1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What will you like to see in VF5?

Discussion in 'General' started by tianyuan2k2, Sep 20, 2005.

1. tianyuan2k2

tianyuan2k2 Well-Known Member

Super gauge! Finally Akira can do HaDouKen when the gauge fills up.

Okay, that was an evil thought. For real, I will like to see character's face/body getting hurt, in a realistic way not Rumble Fish style. So character will looked painful, and move slower(hand/leg, depends on parts that suffer). And gain some moves, or moves property change maybe.

2. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

i want 2 see dem tittes

3. paulosowski

paulosowski Active Member

I want to see new karate fighter and it would be nice to see some kata like in SC/SC2

4. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

I'd like to see some damage factors but not the whole disabling a limb part. Just visual bruises etc. Otherwise, you'd only have to pick goh, aoi or Vanessa to practically cripple a character. It would also mess up the whole frames business.

I'd like to see kata's in the intros. New outfits for both 1p and 2p sides. Kage to have normal looking moves. I don't even think his style is proper ninjitsu art. More original stages other than remakes of old ones.

5. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

More than just to outfits to edit.

6. stealth_fox

stealth_fox Active Member

I'd really like to see more variety in cotume editing as well. I hope they add more places to edit instead of face, head, body and legs, somthing like what SCIII has.

I'd like to see more variety in the stages too. The backgrounds in VF4 look alright, but the square boundaries ruin it in most stages. I never played VF3, but I saw a few vids and I'd gotta say those levels have a lot better design than VF4. I wouldn't mind if they took those designs and added a next-gen coat of paint on them for VF5.

7. InspectorTrue

InspectorTrue Active Member

I'd like to see more active blocking animations, for strikes, not just for grab escapes. i'd also like to see some funny tricks, like shun, spitting wine at his opponents face, or wolf climbing atop the fence doing a few steps then jumping down on an opponent. like a real pro wrestler.

I'd also like to see lei fei with an iron shirt move, where he takes a hit on his chest but doesn't take damage, like in the kung fu movies.

I'd also like to see more interactive stages like vf3 but better, like inside a restaurant or something.

Maybe we can have a boxing ring for brad and the wrestlers.

I'd also like to see more finishing move type moves like the one jackey has , it think its df+p+k,p+g where he punches you in the stomach and then pushes your face.

Very very! Fun!!

8. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

If you like stages like those that you are describing go and play Deadly Arts for N64. It's actually pretty good as a fighter and it kinda comes close to what you are describing. Try it if you feel curious and if you do try it, pick Kai as your character. He has a mean combo that kicks ass.

9. tianyuan2k2

tianyuan2k2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, taunt is good. Press start, 1 frame taunt, cancel it into a jab, cancel jab with a taunt, cancel taunt with jab...

Taunt is good especially for Wolf or Brad. But I dont want see Akira doing taunt, that will be too weird.

10. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Painty_J said:
    i want 2 see dem tittes

[/ QUOTE ]
    wtf are you serious i saw the thread title and came in here to post this you bastard

11. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I somehow always get the feeling that Dandy_J is the same person as Painty_J....

12. Painty_J

yeah but like usual you gbs fags are always 2 weeks too late to the joke LAWL
    i also got 1st post /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

srider: we import our humor fromt he same palce /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. Maximus

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

I somehow always get the feeling that Dandy_J is the same person as Painty_J....

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they're twins. I wonder which one is the evil one? ;P

14. Painty_J

im the pretty one /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

15. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Painty_J said:
    srider: we import our humor fromt he same palce /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    relatively speaking

16. martialfanatic

martialfanatic Well-Known Member

I want to see our friendly neighborhood sumo wrestler come back home. Sometimes I think I'm only one that misses our beloved fat bastard.

Now that it has been mentioned, a traditional karate fighter would be kind of cool. Would probably be loaded with punch sabakis.

And I'm very curious about these two new characters; I want to see how this wrestler is different from Wolf.

17. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

How about Siba without his weapon? :p

18. Maximus

[ QUOTE ]
    afroconnexion said:

I want to see how this wrestler is different from Wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think of this new guy as Rey Mysterio from WWE. Thats basically all there is to it.

And as for that new girl, I swear that she looks like Meiling from Fighters Destiny. Hmm, I think Sega was digging through some old fighters to get ideas for a new character.

19. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I want some of those VF3 stages back, those were so cool and fun. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    I hope that new chick is monkey kung fu like a few people already suggested. I was watching a few clips of monkey style in tournaments, and a lot of them did a spin just like that girl. Check it out, I made a clip demonstrating.

Monkey Spin

I don't know if it's just coincidence though. I'm no expert.