can play you next year.

Craigbot likes this.