1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

what VF4 feature are you most pleased with over the previous VFs? ...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BK__, Apr 21, 2002.

1. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Re: what VF4 feature are you most pleased with over the previous VFs?

i still miss evade ~ CD ~ evade patterns though..

You can cancel an evade with a crouch dash. For instance, Akira does an attack. He evades, cancels into a crouch dash, and hits the opponent with a shoulder ram. It's been done by Shinz a number of times.

It's not the same as the VF3 Korean step, so just accept it and move on./versus/images/icons/smile.gif/versus/images/icons/frown.gif/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

Edit: I stand corrected. You can buffer a crouch dash into an evade, not cancel the evade with a crouch dash. Crouch dash buffering gives you an advantage in that you can execute modified moves after an evade. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

2. Lion_210

Lion_210 Member

I'm new here, as you can see who is Shinz?

3. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

wait, wait, clear some things up...so when you buffer the CD, it won't cancel the evade, just that you'll CD the instant you come out?

and will this apply to MC evade into a crouch dash?(or will an MC evade enable you to cancel the evade into a crouch dash?)

also, does this work the other way around?(ability to crouch dash and buffer an evade or cancel into an evade?)

4. ghostdog

so when you buffer the CD, it won't cancel the evade, just that you'll CD the instant you come out?

That's what I've observed. When you buffer the CD into the evade, you will see the evade, followed immediately by the crouch dash. It does not cancel the evade.

This also applies to an MC evade. The Shinz Akira clips (there are about eight of them, plus two other clips that feature multiple crouch dashes) demonstrate the technique much better than I can explain it.

also, does this work the other way around?(ability to crouch dash and buffer an evade or cancel into an evade?)

I don't know. I've tried it a couple of times, but I wasn't successful. At best, I would get a crouch dash, followed by an evade.

5. ghostdog

I'm new here, as you can see who is Shinz?

Shinz was known as Akira Kid, the VF2 and VF3 world champion(?). For more info, <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/search.php?Cat=>use the search, Luke</a>

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Shinz is the best player in korea, and has done very well in just about every tournament he's ever entered.

7. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

okayyy... there are wayyyyy too many shinZ discussions floating around these boards lately, if you want to know who he is, there are probably tons of topics about his hands, feet, head, shoe size, love life, address, phone number, all on the previous pages...

for now, he is not <font color=orange>"the most pleased new feature in VF4"</font color=orange> (although some still may argue)....

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

LOL...thank you..was about to say - is this a Shinz shrine???

9. ghostdog

okayyy... there are wayyyyy too many shinZ discussions floating around these boards lately, if you want to know who he is, there are probably tons of topics about his hands, feet, head, shoe size, love life, address, phone number, all on the previous pages.

Which is why I suggested he use the search function, genius./versus/images/icons/wink.gif

10. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

LOL,..waddeva.... as long as it's not in my thread... /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

11. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i also like the increased stagger opportunities, they give players more of a choice to folow-up moves which seemed more difficult in the previous. lovely touch sega..

12. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Hmm, I like just about everything....though I must say I loathe backdashing....Oh and I like the Shuns more Vf2 look! Vf3 shun looked to...square to me...

Vf1 Lau did look tight though....