1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

what i dont get..........

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by gaishou, Feb 9, 2002.

1. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

is how a person who has no idea how to play vf can go against someone who has a 'general' idea of how to use jeffery, and beat them down. my friend has played vf twice, once as shun, the other as aoi. he beat down someone who has been giving others a hard time that actually know how to play the game.......i do not understand.........ps, i dont know why the drama is allowed in other threads but not the fl vfers thread.......straaaange. oh well screw it.

2. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

The same thing has happened to me, and probably alot of others as well

I have a very scrubby friend who used to give me a hard time at first, it's hard to defend against chaos but as soon as he started to show a pattern it was easy to beat him

3. gaishou

what sucks even more is that i get beat by scrubby play everytime i go to the arcade. which means i suck....lol. i try too many different things, not necessarilly to win, which gets my ass kicked.

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

ask your friend if he was trying to throw the masher the whole round, maybe? (that is, trying to do this without aiming to throw counter the masher). It's a common thing I see with people who have a decent idea of the game, to lose to a scrub, simply because they either didn't use their defense or their safety play. Sometimes they try to predict something that lacks a pattern or mental guideline and lots of mistakes are made in trying to predict what doesn't have much bases for prediction. In those situations, I advise your friend to play it safe.

-Chanchai

5. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Practice...Practice....Practice! That's what your training mode is for in the ps2 version. I know it has taught me alot of things that I had passed up before. You shouldn't be getting beat by a scrub if you know your points of breaking their flow. Only real problem that I can see is rushdown characters, but you can still punish them.
    Late

6. gaishou

i dont have the ps2 version yet.......boohoo i wish i did. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif practice seems to be a main problem right now.