1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What made you pick your favorite fighters?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Foondogg, Jul 8, 2002.

1. KyoukanFactor

KyoukanFactor Well-Known Member

Well...I picked Kage because I have been facinated by the Samurai and Ninja period of Japan....I studied it all almost perfectly then it was over... and i was kinda sad...when i saw Kage in a ninja outfit and a samurai armor for 2p a tear came to my eye and i just had to pick Kage and now he is my favorite

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Man I just hope VF comes out with a Boy version of Vanessa!

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, this strikes me as being really silly. Why should it matter if they're male or female?

I think being a female and using such an aggressive style makes Vanessa that much cooler.

3. eagle

eagle Member

Well i don't have a particular favorite, i could play with everybody. I recently reached HIGH KING with vanessa. My next character i will use is akira who is currently ranked SECOND DAN. All of my characters are ranked First Dan or above. Yes ( just in case your wondering)i have a profile for all characters.

4. Kousotsu

Kousotsu Well-Known Member

/versus/images/icons/grin.gif Oops my bad. when I said I hope that they make a boy version I didn't mean make Vanessa over as a boy. I ment that I hope they make a guy on the game with a Mui Tai fighting style of his own. But I do believe that Vanessa being female brings out an even stronger and cooler outlook to her fighting style and personality. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

Peace is nothing but a time to prepare for War, and Life is but a long process of Death. That is why you must learn what Death is. Quoted From The Book Of Revolation

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Did you dig "The Shredder" from teenage mutant ninja turtles also?

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

the select screen timer made me choose...., i tried to resist but the timer just ran out!!

*throws a tantrum*

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

hahahahaha~

8. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

I've alwayz loved the wrestlers in games (played geif in SF2 since day 1); so it was natural for me to choose Wolf. Not to mention I thought he looked cool way back VF1. In VF2, when it came time to try someone new <font color="blue"> </font color> ; well, I choose Jeffry (another grappler). Throwing opponents around like a rag doll is much more fun than canned combos, etc. for me. When VF3tb came along, I think I started using Jeffry more than Wolf. Now I strictly play both in VF4. Having to be patient and wait for the right moment to attack is just seems more rewarding when you win. When I feel I'm ready to take on another character, Aoi is my next project.

9. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

My original character was Shun, chosen merely because I was
    told as a newbie that I could NOT play him effectively, determined to do so, and
    discovered those difficulty ratings weren't kidding.

Lau is my main guy, because he's all about hand techniques and power punching,
    which is my preferred style. His storyline in VF is also interesting as hell, and his arrogant cool
    is just so damn stylish. Everything about Lau is strong and proud, and both his 1st and 2nd
    outfits, his home arena, and his very face in VF4 are the most intricate and detailed of
    any of the characters.

I'm starting to pick up on Lei because I'm the biggest Gordon Liu geek in the
    world: Liu was the Shaw Bros actor who's best known for playing Shaolin Monks in a
    large percentage of his films, MASTER KILLER, SHAOLIN DRUNKEN MONK, SHAOLIN CHALLENGES NINJA,
    WARRIOR FROM SHAOLIN, FIST AND GUTS...all some of the greatest kung-fu films ever made.
    Lei Fei is the direct antithesis of Lau, while still doing as much or more sick damage as Lau
    can produce.

10. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Well-Known Member

Akira - He was supposed to be unbelievably hard to use effectively... his moves were supposed to be impossible... he was supposed to be the character NOT for beginners. I found it all to be untrue. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif Plus his palms, bodychecks, stomps and grunts can't be beat!

Lion - VF has always had the more interesting styles (compared to Namco's made-up, uh, martial arts), and I found his to be the most visually appealing. Plus he has the same attitude and even hair as Tekken's Hwoarang, and his tricky back-turned moves are exactly what made me choose Hwoarang in Tekken (almost exclusively). And of course Chibita clinched it.

11. Wen

Wen Member

I play Jeff. I think it's because he has so many throws that brutally attack the opponent's face.

Just think:

High throws - triple face punch, headbutt variations, butt wipe.

Wall throws - facewipe wall throw (VF3 especially). The triple shoulder ram one uses Jeff's head instead of his opponent's, but is still nice.

Side throw - Both coconut crush and low side throw.

Low throw - machine-gun knee and iron claw.

It's just too hilarious. Shoving a broken body off your knee and outta the ring after a backbreaker has to be one of the most contemptous looking ways to win too. You just can't go wrong with a guy with four wall throws. Heck, in VF3 Sarah and Shun ONLY had four throws, total.

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Heck, in VF3 Sarah and Shun ONLY had four throws, total.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarah had nine throws (total) in VF3.

Front throws:

[P]+[G]
    [6][6][P]+[G]
    [4][P]+[G]
    [4][P]+[G] (Wall)
    [4][6][P]+[G]
    [9][P]+[G] (Catch)

Side throws:

[P]+[G]

Back throws: