1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What the hell?? Is it really THAT hard?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Vogue, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Vogue

Vogue New Member

I spent 1 hour in training mode yesterday and now my thumb hurts like a mother! In fact, all my fingers hurt witht he thumb hurting the most.

I tried to do the: d/f K+G, f P, b f f P+K with Akira. And guess what: I haven't succeed ONE time. For this to enter correct you have to be faster then spiderman! Or is there a trick how to do it? In slow-mo mode i can do it 100% in normal mode 0.0% nada, zilch.

Oh and by the way: What's up with Jacky?? Is there anything he CAN'T do?

I'm gonna keep on trying, I just like the game too much, but it's really hard.

cya all

2. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

You might consider buying an arcadestick if you don't have one already, that will probably make it a bit easier

3. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Try this:

d/f+K+G , f+P to be done fast. Pause alittle. b,f,f+P+K.
    Practice this and try to develop a smooth flow in entering the complete command.

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

the
    df+K+G , f+P , b, f, f+PK

before the "f+P" the joystick has to go back to neutral position.

accuracy is more important than speed.

Its a kick, elbow and body check.

which can't you get out?

5. Legend

Legend Active Member

AWW that DLC is a bitch!!! ..

In practice mode I can do it 60% of the time.. but couldn't pull one in my 250 kumite matches even after the d,b+P. I still need to practice more.

6. strangelove

strangelove Active Member

Tough move...took me weeks to be able to pull it 50% of the time

i first practice the d/f+k+g,f+p as fast as i can then i linked
    it with the bodycheck progressively ...the motion of the bodycheck should be started when the elbow is commin out . the input has to be precise and the stick back to neutral after the d/f+k+g.

~Strangelove
    fight till you die

7. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

It's not that it is hard, it just takes lots of practice. Just don't put any pauses in it. I used to have problems with it, but with practice, it's just as easy as the SPoD. I also recommend an arcade stick as well, that move is killer on your thumb.

8. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

Yes, it's a bitch. I just got this recently, and had two big problems.

First, I was doing d+K+G and getting the Axe starter instead of the Dragon starter sometimes.

Also, I didn't get the stick back to neutral before doing f+P. I spent some time doing just d/f+K+G, n, f+P for a while and then moved to the end of it.

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it's impossible without a joystick.
    You were probably using a pad, right?
    Everything else is doable on a pad, but I had 0% with DLC as well.

10. LAU Abuser

How isit possible to play wif joypad? The only fighting game i play with a joypad are Street fighter and KOF...

Playing VF4 wif joypad... YOU MUST BE KIDDING!!!

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

joypad is fine, just not for DLC. I can SPoD on a joypad, but not easily.
    Anyway the nice thing about pads is that you never mess up hitting a diagonal, and the f,f and b,b motions in VF are pretty natural.

It helps to hold the joypad like a flat camera, so that your fingers hang over GPK.

12. Legend

Legend Active Member

After an extensive DLC practice session ( thats around hour and a half ONLY on DLC ) I found that by inputing the d/f+k,f+P as fast as I can increased my chance of getting a DLC considerably.Since the time frame to input the b, f, f+P+K isn't as small as when you try to input all three moves consecutavily. I suppose that is the best and easiest way to do it.

13. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I spent 1 hour in training mode yesterday and now my thumb hurts like a mother! In fact, all my fingers hurt witht he thumb hurting the most.

<hr></blockquote>

The reason why I stuck with Sarah all these years. Pain is bad. It shows you are training too much, didn't execute proper technique or chose a character not befitting your lifestyle and purpose /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

On a serious note, allow your fingers to rest and recover for the next few days. Nobody has been injured or died over VF and I think you shouldn't be the first.....ever!

14. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

DLC is easier if done using Arcade Stick.

I don't think DLC is difficult if done using Arcade Stick, but I am not sure, if you guys are using Joypad.

Anyway, what you did is probably the easiest method, input the first kick and elbow really fast under 3 frames than pause for 1 frame with stick at neutral, than just do bodycheck at normal speed, like if you try to counter a move with bodycheck.

I think the speed is about the same as you input PPPK for say Lau in float.

What I find hard to do is Jeffry TkoD, I can pull it off consistently in training mode, but during match, that move is a bitch to pull off, even against CPU.

15. LAU Abuser

Creed, i believe you haf a Joystick rite?
    Abt playing the joypad like 'flat camera'> R u sayin that you actually hold the pad wif your left hand and control 'em wif your thumb whilst resting the right extreme side of the pad on your knee (assuming in seated position)?

16. LAU Abuser

Kage's dragon punch (f,d,d/f+P) is easier to do wif a joypad.
    I believe that in executing the comands: b,f is harder to do wif the joypad. Creed, you're an expert in joypad/versus/images/icons/wink.gif. Comments?

17. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

I think you must be people who like playing SF2 with joypad /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Seriously, all move is easier to do with Arcade Stick. Its way way faster to move stick from side to side, than moving your thumb on the pad.

Plus, stick don't kill your thumb, or your hand, if you hold them right /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

18. LAU Abuser

Nay, i have a hori VF4 stick.

19. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I disagree 150% on this for SF games. SF games are the MOST friendly pad games every invented. For all other fighting games, a stick is a must IMHO, but for SF pad is king.

20. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Re: Creed using joystick?!?!

Laff!! Man dont u know? joypad for life!