1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

what happened to blast city??

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Nov 14, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hey ice-9, just out of curiosity, what happened to blast city, it says it has some weird error or something

2. Guest

Guest Guest

It died and went to messageboard heaven.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

There was a glitch in one of our web host's servers, and one of the main files for the Blast City code became deleted. I had to leave Omaha for the gathering and just returned, and so was unable to personally coordinate reinstalling the code.

I tried my best to set things up so the problem could be resolved, but again, our web host was unable to find my account information due to bureacracy, limited customer service, and to a certain degree, incompetence, and Infocorp (the guys behind the UBB code) wanted to charge a $95 fee for reuploading one simple file.

Obviously, as per norm of most businesses, nothing was done. Blast City should be up again by tomorrow night or Tuesday morning. Please forward this message to all Blasters.

ice-9 | Sennin

4. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

$95 ????
    Man, that's practically daylight robbery !!! So what's the situation ? And what did you do ?

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Blast City is back!!!!!!!!!!!

ice-9 | Sennin

6. Guest

Guest Guest

ice-9: Just so you know: you can't access the Wolf step 1 guide through the index page route (by clicking into the Wolf section). You have to go back to the old site instead.
    Imashroom

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Thanks--the link has been fixed. Also, the Lion videos should work now.

ice-9 | Sennin

8. Guest

Guest Guest

hey, ice 9, where did my account go(i use the same name as here), i try to post, but it says my password is invalid, i try to register my name again, but it says there is already a sk8kid13, then i try to get it to email me my pasword, but all i get is a blank username and password. did my account somehow get screwed up in the glitch??

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

sk8kid13, I apologize, but during the recent "hiccup" a few accounts became corrupted beyond repair. It seems as though your account was one of them. Currently, Blast City is still not 100% as registration does not seem to be working. As soon as I get that fixed, I will reregister you right away.

ice-9 | Sennin

10. Guest

Guest Guest

no prob, thx man