1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What does your gamertag say about you?

Discussion in 'General' started by Modelah, Mar 22, 2013.

1. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

My GT, "EvenPit" I got from when I was still in highschool when I first got an xbox I think it was 10th or 11th grade. It was randomly generated by microsoft and had weird numbers and extra letters after it. Looked something like this eVenpit009. Of course I didnt like the way it looked on the screen (ocd thing) so I cleaned it up into just "EvenPit". and I guess it dosnt hurt that Pitt was the school I ended up attending after highschool so theres that.

Modelah and Craigbot like this.
  2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

My gamertag isn't even relevant anymore.

My gamertag used to be Beligerent Feck but MS forced me to change it after a bunch of salty Gears of War 3 players reported it. Had the tag 5 years with no issues so it was pretty sad.

I changed it to Senzankou in EZ because I was well known for using Akira's [6][6][P][+][K][P] back in vanilla 5, I spammed that move like crazy :p

In FS though I barely use the move anymore, wish I could have my old tag back :(

Ytpme_Secaps, Craigbot and Modelah like this.
  3. Ikkitousen

Ikkitousen Member

PSN:
    Pedro0709
    Pedro0709 = name + birthday
    Ikkitousen = lit. "Strength of a Thousand"

Ytpme_Secaps and Modelah like this.
  4. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    At that time, I was so in love with VF4 that I thought it was the king of fighting games.
    And I wanted a nickname starting with a "k" like my real name.
    So I made the nickname "kingofvf4", and I wasn't even aware that it means that I am the king of VF4, rather than VF4 is the king of something, which made me sound cocky and boastful. But it was just an english mistake.
    Then Tekken players like to shorten my nickname by calling me with just "kingo", so I sticked with that.

5. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    Cool story, kingo. Did you get flamed by many players over your GT?

6. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    No, they just tease or make fun of me, by calling me "kingofnothing", "kingofscrubs", stuff like that. :p

Ben_Lord_Dur likes this.
  7. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Well my gamer tag means Mister 69 with italian spellin. that because i made 69 point at my first bowling match (the max is 300 right) so everybody started joking with me. Since then i'm the Mister (because saying Mister sixty nine is freaking long).

Ytpme_Secaps, Modelah and Sozos like this.
  8. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    At our local place, I was always the biggest (playing college football tends to make you a little bigger and buffer than the average person) and I always like to look at things as scientifically as possible. Hence, everyone called me "Beast" or "Beasty" in honor of the X-men character and since I still try to lift a lot. BeastyEG was the only available tag & EG are my main initials so I figured I would roll with it.

Usually my tourney tag is BB M-ray, but since our local place is gone and M-ray has been tainted with so much losing, I'll probably just be BeastyEG from now on (not that it is doing much better :p ).

Avatar is because the first tourney I ever won was because of Deathscythe in Gundam Wing: Endless Duel since he was so broken (nothing like having a 100% combo anywhere!). Haven't done anything of value since :(

FGBeastEG = Fighting Game Beast + Initials

9. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

My gamer tag is literally spontaneous jumbled letter because I have zero creativity for creating names. Bit of a downside to be honest since a lot of people aren't sure how to pronounce it :(.

Kobi found me out.

Tih~rip~sehm

Kinda irks me when I get tiripism (lol, sounds like a religion).

Ytpme_Secaps, PoisonKid13 and Modelah like this.
  10. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    Odd. I always thought the gamer tag was just 'Me - Spirit' backwards. That would have been cool.

Ytpme_Secaps, Craigbot and BlueLink like this.
  11. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

It start that way, but I though explaining it to others as such would be sort of corny and tedious I guess? And PSN was crappy in not letting me use Tirips(e)m so it sort of fell from there lol. You figured it out >.<

Craigbot likes this.
  12. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
  13. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    circa 1999.

Another video from a related album that also blew my mind. The name BLACKSTAR is my memory and homage the rap duo and also to this era of growth and realization of limitless potential.

https://vine.co/v/hjQZ1OqT0ia

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  14. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    It says I can't spell an Onimusha character's name correctly.

Modelah and BlackGeneral like this.
  15. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    It's my full name spelt backwards.

masterpo and Modelah like this.
  16. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Really? What's your nationality then?

17. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Umm... I'm black and I lead armies to victory...
    Yeah, imma go with that.

18. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Iran. I consider myself Canadian though. :D

oneida, masterpo, Modelah and 2 others like this.
  19. Optimus_Cack

Optimus_Cack Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SquareNinja
    this is cool nickname people gave me for a dumb reason at the arcade in omaha. if you're curious what it means pronounce it with di caprio's fake accent in the departed and you're on the right track.

the psn handle i have is derived from an eldritch phrase of power from the ancient days of junior high, runic etchings on notebook paper and the back of old worksheets. it was unique so i stuck with it until i got this one

20. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    Trust me, it's not teasing or fun at all... really accurate indeed! :p

SAC en anglais!! :D