1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What is the default moniter size of the arcade version?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by StarEileen, Oct 21, 2013.

1. StarEileen

StarEileen Member

Does anyone know the size of the moniter that comes with the VF5FS ringedge board as a full set which Sega released to the Japanese arcades?
    (also the ratio as well(16:9, 16:10... etc), if it's known.:D)

2. StarEileen

StarEileen Member

Oh well, I'm too hasty to wait for the answer so I searched myself.
    This is so far what I found:
    VF5FS is actually not on the Sega's new Ringedge system board, but on the old Lindebergh system board. Lindeberge is the same board that hosts VF5, and VF5R.
    I don't still have exact infos about the monitor specification for the VF5FS arcade set. But if it were to be same as VF5, then it probably is the 32inch WXGA(1280x768) monitor. WXGA(1280x768) is a little wider than 16:10 but a little narrower than 16:9, so maybe a custom LCDo_O, I guess.

3. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    In this amazing clip showing the thought process behind Final Showdown's development, you can get a few glimpses of the how the cabinets are scaled:

Hope that might be of some help :)