1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What will you like to see in VF5?

Discussion in 'General' started by tianyuan2k2, Sep 20, 2005.

1. sonnet

sonnet Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ValeStyle_Gove said:

I shall tell you what VF needs:

Redesign of all VF characters, its shockingly bad
    Some story perhaps
    More detail in some ultrashitty undetailed characters *cough brad*

Other than that, VFs pretty l33t not HaXxOr etc

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. Some characters look really crap. Heres a list of characters I absolutely think needs to be redesigned:

brad - Man this is by far the worst character design. They should make a dark skinned south east asian fighter. Like Sagat but way darker. I'm a huge fan of muay thai but sega totally ruined it with this character
    Goh - He looks crap too. I gues his outfit is ok but hes face is just ugly.
    Jacky - replace him with a real bruce lee type of guy
    Lion - another crap design. Replace him by a small chinese kid
    Pai - replace her with something else
    Sarah - could have an extreme make over too
    Wolf - redesign

2. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    sonnet said:

I agree with you. Some characters look really crap. Heres a list of characters I absolutely think needs to be redesigned:

brad - Man this is by far the worst character design. They should make a dark skinned south east asian fighter. Like Sagat but way darker. I'm a huge fan of muay thai but sega totally ruined it with this character everyone knows italians don't practice muy thai!
    Goh - He looks crap too. I gues his outfit is ok but hes face is just ugly, everyone knows only handsome fighters win battles.
    Jacky - replace him with a real bruce lee type of guy, after all, Bruce Lee never made it a point to teach westerners his style.
    Lion - another crap design. Replace him by a small chinese kid. french people know nothing about mantis fist.
    Pai - replace her with something else, like a flying demon that shoots lasers out of its eyes.
    Sarah - could have an extreme make over too, mainly bigger breasts.
    Vanessa - make her skin lighter so she looks more like Beyonce, light skinned girls are more attractive to westerners.
    Wolf - redesign, should wear a silly mask like all real westlers do

[/ QUOTE ]
    hmmm.... some cool points you make there.

3. MartialHonour

MartialHonour Well-Known Member

They should change the stages, make 'em like they use to in VF3TB

4. Luddie

Luddie Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Madin said:

[ QUOTE ]
    sonnet said:

brad - Man this is by far the worst character design. They should make a dark skinned south east asian fighter. Like Sagat but way darker. I'm a huge fan of muay thai but sega totally ruined it with this character everyone knows italians don't practice muy thai!
    Goh - He looks crap too. I gues his outfit is ok but hes face is just ugly, everyone knows only handsome fighters win battles.
    Jacky - replace him with a real bruce lee type of guy, after all, Bruce Lee never made it a point to teach westerners his style.
    Lion - another crap design. Replace him by a small chinese kid. french people know nothing about mantis fist.
    Pai - replace her with something else, like a flying demon that shoots lasers out of its eyes.
    Sarah - could have an extreme make over too, mainly bigger breasts.
    Vanessa - make her skin lighter so she looks more like Beyonce, light skinned girls are more attractive to westerners.
    Wolf - redesign, should wear a silly mask like all real westlers do

[/ QUOTE ]
    hmmm.... some cool points you make there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you go play something else if all you want is a bunch of Chinese kids and bigger boobs? If you can stand a couple of Japanese in the roster, then I think there's a series on the Crapbox that might appeal to you. -_-;

5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Who cares what the characters look like, really?
    Surely the game is played because of it's quality mechanics and balanced gameplay, not because of what the characters look like. If all the fighting styles were linked up with the stereotypical looking user of the fighting style, it would be boring and look like every other fighting game, which places too much emphasis on aesthetics and not enough on game play.

P.s. Whoever said that Brad was the worst character design ever needs to take a look at that Armour King cretin from Tekken. I mean, he is a palate swapped version of the ordinary King (who is bad enough already) with some armour strapped to his chest. Thing is, he has costumes which remove the armour! How can he be called Armour King when he doesn't wear armour.
    Seriously, there are much worse character designs on other games, at least with VF there aren't any fighting animals, like a Velociraptor with BOXING GLOVES.....

