1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What Strategy Gets Under Your Skin?

Discussion in 'General' started by CiscoRey, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Wow, it's just a game man. I hope you have other areas in your life where you feel accomplished, because this kind of attitude implies otherwise...

Best,

-Jason

2. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

True, my peeve has always been bitchers and complainers. Really you have to man up whether it be games or your day to day life. You don't like the way I play? Do something about it. If someone whoops my ass no matter what style they are playing I try my best to adapt. If I can't?

Hat's off to them no reason to bitch and moan. Heres the best one
    "You're so lucky it's online!"

Me- "Actually I'm not lucky at all, I'm on XBOX LIVE dipshit."

3. TheWorstPlayer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Wow, it's just a game man. I hope you have other areas in your life where you feel accomplished, because this kind of attitude implies otherwise...

Best,

-Jason </div></div>

You don't have to hope for me. Save that for the poor, starving diseased or otherwise unfortunate. I just say it how it is. How does my attitude imply that I don't feel accomplished otherwise? Does and internet forum post really tell you that much about people? Holy mule nuts if a psychology was based off of internet posts we wouldn't have enough straight jackets to go around. Should I be more understanding to my bitchers and moaners?

I think not. I have my own problems to worry about.
    Yours? Bug off.

4. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Guess not...

Best,

-Jason

5. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

6. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Is sega gonna change the pulling situation now that the poll is at 80%+
    That is the most annoying thing in the online universe

7. TheWorstPlayer

8. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

Until SEGA makes a perfect game there is always going to be stuff that people exploit.

By making so many moves that are not throw counterable, they really increased the usefulness (cheapness) of DM. I would say it should be nerfed.

How many times have you played Wolf or Goh or Jacky or Shun or Kage and eaten several DMs, like at least one a round? So I guess the thing to do is play defense when at advantage? That is not a gameplay dynamic that SEGA should encourage.

You block a move. Nice job! You have advantage! Now quickly, hold block and wait for the DM. Oh, he did it; your blocking paid at advantage off. Should you now throw him and hope he doesn't escape? Or maybe you you should go for the guaranteed damage and hope that the lag doesn't make it come out to late.

Or maybe when at advantage, you should have just backdashed to avoid everything, but is there anything more bitch-like than that?

Please SEGA, don't make games that reward us for being little wussies.

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    DM does 20 damage.

That's all.

You need to eat it 10 times in order to die.

C'mon.

I'm -15 on a blocked DM.

Seriously.

10. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

11. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    If your opponent spams DM attacks at disadvantage start using half and full circular moves to beat them. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

12. TheWorstPlayer

Wait, that would be a solution! We can't have that hear. Continue to bitch and moan please.

13. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

14. TheWorstPlayer

15. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

16. DissMaster

IMO, it's less about the damage that DM does and more about what it can get you out of. When you go from being able to land a pretty damaging throw or attack to actually taking damage, that is a bigger swing than 20 points.

In olden times, when you were at disadvantage you had to either guess what our opponent would do or use techiques like ETEG or DTEG and it took some skill. Now these kids today can just hit d, p+k and not just avoid damage but deal it out. That makes me grumpy.

This is a thread for bitching and, lo, I have bitched.

I can't take it out of the game, but I can, uh, whine about it and stuff.

17. TheWorstPlayer

Ahh cue music "Those were the days!"
    The end made me chuckle. Especially that I bitched and
    moaned, about bitching and moaing in a thread dedicated
    to bitching and moaning.

And to the other guy, I don't consider myself an e-thug,
    I'm an e-pimp =)

18. DissMaster

Are you even any good at this game or are you just a troll?

19. TheWorstPlayer

Compared to some I stink, compared to others I'm good. I probably play the game to much like VF2 to be considered good. If you want to see for yourself (aka beat the tar out of me or bitch about my style of play) I do alright for someone that pops on every once in a while, I won't play the game enough to ever consider myself good. I've played some of the posters on here:

Attorney4Hire
    BSe90 (I think)
    Solsolvy
    Yupa VFDC (Only one time but I won :p)
    Black Bauer (Same thing! Definately get raped by these
    guys though in the long run.)

Ask them anything else is just a bravado. Last two
    won't know who the f*$@K I am though. Think I may have
    made an impression on the others.

MEKAHINEYHOE = Gamer Tag
    UNCAUZI = My old gamer nickname

20. Plague