1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What Happens in Virtua Fighter 6?

Discussion in 'General' started by samtheseed, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

McDojo...He'd teach his own unique fighting style: McNinja.

If money troubles get really bad, he can always be a substitute for the Ask A Ninja ninja when he's sick or something.

Question: "Why is the sky blue?"

Kage: "Namuu..."

Question: "Where's the other Ninja?"

Kage: "Namuu..."

Question: "Why are homeless Ninjas addicted to crystal meth?"

Kage: "Korezo HagakureRyuu. Shoujin subeshi."

OH NO! NINJA PEER PRESSURE!!!

2. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

taka wouldn't work in vf4/vf5 as the animation system seems to use a shared single skeleton for every character....therefore taka's scale would result in nasty clipping during particular throw and hold animations.

that's why i still love vf3's inverse kinematic style hit detection system where points on each character's skeleton would confirm the hit rather than a hard and fast frame number.

the combat was much more dynamic, especially whne you factored in the variable terrain.

3. KingZeal

KingZeal Well-Known Member

Here's how I call it:

"The curtain closed on the World Martial Arts Tournament 5, and in the end, it was Lei Fei who was crowned champion. However, his victory was bittersweet, as he was attacked by monks from his former monastery who wished to finish him for betraying their cause. Lei Fei fought valiantly, but just as he was about to be overwhelmed by their superior numbers, he found unexpected help in the form of V-Dural.

The J6 organization then extended an offer of membership to Lei Fei, who accepted the opportunity without hesitation. Using his skills to train a new army of mass-produced Dural models, Lei Fei stands at the forefront of J6 as they prepare to take the world by force.

Let the World Martial Arts Tournament 6 commence!"

4. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Lion wins the VF5 tournament and with the money he won he goes and gets a sex change operation.
    Look out VF6, here comes "Leona" Rafale.
    XD

5. seven5suited

seven5suited Well-Known Member

Maybe Lion will finally get that operation and become Liona.

6. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Lion did get that sex change....and switched games! heh heh /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

[​IMG]

7. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

My guess is the shark escapes in the final round between Lau and Vanessa, eats V-Dural and bites Lau's leg right off to add insult and injury to illness, so he'll be back to get vengeance on Jeff for being an inept fisherman.

And Rock How... I mean Leo is just... meh.

8. seven5suited

seven5suited Well-Known Member

Damn I was beaten to my joke. I should have refreshed first. Uncanny how we had that idea at the same time. Good job, Sega, for creating a young man kids can look up to...

9. Duck_King

Duck_King Well-Known Member

Taka needs to come back, why should he be the only fighter ever
    xed from a vf game. the more the merrier!

10. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

VF6 gets released. Initially "hardcore" players of the series will be turned off by it. Some will stop playing, some will continue to like it, some will make threads why they liked 5 more, then others will chime in and say how they liked 4 or 3 or 2 or 1 more than that. Some will like 6 more than any of the others. And it will likely become the tourney frontrunner of the series in Japan and more than likely other countries as well.

11. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

I don't know much about Taka so I'd want to see him evolve like the rest of the cast. How was his gameplay anyways? Hand slaps? Stomps? easy ringouts???

12. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

There will be a female pro wrestler character named Big Bad Momma and she'll be 400 lbs and practice capoeira and sequential swimming.

13. BlackDragon37

BlackDragon37 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to discuss the story if the characters actually had endings...

14. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

You're missing the point. AM2 decides how the tournament in the story ended after each game based on character use in japan during the game's lifetime. Once again, the game is focused on you as the player, who cares about some paragraph some writer in a cubicle could come up with before the game even comes out?

15. KtotheG

KtotheG Well-Known Member

there has to be a wu-tang fighter, cos there is a shaolin fighter /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

16. Cadger

Cadger Member

So Kage will win every VF tournament in the story cause Japan really likes ninja's?

17. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

Yes, or at least, that's how it's always worked so far. Doesn't hurt that he's consistently S-tier, of course.

18. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I hope Goh has a down attack that looks like the stomping motion he does during one of his Japanese replay intros or at least like one of his win pose animations.

19. Violet

Violet Well-Known Member

It is my hope that in Virtua Fighter 6... Lau is dead, because they've been hinting at it. Eileen comes out of her child-sized closet (YAY!). Brad gets his ass kicked so hard by Sarah, Vanessa and Aoi that he doesn't come back (he's just there as a playboy character, and I hate that. Maybe if they gave him some depth instead of having him be all, "Oooh baby, a busty black girl and a Japanese schoolgirl. I'm gonna get me some of that ass!"). Aoi and Akira might finally have some interaction, as Sega is claiming that they're childhood friends. Maybe Sega will explain how that works when Akira is more than ten years older than Aoi. (Hopefully she isn't pulling a Kyo Kusanagi.)

Kage will finally get his mom back, Jeffry will lose some weight, Lei won't be a jackass, Goh will finally kill someone (he has to be the world's worst assassin. I like him, but honestly), and Shun Di will share some of his booze with everyone else. The only thing that I want to remain unchanged is Lion. He is awesome.

20. KtotheG

KtotheG Well-Known Member

No, just no. Make him less of a racial caricature, yes, make him less big? fuck no. have a kimbo beard customisation for jeff in vf6