1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What to connect after 1P+G?

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Terry, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Terry

Terry Member

I am new to VF5. After trying Lei Fei and was confused by his moves, someone suggested me to try Brad. Brad is quite easy to learn for rookies like me and I am very happy with it. But I am not sure what to connect after a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif throw. The distance is pretty far after the throw and it seems only /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is fast enough to hit. Is there a combo that guarantee a hit? I cannot find it in the black book combo list. Also, did anyone really use Neck Clinch? It can only be performed after a counter hit, right? Really hard for me to see the timing anyway. Thanks for your input!

2. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

Hey Terry,

My own opinion is that that throw is most effective when you have your back to the wall, so that your opponent is automatically wall staggered and you can get a combo in.

The rest of the time, I would switch up between /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (and follow up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif if they don't tech roll) and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (then into stances to punish a possible tech roll)

3. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

Brad's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif guarantees nothing, even on wall hit at very close range people can struggle out before even /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif comes in. You can test this in the dojo.

It's useful to get out of corners and cause stagger for massive advantage and start applying wall pressure. I tend to follow up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(into massive wall stagger) or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(into back turned game with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif)

4. Terry

Terry Member

Thanks deathsushi. I got it. But what stances can be used to punish a possible tech roll? Can you explain, please?

5. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

Brad's Long Ducking and Slipping options are both good for punshing tech rolls. You can Slip Left (I think it's left, I always mix them up) and then kick to do the side kick and secure a clinch, or you can do Long Ducking and applying pressure with K,K or P+K if they rise guarding.

Lastly, if you notice that they are frequently rising and guarding, you can go from your stance into a throw and get them back on the ground.

6. Terry

Terry Member

Thanks, guys. That was helpful.

7. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    I was checking some old brad vs lei replays i saved against Shinn Akira he would use 1p+g (wall stagger) OM and use p+g and connect with a side throw.I stagger recovered while holding g fearing the om p then got thrown instead /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

8. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Damn, that's a neat technique!

Never thought of OM and Throw, I think I can use this information.

Thanx, numbers.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    It might guarantee something at maximum range though. For instance Wolf's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif guarantees /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and crumple at wallhit from maximum range. I cannot test currently what Brad can do.

10. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    hmm clinch is VERY USEFUL
    his 3K move has alot of range and comes out pretty fast and getting into clinch from there is really easy.

clinch= free damage, also very fun
    If the opponent doesn't know about brads clinch is a guaranteed shitton of damage too

just hit P+G EVERY TIME u use a move that can get into clinch while the hit is being acted, you won't grab after or anything its perfectly safe.

11. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I was doing some Brad vs. Brad with VFnumbers yesterday and one of the things that he did was [1][P][+][G] into the wall followed by OM [K]. It resulted in a side crumple. I'll do some testing on this as this was really cool to see happen.

12. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

[4][6][K]+[G] is one of the best choices on any wall stagger, it will give wall splat if opponent doesn't struggle out fast enough, plus it's safe on block.

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Brad's recovery on [1][P][+][G] is pretty slow (much improved in R though) so you'll want to make the wall hit from a long distance to give Brad enough time to recover and attack.

[4][6][K][+][G] is great for the reasons Jeneric mentioned. OM [K] is good for slow strugglers too, but ensure you OM in the correct direction. If the angle and distance is good enough then you can sometimes get a back crumple too.

14. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    How about [P] [+] [K] ? I am positive i've seen it knockdown staggered opponents, does it wall splat too?

15. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [P][+][K] has very short range. I doubt you could make it connect from a [1][P][+][G] at max range without dashing. Would dashing waste too much time? I'm not sure, something to test if one is so inclined. [​IMG]

16. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

That's nice if you can get it, but [3][P][+][K][P] [4][6][K][+][G] seems to be the most consistent option.

EDIT: What I meant was sometimes when going for the [4][6][K][+][G], sometimes the opponent is knocked down put there is no wall splat. The combo I posted above is more consistent.

I tested [P][+][K] after a wall stagger just now. It will bounce them into the wall and you can get [P][P][P][K] afterwards. I tested this on Eileen and with the right timing and distance you can get [4][P][K][6] Ducking [K] before she can recover. I set the CPU to guard and to both break staggers and recover from falls with the fastest timing. [P][+][K] hit very inconsistently, whereas I could get [4][6][K][+][G] to hit everytime. I don't think it's guaranteed though. My back was probably pretty close to the wall each time I threw her.

17. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Good stuff, Libertine! Man, I really wish I could play you. Once I jump back online you're one of the first new xbl players that I want to play.

Against players who are good at stagger recovery that scenario becomes more of a nitaku situation where I like to use things 33P+G (+heavy down attack or 46K+G); P+G (guaranteed PK at right distance); 2K+G or 114K and fish for a second stronger stagger.

After 114K (wall stagger) Brad can connect with BT 2P for a wall splat and continue with PPPK.