1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What if....

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Mar 6, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

It's probably a bit early for this but it's fun to speculate. What if VF4, either arcade or home versions were playable online? Haven't had a fighting game online since X-band.

Arcade online features are probably less likely, though I just played Alien Front Online at the arcade the other day, which was supposedly networked with other machines in other arcades.

But having online play in the eventual home version is a definite possibility. Since we have Seganet and now New Millenium coming to the major consoles, the only question is whether AM2 can pull it off, given the exact nature of VFs gameplay, or whether they have the time or will. It would definitely cut down on some travel expenses for some. =)

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

It could only happen with broadband. I would still rather get whupped face to face but it would be nice.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

As much as an online VF would facilitate things like me having a match with Myke in Montreal without travelling there, the in-person form of the game is so much more fun.

I've been playing Starcraft forever online (gotta love blizzard, huh!?) and myself and a few others love playing 4-5 person free-for-alls. It started out that we would meet up on Battle.net and bash for hours. We then discovered a cheap (and nice) network gaming location and we've never gone back to online gaming since. The ability to compliment or trash talk your friends during a match is what makes the game so much more enjoyable - the socialness.

VF has this. VF is social and fun in groups - especially at the arcade (or now in the form of DC gatherings).

Online gaming would only whet my appetite for VF - the in person experience would satiate my hunger.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

4. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

VF as we know it could never be playable with any lag at all.

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

So true Llanfair!
    Once I discovered network gamming shops...my friends and I never played online at home again.

We would go to the shop...play for hrs....meet new ppl, discuss strategies..have dinner together n stuff.....

good social fun.

Of course, my main problem is it costed 6.50 per hr for me.
    And that is the cheapest I can find here.

So in the end, I had to stop playing, but kept going back to just to maintain the social aspect.

And no...U HAVE to play Myke in person.
    Something abt listening to him scream when the flipkick hits him....../versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    And no...U HAVE to play Myke in person.
    Something abt listening to him scream when the flipkick hits him......

..or when I reverse it :)

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Well, OF COURSE playing on line will never replace playing with someone in the flesh right near you, but for people who may not have anybody to play, it would be a godsend..even though I get tired of whuppin up on Cause <G>, it would be nice to just log on and find a sparring partner.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu