1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

what is a Great Empire Dural doing in Kumite mode?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by NeoTokyo, Mar 22, 2002.

1. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

don't know anyone of you guys got this too, but while I was playing Kumite mode I suddenly had to face a great empire Dural. he had all crests too. also his fight record is all zero.
    I actually defeat him, but I didn't get an item from him. also this Dural is double or triple more fast then he is in the Arcade mode. he has 1 combo where he uses 3 dragon punches at the end. so even if you block them, be carefull you won't fall of the stage!

but does anybody if there is a secret behind this, or why did I face this great Empire Dural? I play the Japanese version so that is why I ask.

thanks in advance

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

You should be able to select Dural now in "VS mode"

You also gain his spheres as well if you haven't got them already.

3. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

thanks for answering my question, but I can't chose Dural in VS player mode. maybe when I had defeated Dural, I should have saved also the system file??? ofcourse I saved my file like always when I quit Kumite mode and go back to the main menu but not the system file, only my charchater file.

anyone can help?

thanks in advance

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Well I can still choose Dural... bearing in mind I saved the System Files 3 times just to make sure before I turned the machine off.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I saved my system file too, but only because I wasn't sure if system file = kumite mode stuff or just options. For some reason I think it's only options.

But if you don't have dural, maybe it isn't.

anyway, no worries, you can get dural again, she keeps challenging until you beat her. I lost to her twice and both times she challenged five matches later.

6. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

When you beat Dural, It is best to exit kumite and Save the System File immediately.

I've beat Dural before but I didn't save the System file before I turned my machine off. That's why I didn't get to use Dural in Vs mode.
    And the sad thing was that my Char got corrupted and I had to start all over again =( and finally I managed to beat Dural.

7. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

I think I am screwed, do you see Dural highlighted in Vs mode? or do I have to press a certain button. also so far I have not fought against her anymore. I got her at battle 400
    but now I am at battle 440 but still no Durall.
    oh well at least I knew I beat her.

8. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

Once you beat Dural and save the System File under Option.
    Dural will become selectable character on Versus Mode, She just appears on character menu (no special command required).

If you didn't save the system file, It will take some time for her to come and chalange you again, like after 50 - 100 fights ?

However, if you lost to her in the first place, Dural will chalange you every 3 fights.

I hate to say, you are pretty screwed. Well shit happened to me as well. Just keep playing until you see Dural again and remember to Save the system file =). Good luck.

9. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

thanks for all the posts guys, it helped me a lot!
    but I think this is a pretty big bug in Virtua Fighter PS2 version. I mean how am I supposed to know that I should save the system file after I had beat Dural. oh well I just promoted to Wind God with Lau so I am happy again :)
    Dural better be ready when I face him again, because I will kick his booty :)

10. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Dural is female... argh.
    It's kinda hard not to notice in VF4...