1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

what other fighting styles would be interesting in VF?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BK__, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Re: WRONG?!?!? I think not...

First of all this :parrapa the Rapper and Um Lammer Jammy opened up a a genre that had been previously unexplored: music and rhythm as a video game. It remains popular even through now and has spawned the likes of the Dance Dance Revolution series and Bust a Groove series.
    The Crash Bandicoot series developed by Naughty Dog but owned by SCEA is on par with the Zelda series and may in fact be more played as well as more bought. For that matter, Jak & Daxter is moving in the same footsteps.
    Battle Arena Toshinden is an integral part of video gaming, Sony and SCEA lore in that it was the flagship offering of the console and game that established Sony, SCEA and the PS brand in America and the gaijin market...

Parrapa is a variation on simple simon says, and even then it was done in freestyle form before on the original ToeJam and Earl on Genesis .
    It did not spawn of DDR etcetera becouse those were already in production, the beatmania games are a lot older then you seem to think, hell even AM2 made one waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay early in the saturns lifecycle with Namie Omuro .
    Crash Bandicoot is not and was never owned by Sony, Sony payed for exclusivity becouse they lacked a character driven platformer, Jak and Daxter however is owned by Sony as Sony now owns Naughty Dog, sales for Jak and Daxter however have been huge dissapointments in all regions .
    For Toshinden, just read what Zero said .
    Tmsoft developped, Takara published, also released in several versions on Saturn .
    Crash Bandicoot is released on XBox and GBA with a GC version to follow it is NOT a Sony property and never was .

Now for this:From the first paragraph of the link: FOSTER CITY, Calif., February 25, 1999 -- In less than three years since Crash Bandicoot, first debuted exclusively for the PlayStation, game console, Sony Computer Entertainment America's popular videogame hero has hit legendary status by selling more than 11.5 million total units to date.

This is a statement with regards to the ENTIRE crash series in ALL regions, so crash team racing, Crash bash, Crash 1, 2 and 3 .
    Thats 5 individual games in three regions .
    While every single Zelda game becomes a million seller on its own in every individual region .

Now for this :OK, whatever... You haven't really put up any opposition to what I wrote but you failed miserably to understand my post in relation to the question posed by bare_knuckle93. He didn't ask if people remember Battle Arena Toshinden; he wanted to know:

In reply to:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what did sony ever do for anyone apart from supply the console?

Again, Sony didnt do JACK SHIT as it WASNT A SONY GAME AND WAS RELEASED ON SATURN AS WELL .

And now for this:FYI, look at the bottom of this page: http://www.scea.com/games/categories/fighting/toshind/. Battle Arena Toshinden is a trademark property of SCEA: Sony owns it. Sony distributed it. And it's not a console... Therefore, Sony does more for people apart from supplying the console as you, Zero-chan, and bare_knuckle93 have so eloquently been made witness to...

Oh gee Sony PUBLISHED Toshitden in the US, hey bright guy, Sony is distributing VF4 in Europe, does that make it a Sony game ?

I could REALLY dig into youre idiotic brainfarts and make a total fool out of you but at the moment I wont bother becouse a youre not worth it and b youre a total shithead .

Insult people only iff you can take insults, iff you cant I kindly suggest you apologise to bareknuckle and zero-chan .

Idiot .

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

I kinda like the fighting system used in the Monkey Island series. Maybe we could get some of that in VF5?

"You fight like my mother!"

3. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Whatever

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Insult people only iff you can take insults, iff you cant I kindly suggest you apologise to bareknuckle and zero-chan .

<hr></blockquote>
    <font color=yellow>Look this has gone long enough. We're not going to convince each other of wrong doing. If you're right, you're right. Now what? My bad for taking it the direction that I did. I have no intention of making enemies here...

::extends the hand of peace to bareknuckle93, Zero-chan, Almaci and anyone else offended by these posts::</font color=yellow>

4. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Re: Whatever

You better believe im right .
    No offense taken tough .

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

meh, i was never insulted because it was not a convincing matter, but a simple misunderstanding.

believe me, we all know how sony's console wiped the ass off other companies, but i grow distresses at how games are changing just to suit the taste of people who don't even care.

don't apologize, it's not worth it.. because i did not win either,
    and i also don't see anyone as an enemy here... (even though i probably have loads myself by now ^_^)

6. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

<font color=orange>but i grow distresses at how games are changing just to suit the taste of people who don't even care.</font color=orange>

<font color=yellow>I can get behind that. There's definitely too much catering to the non-caring non-consumer. Cheers...</font color=yellow>

7. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

This is no fun, I had hoped to continue bitching for a while .

8. Budoweb

Budoweb New Member

Budokai-do, a martial art created in Nepal. This martial art is very good for VF because it has everything needed in this game. A lot of moves, stances, spectacular kicks and punches and a lot of throwing and holding techniques.

9. Guts

Guts Member

Hmmm....

Goh and Vanessa are realy a good answer for those wanting BJJ, Shuai Chaio, or street fighting. So, I wouldn't look to include those styles.

Hsing I would be a great style, but Akira's Ba Chi is close to it.

If I had to pick one style, it would be Ba Gua. There's nothing really close to it in the game, and it's a fascinating martial art style.