1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What Game to Start With

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by kiko17, Mar 22, 2016.

1. kiko17

kiko17 Member

Hi, I am brand new to virtua fighter. I played some other fighting games before and I play smash a lot. But something drew me to virtua fighter. I have a wii u and a ps2 but not a xbox 360 or ps3. Is VF4 a good game to get introduced to the series? Or should I wait and save money for VF5.

Ares-olimpico likes this.
  2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    VF4 is close enough to "modern VF5" to work as an introduction to the series. VF3 on the other hand is too different, having things like separate button for evading and so on.

3. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I think if you get too comfortable with 4 and it's harsher mechanics FS might come quite strange feeling in comparison. I'd just save money for FS or even vanilla 5.

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I think VF4 or VF4:evolution are great places to start. Better single player and tutorials. Get Evo for the PS2.

Rodnutz and nou like this.
  5. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Starting with VF4:Evolution is a great start.

6. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

VF4 Evo would probably be a good choice, everything in FS in simplified in comparison. If you start learning in 4, you'll be sick in no time. That being said, FS is really simple, hella straight forward, and only 15 dollars digital, so you should probably just go with that

7. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    please get VF4EVO instead of plain VF4

8. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Just play it safe and start out with Puzzle Fighter.
    Jk jk, 4evo. I never got a chance to play it unfortunately :(

9. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Who for sure, especially if you have no one to play with. Evo got tons of content to keep you occupied.

10. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Start here or VF4:EVO!

jimi Claymore likes this.
  11. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    VF4 is better than FS, great starting point please enjoy it!

12. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    If you can find VF4 and VF4 Evo get them both.
    Kumite mode and training your own AI the ability to save replays in single player in VF4 is kewl and worth the money

Quest Mode and Quest Challenges in VF4 EVO , training mode, and the underground tournaments, some of the extra video is well worth the money.

You really can't go wrong either way. The ability for player 1 and player 2 to have their own profiles is a nice feature in VF4. That you lose by the time you get to VF5 or VF5S so dude, get VF4 and VF4 EVO and play them until the wheels come off:LOL:

MarlyJay likes this.