6. sonnet

sonnet Member

Hey I'm sorry but I didnt mean offense. But I think you guys are unrealistic. Sure I play virtua fighter because I like the gameplay in the first place. Otherwise I would not join this forum but join tekken5 or doa forums instead. I did not compare virtua fighter with any other game and I think you guys shouldnt too.

Ofcourse I would always want the best gameplay instead of characters, but sometimes my eye wants candy too. I just like some redesign to make myself enjoy the game more. I love muay thai and I do this martial arts myself too in real life. But when I chose Brad I did not enjoy myself at all. He doesnt stand for muay thai the way I see a character should stand for. Even with white hand wraps, head/arm monkons, thai shorts he just doesnt look right. And that takes away some good gaming experience.

The question was what would I like to see in VF5. I like to see some redesigns, internet capabilities, totally new gameplay.

7. MartialHonour

I agree with the internet capabilities and the redesigns, but why would VF5 need new gameplay? Isn't the gameplay already good enough?

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I want to see a character that uses "crack whore" style...that is consistently twitching and throws crack rocks and hyperdermic needles at people.

9. MartialHonour

Am2 should have an Indian Fighter on there who does that fighting style that causes him to extend his arms to an unusual length. I forgot the name of the fighting style, but I saw it in the Movie :"The Flying Guillotine".

10. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

panty-shots

am2 have been out-innovated, for once...

11. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I think we should have weapons in VF5... Like weapons you can pick up at stages. And also, electric walls - fighters getting shocked when pushed on them.

12. Luddie

Luddie Well-Known Member

They should give us a(prefereably female) Korean taekwondo-user already(I know I was just talking about stereotypes, but I'd really like a Korean in VF

13. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

The wishlist-type topics never cease to amaze me. Why the fuck even create those? Do you people honestly think they do any good? Sure... Sega executives come here and they'll force the developers to include your ideas.

Facts:
    1. No one but you gives a shit about the suggestions.
    2. Most of the suggestions are crap and plain bullshit anyway.
    3. The game won't be affected by them, trust me.
    4. It's a ground for flame wars.

So. Just. Stop.

14. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I didn't think my editing of sonnet's post was that subtle. More 'in your face' sarcasm needed next time I think. /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

15. MartialHonour

Uh! This thread is attracting flames! [​IMG]

16. tianyuan2k2

tianyuan2k2 Well-Known Member

Dural! Check out those jp bbs u will see some ppl bragging that she will be playable in vf5. even though it's 99.999% this one will never come true, i do hope dural is playable with a tons restrictions to make her balanced.

obviously she will be a good experiment for customizing moves. so you will have to register her on vfnet, then u will customize her moves because she has no moves in the beginning... wait a sec, now it sounds like a RPG. Maybe it could be in the console version. Never mind.

17. iDante

iDante New Member

Mishima fighting ryu lols. Kidding aside, I would like to see Goh's improvement...I want to see every little thing VF 5 has to offer.

18. MartialHonour

Its online right?

19. SliceOfPai

SliceOfPai Well-Known Member

This is just me nitpicking, but I'd love to see Dural's body actually "ripple" and "quiver" as she's hit. Make her a more liquid like model.

And, Madin, I thought your editing of sonnet's post was right on par. Cuz good gaming is SO reliant upon authentic characters! I was personally revolted by the VF 4 games as an African American, cuz what black person has silver hair?! Vanessa's a sellout! </sarcasm>

20. takira

takira Well-Known Member

I Want Ground Fights & grapples :\
    Online With a Dedicated server available for any one to host :p
    A better Juggling mechanics
    More Ground Combos
    Better Grappling techniques for grapplers

And Akira should be called RYU :p j/k