1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What is it with Jacky an even Sarah Players???

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by RandomHajile, Feb 10, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

maybe it was just me, but I was usually too far away to P+K+G and then punish jacky after a successful kickflip. Either way we agree: Jacky's kickflip isn't much.
    Sarah's is leet. I dunno about flamingo P --> throw though. I thought P from flamingo was a normal punch.

2. ShinJin

ShinJin Well-Known Member

Man, i dont know why your complaining about jacky,some chars are far worse, jeffry, lau and kage can take half your bar with only one wrong guess, and akira is just a joke, i've seen peeps come back from a perfect with just two qcb+p's

A good akira is far more annoying then a good jacky

3. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

yah, if you are in flamingo stance and hit P you go back to regular. But i think he talking about faking the opponent

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Well..I was only ever punished once after doing a kickflip...too near the wall..thus CPU got up alot earlier..walked over n did GS on me muahahah~

Otherwise..kickflip still remains a good and safe move...as long as u know where n when to use it.

The damage for kickflip is pretty fucking pathetic compared to previous serious...

I don't know why there are so much complaints in the world abt Jacky being masher friendly...
    The way I see it..this kind of "complainers" have
    a)poor defence
    b)do not know when it is their turn to attack/when it is their turn to defend
    c)mistook someone who knows how to play the game as a masher(ugly lotsa rushing p style)...where in reality, the so called Jacky masher is a much better yomi player.

No doubt, Jacky's moves are real easy to pull off...even his hardest move->iaigeri kick is rather simple...his delayed lighting kick, delayed heelkick, delayed backfist n stuff are all easy to do...

But him a easy character to use and win at high lvl gameplay...I seriously disagree with this view.

And plz..whoever said Sarah is easy to use to win..it's such an insulting statement to good and creative sarah users(plenty on this board)

Same applies to creative Jacky users. (only three I know of on this board... I heard and read from old posts that one of them is real evil..in a very smart n creative way too!)

At the end of the day...it is the player that dictate how the character can be played. So it's quite pointless to blame the character design.

5. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

YES! I totally agree with you summers. I find that the flip kick in my case slows the "Rush Down" process. When I play jacky I try to stay in the face of the opponent and not let them get an inch. Sometimes not necessarily going for the biggest combo allows for good recovery after a juggle for a great guessing okizeme game. I'm quite sorry but still new to some of the VF lingo. "What Is Yomi?" =) sounds kind of cool though. I probably know what it is just not familiar with the term thats all. Jacky is completely badass. N E one that says different doesn't play him. LOL. Oh yeah his d/f+p,p,p is more deadly than his strings. mC or MC all of it connects with lightning speed. A great setup move if you know your frames. Pounce is garaunteed afterward too. Face down Head towards. Finished many a masher by this LOL. muahahaha. Later guys.

6. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Hehe, I don't play with Jacky (more a Lion/Aoi player, intend to pick up Sarah again, her Flamingo is too cool /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif ), but he sure is a stylish character. And with the character customization you can make him even more stylish /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Jacky is not an entirley respectable character. I am glad that he is in the game because his advantages can sort of equalize skill levels between better and worse players. My friend, who is one of the only guys who will play me where I live, picks Jacky and as long as I pick Akira he will get some wins now and then. I don't even practice with Jackass, but when I do pick him, I emphatically spank my buddy with the quickness. If you pick Jacky, and you are not at a skill disadvantage, then I think that you are sort of robbing yourself of playing a deeper and more fun game just so you can win.

Mariah Carrey should be fucked and burned.

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

laff, you're dumb. If you're not at a skill disadvantage. It's an even game.
    And jacky is not the best player in it. If your buddy beats your akira with Jacky, that must mean your akira sucks, because frankly akira's on a tier all his own compared to jacky.

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

While I won't go as far as Pimpdad Lau...and while I agree with you that Akira is easier to be effective with than before, Jacky and Lau are still much easier to win with for most people.

10. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Well, Over my buddy I have a huge skill advantage and can pretty much always spank his Jacky with Lau, Jeffrey, Wolf, Kage, Aoi, or Pai. With Akira it is a lot closer. And I play with Akira the most- just for Parity's sake. My Akira does not totally suck either. For what it's worth, I can Stun Palm from both sides and Dragon Lance from one. I can usually beat the three guys that I play with with Akira, but my roommate's Jacky will sometimes beat me.

Also when I lived in Taiwan and I played very good players, I often had the best chance of beating them with Jacky even though he is a character that I rarely picked.

And I played with this girl whose Jacky could beat me a lot, but with any other player, I beat her easily most of the time.

So that is why I think what I think about Jacky.

I am talking about VF3 here. I don't get to play VF4, until the PS2 version comes out.

11. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

this is exactly what im talkin about, you need less skil with jack to beat some one
    jack in vf4 is basicly a tekken charicter

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

[rolls eyes]
    Oh, we're talking VF3.

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

You don't need less skill with jacky to beat other characters.
    You need more skill with other characters.

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

bitch bitch bitch
    So u're saying characters like guile and ryu are 'less skill to win characters' in SF2?
    After all..they are extremely easy to use...easy combos etc etc etc

Maybe u should try out Ver C Jacky before firing off senseless comments.

Of course..feel free to disagree with me
    Pls carry on blaming character design.

15. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

i want to see ver. c jerky. has he been truly tweaked or just minor stuff?

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

truly weaken...
    feels faster..but does really pitiful damage...plus god his silly animation when he scores a Mc...why should I be punished when I managed to Mc an opponent?

weird stuff.

But overall..I quite like Jacky in Ver C...quite fun to use.

17. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

I don't know whats with you people, Jacky is not THAT strong. Other than his beat Knuckle(which is only 1f faster than a knee haha and any followup will whiff if you crouch), nearly all of Jacky's mid/low moves are counterable. Furthermore, Jacky's throw game is pathetic. Apart from f,b+p+g, his other throws do no more than 50pts damage(d/f,d/f+p+g is TRable).

And you will be whinning to death if you thought Jacky was over-powered in Ver.B, because other than his beatknuckle(doesn't home any more) and his p+g throw, most of his other attacks have been powered up in Ver.C eg.elbow knuckle, punt kick, SS, etc...

Its understandable if you were whinning about Akira or Lau(both of them have been powered down A LOT in Ver.C anyway), Jacky just wasn't overly powerful in Ver.B, and Sarah...duh...don't get me started on this one.

I don't think VF4 is supremely balanced or something, but its good enough for me.

18. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

I don't find jacky to be that strong, learn his strings and when to block, attack etc and he'll be a lot more manageable to you.

19. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

so the dude who won in japans contest played a cheep jacky right? what does that tell u? an yea i think jacky is like guile!

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

"""so the dude who won in japans contest played a cheep jacky right"""

That's the first time I've hear of Napolean's style being called 'cheap'.

"""what does that tell u?"""
    That tells me either
    a)ur eyes are failing u
    b)ur're inexperienced
    c) A & B

Go watch the clip...and see just how smart a player Napolean is...that is, if u can fully understand just what happened in the clip.