1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What versions of Virtua Fighter do u still play???

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by RandomHajile, Feb 9, 2002.

1. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

as in i know these days its all about arcade vf4 an soon to be ps2 version, but i still play vf3tb on my dreamcast an still play the arcade vf3 when i see it:) so do u still play any of the console versions??? i played vf1 on saturn the other day (pal game running at 60hz!) an it was a bit lame! i think its just the saturn version! an im thinkin of giving vf2 an fighters megga mix ago also:)

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, if you really wanna know.... I play generally all versions when I come across them/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Arcade VF1, 2, 3, 4. Console VF1, 2, 3tb, 4. PC VF1, 2 (yep, still play those too).

-Chanchai

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I have a VF4 arcadeboard so thats of course what play most, other than that VF4-PS2, VF3TB-DC and VF2-Saturn.

4. Fatghost

Fatghost Member

How much does a VF4 arcade board run? and what hardware do you need to run it? Super GUN or something?

5. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

6. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Well I got a US VF4 arcade machine complete with cabinet and all, then had my friend to it put apart and hooked it onto my tv, I also did that with my Killer Instinct, Tekken 4, Mortal Kombat II arcade board.

7. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I must say it's REALLY hard to go backwards with Sega fighters - once you're used to playing the latest installment, it just feels really weird going back and playing one of the earlier games in the series. The improvements made in the games really DO make that much of a difference.
    That being said... I suggest skipping on FMM altogether, it's a novelty game and is extremely difficult to play with any degree of seriousness. If you want something that's in the same bloodline as VF, I must suggest my devotion of choice Fighting Vipers 2. Once you learn what the similarities and differences are in the gameplay systems you'll begin to appreciate each game for its own uniqueness. I know my VF4 play has helped me realize more possibilities in FV2's system, and vice versa.
    DC FV2 doesn't have anywhere close to as much cool stuff as the PS2 ver though.