1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What is the command for Aoi's "throw-breaking" move?

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by justaNewbie, May 2, 2002.

1. justaNewbie

justaNewbie Member

When a CPU-controlled Aoi does this move, she swiftly approaches the other character (not as fast as a normal dash, though) while moving her outstretched hands around a little. If the opponent tries to throw her during this move, she breaks through the attempt and ends up standing close by in position (and probably some extra frames) to counterthrow.

I'm just curious, since I don't seem to see anything like it in her Commands section. Is this simply a G-cancelled [df+P] that's been given special animation if the opponent attempts a throw during its execution, or an entirely different move altogether?

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Well, Aoi has no such move in VF4. So either you're seeing something else or, uh, you're seeing something else. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

She may very well be cancelling another move - check her movelist to see which ones can be cancelled. I think the movelists here at VFDC have that info, if not check virtuaproject.com.

cheers,

3. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Hmmm... some possible G-cancels: df+P; PPf+P; f,f+P+K. Regardless, it shouldn't do anything special for a throw as opposed to some other move.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thread moved from Junky's Jungle.

5. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

i think the cpu did d/f+p and cancel with G. You tried to throw cpu when it was cancelling d/f+p causing ur throw to whiff. And enabling the cpu to throw you.