1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What would you ask Yu Suzuki?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alfred_Cohol, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Alfred_Cohol

Alfred_Cohol Member

?

Cheers

D

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I would ask:

What sort of feelings do fighting games give you, why create them?

3. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Can I have a job?

4. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I'd say hey why did you rape Shun in Version C what up with that? And can I please have a japanese PS2 and VF4 please but by then security would of beat me down lol:)

5. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

When is VF5 coming out??/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

6. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

I asked him for an autograph and talked about his absymal performance at Space Harrier and that he should alter the control in Shen Mue2 becouse he got stuck in a door in SM1 when he was demoing it .

7. PPPK

PPPK Active Member

1.Where's Daytona 3 - or has that gone to Nagoshi at AV?
    2.Where's Virtua Cop 3?
    3.Are you interested in adopting a 31 year old son?

8. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

1. Where is new space harrier!?
    2. What happened to the new Toejam and Earl talk?
    3. Sega World USA?

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

1. What were your primary goals in restructuring VF4's gameplay?

2. What are the key drivers behind VF5?

3. If you could build VF4 from scratch, would you do it on Naomi 2, Xbox, or some other hardware (old or new)?

4. VF4's aesthetics marked a big departure from VF3, especially in the "cleanliness" of the image and in particular aliasing and texture quality. Is there a specific reason for this (i.e. arcade programmed with PS2 in mind) or is it simply a matter of Naomi 2 restrictions?

5. How many updates to VF4 do you envision making in its lifecycle?

6. What is the REAL reason for excluding Taka in VF4?

7. Where do you get your feedback from in updating VF4? From specific players, specific arcades, media sources, or from select focus groups?

8. What is the rationale for removing the E button in favor of the stick? Did you not go through the same process when designing VF3 in deciding which method to use? What factors changed to cause your team to decide on using the stick to dodge for VF4?

9. What do you think of Tekken 4 and how would you compare/contrast VF4 to T4?

10. What do you think of DOA3 and Itagaki san's inflammatory comments in various magazines? Is it true you assisted him in programming DOA?

11. How did you recruit the team responsible for VF4? What criteria were you looking for in your artists, programmers, and designers?

12. Can you walk us through the development cycle for VF4? Design considerations, things that were cut at the last minute, etc.

13. Can you give us an estimate of how technically advanced VF5 will be?

14. What was the team's inspiration for VF.net?

15. There was some early experimentation with network play for arcades. How is this progressing? Will VF5 be network playable?

16. What do you think is the future of arcades?

17. Were any considerations made for markets outside of Japan when designing VF4 or the PS2 version?

18. How would you grade the PS2 version in comparison to the arcade?

Etc. Oh yeah...can't forget:

19. Were the DC version of VF3tb and the PS2 version of VF4 specifically programmed to be "faster?"

And:

20. How would you like a motivated, VF-loving, accomplished Duke grad with varied working experience to be on the VF5 team?

No offense guys, but your questions suck!! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

10. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

It's a bloody shame Yu won't answer all those questions, because I for one (and you for two I guess) would really love to hear what he would've responded.

11. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Shut up. I like my question better than all of yours put together, slick.

12. Alfred_Cohol

Alfred_Cohol Member

Mate. That is incredible.

13. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

To make monet I guess, and because he has a passion for videogames my guess.

14. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Speaking to Suzuki would be nice, but Kataoka's the guy I need to sit down and have a serious heart-to-heart discussion with...

15. Alfred_Cohol

Alfred_Cohol Member

What did Kataoka do?

D

16. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Did Ferrari give you a 355? And do you know any Martial arts? What demons from hell do you have sex with to get the kind of ideas you do? =) well maybe not the last one, thats when I'd get dropped by Bodyguards. lol.

17. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

When is Shenmue 3 coming out and why is it taking SO long?

18. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

I'd ask if he would ever introduce Internal Damage to VF (at least as an option). For example brakeable bones, disabling whichever moves belong to a certain limb for the rest of the match(not round). And true knockouts. And concussions (accuracy and getting-up speed is affected; any further strikes to head cause severe damage). ..And...And...

19. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Kataoka's sort of the "second-in-command" for all of the VF games, and has considerable influence over their development. He's also done stuff like Outtrigger and (most importantly to me) the FV series.

20. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

What would I ask Yu Suzuki? That's easy. I'd ask him for the keys to one of his Ferraris. Only for a week or so; I'd give it back.