1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

whats the arcade scene like in beijing, china?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by KS_Vanessa, Nov 7, 2004.

1. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

yoyo. im doin sum uni course and im learning mandarin. in my third year i get to live in beijing and just basically do nothing for a whole year cept learn the damn language.

anyhoo whats the arcade scene like over there? ive heard marvellous rumors that theres like an arcade on nearly every street corner? if this is true, then ill be in VF heaven. i just love beating asian guys at this game..........

can anyone gimme any icomments? cool. thanks in advance..............

2. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

the VF scene in beijing is very good!!
    become beter and beter!!
    go there it wont dissapiont u!
    /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. KS_Vanessa

hen hao!!! lol my mandarin sucks at the mo. hopefully it will get better. hope ur right ogi, cuz when i go i hope FT is there and that will make the year go soooo much faster.

4. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

No worry FT is already there, and its version A!!

5. KS_Vanessa

[ QUOTE ]
    Ogi said:

No worry FT is already there, and its version A!!

[/ QUOTE ]

what u SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg. goddamit. i gotta wait two more years..........boohoo.................................

6. KS_Vanessa

also ogi, dont tell me they have vf.net support in beijing as well?

7. BlissBless

BlissBless Member

sadly, there is no vf.net service outside of japan.. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. LiMeng

LiMeng Well-Known Member

Yeah no vf.net there. But there is card slots on the machine and you can use the card to record your rank and winning percentage. Many players have friends in Japan so they could send their cards to Japan to get character names and items. The credits are cheap too. It's 1 yuan per game, which equals 7 pence. As far as I know there are two FT ver.A machines in Beijing, and around 10 in Shanghai. However I don't know what things will be like after 2 years from now on :|

9. KS_Vanessa

woah!!! roughly 10 p for a credit?!!!! omg hahahaa when i get to beijing in 2 years man, half of ma time is gonna be on the arcades and ripping the local talent at VF.

10p,.........godammit.........................

10. Pushku

Pushku Well-Known Member

Which arcades in Beijing have FT?

11. FireLiu

FireLiu Active Member

take subway,to the XiDan station, and go to the 77th street,B1. FT Ver.B.

sorry my english is no good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Pushku

Pushku Well-Known Member

Yeah I went there last week.

I played only 3 people. You guys are really strong players.

13. MeatBun

MeatBun New Member

Welcome to beijing.
    there is lots of VF player in weekend.
    you can tell us your id,and we can know eachother more better.

14. Pushku

Pushku Well-Known Member

Actually, I was only in Beijing for 1-2 days just to visit family. I might have to visit them again in the summer.

Hope to play you guys again.

15. LiMeng

LiMeng Well-Known Member

Just a quick heads up, we have VF5 Ver B in Beijing now. It's in the arcade at XiDan "77th Street" underground shopping mall, you should know the place if you have played VF4FT in Beijing before.

For those who don't know the place, look for a glass pyramid-shaped little building in the middle of a small square near XiDan Shangchang(aka. XiDan market). The arcade is down under that square, on the 1st floor of the underground shopping mall.

16. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Hi,
    I'll be going to Beijing in a few weeks, do they have VF5 Ver C now at XiDan ?
    Also where's the best place to play KOF (especially 98) ?

17. Carmen

Carmen Member

PSN:
    cacacarmen
    I will also be going soon ^^ What time will you be there (if you aren't already?) Maybe we can meet!

I'm also curious what places to look out for ... is there a VF scene there? Hard to believe...

Look forward to response [​IMG]

18. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Shanghai is bigger, and I think there is no VF here, so I wouldn't expect Beijing to be different.

And the Fascist Kleptocracy has been blocking the Bourgeois Reactionary Revisionist website known as Facebook. Don't get me wrong, this place has it's charms, but still... [​IMG]