1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

what is your favorite move?

Discussion in 'General' started by ZenMasterZ, Nov 17, 2003.

1. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

hey,
    i have a few moves that i regularly use for wolf n i was wondering what you all use.
    my favs are:
    [4][4][P][G] >>[6][G][P]
    [4][P][G]
    [9][9][K]
    [6][6][P]

these are my favorite moves because i use em often and you can pretty much win every match by just using these few moves.

2. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

3. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

I'll have to go with SPoD.

4. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

My favourite move is Lau's opponent behind [P]+[K].

5. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Shun´s [G]+[P].
    Why? Because it takes 50dmg, gives Shun 4dp and changes sides even when escaped and looks darn cool! Oh, after 10dp my favourite move is 270 clockwise [G]+[P]. Yeah they can be escaped but then comes a guessing game of [G]+[P] or [1][K], [K] for opponent. Which are my second most favorite moves [6_] /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif[4_]

6. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

Aoi´s [2][3][6][P]+[K], my my how nice and useful it is...
    [3][3][P]+[G] throw+down throw, situation is very nice for dodging rising attack.
    [4][4][P], I use this dodge rising attacks, and then go with low or high throw, depending type of rising attack.
    Nice they are!! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. ChibiSushi

ChibiSushi Active Member

Goh's
    [4][3][P]+[K] Then [6][6][K]+[G] to [4][P]+[G]

8. OneTooMany

OneTooMany Well-Known Member

Lei Fei unlisted trow

9. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Neonomide said:

Oh, after 10dp my favourite move is 270 clockwise [G]+[P]. Yeah they can be escaped but then comes a guessing game of [G]+[P] or [1][K], [K] for opponent. Which are my second most favorite moves [6_] /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif[4_]

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Huh, thats no guessing game you can duck both of them.
    My favourite move by far is Sarahs from Falmingo [K] Im sure we all know why /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Goh's [K]

P.S. To the guy who made the first post, with the exception of the dropkick (which is [9][K] by the way not [9][9][K]) all the moves you posted are high. Meaning [2_] ruins every single one of them. How exactly do these win you every match?

P.P.S. Just checked the command list and it says the dropkick is high too which is weird since it's been a pretty useful oki tool for me but oh well.

High moves are poo.

11. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

yeap, goh's standing [K] is abusable. and don't forget goh's [4][6][K].

kage's [P][P][4][P] which is one of his main punishment for long recovery moves. plus it can lead to a lot of possiblities, seeing that it can go into jumonji stance.

12. JetLancer

JetLancer Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    OneTooMany said:
    Lei Fei unlisted trow

[/ QUOTE ]
    What the hell is this?

13. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

my, my.
    i am glad that so many of you have made posted your favorite attacks.
    i posted this topic for those who are beginners to the game and others who are experimenting with other characters. They will find these opinions very helpful. for those of us who start using new characters are often obligated to experiment with new moves in training mode. the moves listed by various people in this forum are actually very useful. this will let those "new" users know which moves are helpful in real fights and which ones should be used sparingly.

i switch characters now and then, so it is hard to memorize the entire command list of every character. so i try to remember only those attacks which are most essential.

i hope there will be abundant responses to this post in the future.

14. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

thanx for the insight on using the single [9] for the dropkick.

i can see your argument. the reason i chose those particular moves is because i use them often. i use the dropkick on those who are recovering from techrolls and similar situations. i think most people tend to use the [4][6][P] and neglect the dropkick. both should be used in this situation interchangeably.

but as i have already said, this post is based on opinions. you may hate using high moves and resort to more shifty low attacks and sidestepping, etc. if thats what you prefer.

15. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    It's hard to see how you can win if your primary moves are all high. This is going to lead to the opponent ducking and punishing you alot of the time. Also, most of those moves have a huge execution time which means they're going to be able to see things coming a mile away. I think the best way to play Wolf (and I've just started to play him as my main) is to use nitaku guessing games all the time. Since he has some sick combos from mid level starter moves ([4][6][P]+[K] and [6][K](MC) they're not going to want to crouch and/or attack all the time which leaves them open to Wolf's hugely overpowered ( /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif!) throw game. Using the high moves that you are using means your opponent doesn't have to worry about the throws since he is already crouching to avoid your attacks.

16. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

wolfy man: [6][3][2][1][4][P]([P]) good mid

17. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Yeah that's the move I usually throw out (he doesn't have many fast mids) I was talking about his huge damage combo starters when I mentioned the others. Why anyone would want to play Jeff is a mystery to me.

18. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

err, ur really making me pay for the statement i made earlier about using JUST those moves to win arent you?
    well, it was just an exaggeration. those are only the moves i use OFTEN, and i particularly like using. i know wolf has several moves and throws that can punish crouching foes. i particularly like using the [3][P][G][K] often since it does heavy damage and still lets you have some decent recovery time. it is also incredibly easy to execute in heated battles.
    the [4][6][P][K] move is a great floater/combo starter, but i sometimes have a tough time getting it out after a counter attack. [4_][P] and [6][K] are also great moves, but i find the [4][6][P][K] to be infinitely superior in almost every circumstance.
    "Using the high moves that you are using means your opponent doesn't have to worry about the throws since he is already crouching to avoid your attacks. "
    doesnt wolf have several throws he can use to defeat crouchers? [3][3][P][K][G], [3][P][K][G], [1][P][K][G]. i never said i exclusively use the moves stated in my first post. those are my FAVORITE attacks, hence the title of this forum.

19. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

If its just favourite to watch its:

Goh: [6][6][P](MC)[4][P]+[G]
    Akira: [2_][6][P][P] or DLC or SPoD or [4][P]+[K]+[G] vs Sarah in flam stance
    Aoi: [4][6][P]-[P]+[G](hit throw)
    Lei: [P]+[G]
    Wolf: SHINING WIZARD!!! ([2][P]+[K]-[6][P]+[G] reversal hit throw thingy).

20. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    [ QUOTE ]
    doesnt wolf have several throws he can use to defeat crouchers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but throws lose against crouching attacks like [2][P] (which lets face it, isn't a rare move) whereas in the right situations the mid moves will own [2][P].

But anyway it looks like I misunderstood your initial post, it just sounded funny that you were using 99% high moves with the best throw character on the game /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif