1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What Have You Learned? / How Have You Progressed?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by JHow77, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    Re: What Have You Learned? / How Have You Progress

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] go rodney GOOOO!

2. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3

GOD DAMN THIS MAKES ME WANNA PWN SOMEONE!!!! [​IMG]

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

Get in 370Z. Drive to SoCal. PWN. Then we can drive here.

4. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

this Chiga been MIA since WCG!!!

5. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico

I didn't even read the replys. Don't want to lol. Don't mind me yall, i'm just troll master 9000 at level 856 n shit. Don't let me ruin yalls flow here. The internet is just making me go nuts, straight up. I just can't hang mentaly with this stuff. So ima go on ahead n get out the cosina. Ima be playin online as usual though. I'll see yall there or whatever. Someone mssg me on Xbox if there's a gathering in Minnesota. Lag sucks lol [​IMG] But it's better than nothing. Adios.

6. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Yes, playing is better than message board spamming.

Now for my spam:

I was only saying that I personally think that it is wack to make backdashing the foundation of one's game. That is what I meant by 'turtling.' And I differentiated between those who do it to make you whiff and/or poke poke you to death and those who do it so they can unleash some spam.

Was I really projecting? Is this what I do? Am I a compulsive backdasher? I really do not think so, and therefore everyone who says that I was describing my own style is just wrong, as far as I can tell. I did not say that I never back dash or never poke or never use a string. I just said that the aforementioned styles of the perpetual backdasher are lame in my estimation.

Maybe I am wrong and it is actually an awesome way to play. Maybe every style is just as good as every other style and Addypaddy and Haze are totally respectable.

And yes, I did insult Kaminari Overfiend because I would just as soon he not respond to anything I write b/c I find him to be disagreeable and belligerent.

7. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Surely someone who brags as much as you do about being more socialized than the average nerd would realize that when most people claim that he plays in the same ways he constantly complains about, it may hold some weight? You'd think someone as socialized as yourself wouldn't be so...oblivious?

To be honest, I don't think this about playstyle, it's about winning and losing. And you really don't like to lose, and that's fine. But, using this backdash stuff as a way to avoid playing people has gotten pretty old, seeing as you're constantly trying to stay on the other side of the screen as much as possible with one of the strongest and safest characters on the game. I played you once with Jacky, and played absolutely no defense. I didn't bother backdashing, ETEGing or any other defensive options and you sent me a message saying I was playing too safe even though I was purposefully dashing forward like an idiot throughout most of the matches. It just seems like whenever you lose, it's the other guys fault for playing a certain way instead of learning how to deal with the way he's playing. Predictably, when the game first came out and we played, you were winning 95% of the matches and had nothing to say about my playstyle. When I started winning, I became that cowardly backdashing guy who plays defense all day.

There is nothing wrong (imo) with addypaddy and Haze's playstyle other than the fact that they don't really adapt. I even have addypaddy on my friendslist and used to play him all the time.

Lastly, why did I type this shit? I don't even play this game anymore mang. Runnin' through threads grinding gears with this shit 4 years later. This guy will never change his tune.

8. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Insulting me still won't help the fact that you still do the same shit 4 years later. you can beat me 10 times out of 10 and ill still be better than you.. I don't know how that works but...... Ill still be better than you. I mean shit you have the best defense in the world... When you loses 3 in a row you Disappear.. Fuck Blocking.

9. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

Off topic, how did you handle Haze's play style? Your right he does not adapt, but the way he uses DMPK and 66PKG is quite annoying.

At first it was really hard for me to touch this guy and it didn't help that we have a shitty connection. It says 3 bars, but it's more like 2 or 1 for some reason and the lag spikes always seemed to occur when it's my turn to make a big move lol. Anyway, I'm at the point now with Akira where I can handle him and his barrage of DMPK & 66PKG spamming ,but with any other character it's hard.

Also anyone know how Haze is? After assessing his play style and knowledge I don't think this is the first VF he has played. I'm curious if he lives among us, but stays hidden.

10. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, Haze has alot of skill, he TE skills are damn good too. Only problem is you have to force him to do it. Played him one time and the connection was spot on. We must have played for 45 min. Learned a new respect for him. But if you czn stop that cheese, hes jjst gonna keep doin it

11. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Haze has a common knowledge for the game this is why he presents such a challenge. When you dumb your shit down and use the same moves over and over to beat him you will realize that your just shortchanging yourself just to beat this guy. You can pick up alot of bad habits trying to beat him consistanly though so after like a 5 game streak i break out.

12. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

There's a lot of players that teach you bad habits, win or lose the match.

In the end, against the players that teach or facilitate bad habits and auto pilot, to me, I consider it a loss despite what the match outcomes were.

No matter who you are you WILL lose matches in VF to somebody or someone. Cause NO ONE is invincible, no one. However it's plain as day and pretty easy to figure out if a player is strong or has the potentials to be.

I'm probably the easiest to beat out of a lot of people in this game, because my playing style is too wild and stylish. But my strength in the game don't really come into question, despite loses I can take. This helps your ego too, if you respect whatever your opponent brings to the table, taking a loss won't have you trying to belittle someone else's playing style. It's a hard road, took a while for me to follow it too.

13. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

I think he's a pretty good player, the not adapting comment was more for addypaddy than him : D. The first time I played him I got slaughtered, but I thought about what he was doing and I won the following set pretty badly.

Defensively, he's very likely to 2P or DMPK(In one direction, I don't remember which way). He'll struggle a bit if you wait out your advantages or do backdash delayed mids.

It's been a long time since I've played him but I felt like if I just stayed patient he'd end up digging his own grave.

If you played him with Akira, I think Ak vs. Ka is way in Kage's favor anyways. Alot of Akira's safe moves to get in end up whiffing against runaway Kage's like 66PK, 46PK and 666P. Only thing I could suggest is throwing more dbl palm in spacing.

14. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Always [8] [​IMG]

I have a hard time with his Kage too, I have to play really patiently vs him and it never works out too well in my favour with a 1 bar connection.

15. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I do play almost all people and have way more people who I beat repeatedly who won't fight me (like Kaminari Overfiend!) than vice versa. I can see why you feel the way you do b/c you were one guy who I hated playing for sheer application of textbook knowledge. And yes, to cope I lamely did play a pretty full-on run-away style vs. your goh years ago, but I don't think that this is my default style.

I am really referring to a small # of people (who I haven't even named) who run away all the time. I am not even saying I avoid fighting them b/c I almost always do fight them.

Maybe no one thinks it is tedious to fight the people who you are always chasing down. Maybe mine is the minority opinion. Maybe I myself am actually constantly 11441144 and doing DMPK and I just don't realize it.

I guess in the end I would like to see SEGA tone down the utility of strings and backdashing/backprancing and get rid of DMPK. But there are many things I would like so whatever. Oh, well. Off to the annual New York Social Register cocktail party where I can rub elbows with all my fancy friends and then boast about how "socialized" I am on vfdc.

16. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

I played Haze yesterday (he invited me) and got trounced, for the most part. I was puzzled at his use of 66PKG at first, but then I realized how punishable it was if I just blocked low. He'll always do it if your back is to the wall or if it will kill you. I happened to be playing Akira at the time (don't know why), so I got him to half life, baited the 66PKG, then punished with 214P combo. Thats a lot of damage. After that, he didn't try that move as much anymore [​IMG]

Then he changes it up to 3K mid-range pokes. Thats honestly much more threatening than the 66PKG, but I think he uses it to get players to want to crouch so that 3K is more effective.

Good games overall. I just wish I had been using one of my main characters, instead of Akira. I can't help it though, I just want to have fun with the game so I pick random characters.

17. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77

It's interesting you say this Rod because the same thing happened to me. It said 3 bars but the lag spikes were some of the worst I had ever seen. And it ALWAYS seemed like they weren't in my favor. Basically Haze had no problems pulling off any flowchart or combo you could think of, and I could barely ever do any of mine. I don't think I've ever experienced a more lopsided lag match.

I too think he must have played previous VFs. He does have some pretty in-your-face fast and furious style, and knows what works.

Just like White Worm said, he invited me to a session. The fact he invited me makes me think he looks at this website, or is someone we know. I think this because I haven't played him in about 9 months, or even seen him online, he's not on my friend's list, and then out of nowhere I get a match request.

I'd love to play him again when the connection is more ideal. He is definitely fun to play, if even just for trying to stop his barrage of attacks.

18. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, I've never seen haze online outside of invites. Is it possible that he doesn't host public matches, rather invites people with careful selection?

Could this be to ensure he doesn't play with scrubs, or does it ensure a slight host advantage?

Can anyone recall seeing him in a public room online?

To be clear: I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Don't think I'm hating.

19. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77

I have only played him maybe 3 or 4 sessions ever, and two nights ago was the first time he ever invited me. I can't remember the other times if I found him hosting or if he joined me.

20. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

From my experience with him he seems to be searching for matches more than hosting, so when I played him like 4-5 nights ago he was hosting when I joined. I think he definitely prefers not to play scrubs which is why you never see him host much.

JHow: Yeah I feel the same way. In all the people I have been playing online in 4 years with lag his is by far the worst. While I'm sure it's not, it definitely always feels like it's in his favor. Almost like he has a separate lag button that he presses when it's your turn to attack or if you had the turn way to long with a good flow chart. He is just busting out flow chart after flow chart and I'm struggle just to get damage on a floater. As frustrating as it can be sometimes, it's still fun and I don't complain.