1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

what other fighting styles would be interesting in VF?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BK__, Apr 2, 2002.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hmm.. i know ppl here can't understand his sheer coincidence other than me, but back in 1998/9, i was talking to my friend about wether they'd make a VF4 or not, and i was expecting a shaolin monk & thai fighter to be most predictable, if not, then a kick boxer or someone with the snake stance..

after i first saw lei fei in action, i was shocked!, Vanessa came afterwards, but was abit more vague to my prediction. I wonder what other kind of famous stances AM2 could actually convert to the VF system, here's the top three stances i'd like to see..

-Monkey stance
    -Eagle claw
    -Wing chun

btw, you might have to be into old kung-fu films to know what i'm talking about ^_^

2. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

they could do traditional karate. but i dunno, before VF, i had no idea such fighting styles such as akira's 8 extreme fists existed.

maybe tai kwan do all by itself, but sarah's jeet kune do has HUGE emphasis from tai kwan do.

wait, brazilian street boxing? or regular kickboxing would be nice.

3. Goom

Goom Active Member

Hrmm, I'm fairly happy with the list. I rather of seen kickboxing appear through a traditional kickboxer than Vannesa though.

Between VF4 and VF5, Sarah should just make the change completely to TKD. For new styles, traditional Karate would be good choice. Judo also. An undisciplined street fighter would be good too, but more emphasis on strikes, as Jeffry already emulates a street fighter (panac is very straight forward). Lastly, I'd love to see sumo come back.

4. Tekshow

Tekshow Member

i've taken martial arts, noteabley JKD and Kung Fu for 10 years, i took a little break while attending college, but now i'm up for some Tai Chi Quan simply because it's the best school out in my area. You can think of it as basically Lei's style, the Chen form is what they preach, which is basically the original form of Kung Fu...

from that, it's highly indestinguishable what Akira does, 8 fist or not he's straight out of traditional Japanese karate. I've been in many open tournaments or invited classes from Japan Karate Federation to our school and it's very typical for them to do Akira like strikes and pose while chambering for a minute or two.

more than anything i want to see a male jujutsu fighter with less aikido than Aoi. The problem with both those though is that those styles revolve around an opponent attacking and then a reaction. Seems to be pretty hard to inject that into a fighting game.

Tekshow

5. MrNeoSandman

MrNeoSandman Member

Are you nuts?! CAPOEIRA! I'm stufing it right now and it kicks ass. But at leastI have Shun Di and his ChineseCapoeira... er... Zui Quan... ER... Drunken Boxing to keep me company until AM2 heeds the call...

6. Goom

Goom Active Member

Wesley Snipes is trained in capoeira.

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Naked Jello wrestling!

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hmm...Sarah is just like the guy (not quite as good) from The Legend of Drunken master - the taekwondo guy at the end that Jacky fights...Make her just like him (along with the punches, please!!!)
    I would love to see regular boxing
    -Capoeira
    Hung-Gar
    Buddah Palm
    Capoeira
    Krav-maga
    Shotokan-ryu
    Goju-ryu

9. Marginal

Marginal Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a Sambo fighter in the next VF. Nice and brutal.

I'd rather not see Caporeia in the game though. It's been done to death already elsewhere. Shotokan vs Akira's style would be rather interesting though.

10. Shadowdean

What? That gymnastics crap in TEkken? First of all, they had him do more gymnastics stuff to vid-cap. From a year and a half experince in the art (which is little, considering you need 40+ years to be considered a mestre), I can tell you Capoeira Angola nor regional is about what Eddy does...

11. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

hmmm... more shootfighting (more ufc type), ju jitsu and unorthodox street fighting/brawling.

12. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

"Naked Jello wrestling"

heck yea! wait a minute, save that for your fantasies /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

13. EDK

EDK Active Member

Kazama style karate. EWGF! hehehe...

Nah... seriously they should include Taiji Ken. U know the kungfu from the theory of Yin Yang.

14. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

Yea I think Tai-chi would be a nice addition but I would imagine the style would involve alot of sabakis and reversals.

As in my understanding, Tai-chi has more defensive elements than offensive. You wait until opponent's attacking and use that advantage to reverse opponent's force to him/herself.

15. Shadowdean

Tai-Chi, from my experince (with Sun and Yang style) is about 80% defensive, though as you progress through the system, it eventually becomes very hard and offensive....as a rule of thumb for Oriental arts
    If you start soft, by the end its hard, if you start hard, by the end its soft (oh man, does that not sound right)..
    Example - many karate styles are very hard at first, but by the time you master and get to the high level forms/techniques, they are soft.

16. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

ooh ooh! i just though of some more!

- Bridge Boxing
    - Tiger Stance

i LOVE these two... kapoera's kinnda gay IMo, but bridge boxing rox!

17. MrNeoSandman

MrNeoSandman Member

Gay?! You come say that to me again when you eat a parafuso in the face (for you Tekken nuts, thats Eddy's Boomerang kick). It really hurts.

18. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

<font color=yellow>Krav Maga (martial art developed by Israeli Armed Forces and MOSSAD)
    Wu Ji (Tiger Style Tai Chi)
    Ying Jow Pai (Northern Eagle Claw style of Kung Fu and the Wu style of Tai Chi Chuan)
    Kali Silat (Arnis, Kali, Eskrima, and Pencak Silat hybrid art)

Side note: I'd like Suzuki-san to do a weapon game similar yet superior to Namco's Soul Edge series. Now THAT would rock!</font color=yellow>

19. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Side note: I'd like Suzuki-san to do a weapon game similar yet superior to Namco's Soul Edge series. Now THAT would rock!

I read somewhere that he did say he would like to make such a game; a weapon based fighting game. I would love a deep weapon-based fighting game for sure.

20. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

<font color=yellow>Suzuki-san is a genius.

::prays for divine inspiration to strike Suzuki-san right between the eyes::

::drools::

::waits patiently::</font color=yellow>
    /versus/images/icons/smile.gif