1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What Have You Learned? / How Have You Progressed?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by JHow77, Apr 19, 2010.

1. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Re: What Have You Learned? / How Have You Progress

for starters, Haze is aka Jon's Up. Does anybody recognize the obvious? Or do I pay too much attention? I knew who 'Knee Push' was in one round. The lag told me.LOL! I once played a guy in ranked named Eatmykawk. HE REVERSE SPODDED me and broke all my throws. I saved the replay, watched his inputs, he was tripple TE'ing. I could only be one guy. Point is, if I played you' I remember everything you do.

2. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77

Unfortunately my session was not fun. It was some of the worst lag of all time. How I can get 0 bars with Japan while still very playable and 3 bars with Haze and completely unplayable is beyond me. It is very bizarre that none of his flowcharts, and I mean none of them, were ever phased by the lag. I kept playing hoping that the connection would improve but I just had to give up after about 15 minutes.

Haze if you're stalking these posts let's try again! [​IMG]

3. KingofcarnageVF

I beleive Japan has the Worlds best Fiber Optics. Most people here have cable or Dsl. Trust me, if youre on cable fighting Japanese players, it isnt gravy for them. Haze might be on Dsl a long ways from the network.

4. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

Cool. I must have just missed him before.

5. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

[​IMG]

LOL [​IMG]

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

lol your secret's out rod, epic nick "Eatmykawk"

7. KingofcarnageVF

Im curious, does anyone know who used the tag ' eetmypuss'. PAI SARAH and SHUN player. I suspected Mista T but was never shure. Only played him in ranked matches.

8. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

some fag! he also used alot of other GTs I can't remember.

9. KingofcarnageVF

Mont-67

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

I thought that secret was out 3 years ago? [​IMG]

11. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

As a mid-Dan player on PSN (the scrub-de-dub-dub online experience), I can say friend some better players and pester them for room/player matches. No matter how many beatings you get, let them be the one who disconnect from you out of boredom (of kicking your ass). If you ragequit because of getting your ass kicked, then please delete VF5FS from your PS3 HD.

Currently, ranked matches on PSN is full of scrubs. If *I* can beat them using the same damn methods, trust me they're scrubs. You want to get better FAST? Friend better players (on VFDC).

Just playing 1 short session with someone I friended here, ALREADY made me improve noticeably. For example, getting consistently rebounded in half-lifebar combos will force you to really get into the habit of teching more than any amount of dojo practice you put in. That good habit never stuck in when I played online ranked, because you don't repeatedly get the same weakness exploited by the same player. Now finally it's in.

And beyond that, he also started getting me exposed to the flow of what to do/expect *after* I tech-roll, because he charges in to okizeme me like a good player would. You realize that there's multiple layers to learn after the first hurdle, whereas in current online ranked you don't even bother with the first hurdle.

12. Chinsilver

Chinsilver Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChinTitan
    Tech rolling consistently has been ingrained in me since VF4, but i do need to improve on my general mix-up play and fuzzy guard cos when i'll be able to do it regularly i'll probably keep my health bar to an *erm* healthier level and defend against mids and throws better.
    The video by by Dandy J has really helped me be aware of what my opponent is doing.If you havent seen i highly recommend it.