1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best way to do Single Palm(46P) after fuzzy guarding?

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Rodnutz, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    As suggested by @Myke I'm copy pasting some dialogue below that's been going on on my feed for anyone who wants to keep this conversation going. Huge thanks to @BlackGeneral @Tricky and all others who contributed to my cause. I tried pretty much all the method's mentioned. BG's advice was the catalyst to help me grasp what I was doing wrong and Tricky's advice showed me where I'd like to go. In the end I'm very satisfied with what I figured out and even found something else during my research. Now how do I find time to practice it all so I become one with it?:unsure:

CONVERSATION FROM MY FEED

Rodnutz Anyone know how to do Akira’s standing single palm from a crouched state? In previous VF you could do 3346(neutral)P.
    Monday at 10:12 PMEditDeleteReport
    Comment
    1. [​IMG]BlackGeneral Either 44 or 66 to buffer stand. If you buffer stand by backdashing, you just have to hit forward and P.
      Monday at 11:45 PM Delete Report

2. [​IMG]Myke Minor correction: in VF4 you didn't need to 33 (why would you crouch dash when already crouched?). You could just 465P from a crouch.
      Monday at 11:50 PM Delete Report
      adamYUKI likes this.
    3. [​IMG]Rodnutz Sorry guess I worded this all wrong. Definitely want to do it after crouching dash fuzzy. However 95% of time I get dbl palm or first part of 2_6pp. I think 44 is the answer. Thanks guys.
      Tuesday at 11:30 AM Edit Delete Report
      Tricky likes this.
    4. [​IMG]Tricky You have to do 33646. Ideal input would be 323646. 44 works because you’re canceling into backdash. Risky since opens up stagger. I deal with this issue a lot with Eileen’s qcf motions overlapping with movement. Super annoying.
      Tuesday at 12:43 PM Delete Report
      Unlike
      You like this.
    5. [​IMG]Rodnutz I just don’t get and can’t wrap my mind around 323 input in regards to fuzzy guarding. Every time I try this input and guard I always get hit. Tried last night and failed. Am I missing something here?
      Tuesday at 2:17 PM Edit Delete Report

6. [​IMG]BlackGeneral @Rodnutz try doing a dragon punch motion to fuzzy, then entering 46P. I do it that way, and it feels natural to me.
      Tuesday at 3:18 PM Delete Report
      Unlike
      You like this.
    7. [​IMG]BlackGeneral Oh, I left out an input. Try 63236, then 46P. It looks like a lot, but you're gliding the inputs in.
      Tuesday at 3:28 PM Delete Report

8. [​IMG]Tricky You’re doing it too slow likely. 6323 is what I find most consistent. It’s also less prone to input errors due to the input buffer before you choose to fuzzy.
      Tuesday at 3:30 PM Delete Report

9. [​IMG]Rodnutz @Tricky bro you use a Hitbox lol I'm sure it's 10 times easier to enter all those commands on that than it is with a stick.
      Tuesday at 4:54 PM Edit Delete Report

10. [​IMG]Tricky It’s actualky harder because any errant inputs screw the buffer up. HB is easier on the hands but getting clean inputs is hard. Watch your input display in dojo and you’ll see a ton of extra directions that you can’t have on HB or moves don’t come out. @cruzlink2 for HB deets
      Tuesday at 7:24 PM Delete Report

11. [​IMG]Tricky FYI I use 33g6 to get myself standing in matches.
      Tuesday at 7:26 PM Delete Report

12. [​IMG]Myke @Tricky if you're talking about standing up quickly (from crouch), then a 33 does *nothing* to help you (it's a crouch dash input to state the obvious). Also, following with a G6 does nothing different than just a normal G. What you described - 33G - is just a crouch dash fuzzy guard. The fastest way to stand from crouch is just 66G.
      Tuesday at 8:07 PM Delete Report
      Tricky likes this.
    13. [​IMG]Myke Also, @Rodnutz it might be helpful to start these kinds of conversations in a thread. Lots of useful tidbits in here that might help others in future! They otherwise get "lost", and not easily discoverable, as soon as they disappear from the status feed.
      Tuesday at 8:09 PM Delete Report
      Unlike
      You and Tricky like this.
    14. [​IMG]Tricky @Myke I didn't epxlain my point too well and I agree these are more thread based conversations.
      Tuesday at 9:55 PM Delete Report

15. [​IMG]Myke No shit, Trick! (on both accounts) ;)
      Tuesday at 10:01 PM Delete Report
      Unlike

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Myke, Mister and oneida like this.
  2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

What was the new thing you found out? Share the deets bro!

I'm also gonna test out what I tried to explain so I can have my point be a little more clear.

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

So the best way to input standing palm from crouching is [4][4] or [6][6] then [G][4][6][P]?

4. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

From crouch [4][4][6][P] should be enough to get the standing palm, no need for [G]. You can also try [6][6][4][6][P] but it probably won't come out as fast as the previous method.

TexasLion and Feck like this.
  5. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    What works for me is this. Crouch dash, small delay, 46P. I tried so many other ways, but this works for me like 90%+ of the time. There is a bit of timing to everything, but with a little practice you should get the hang of it quickly.

J.D.E. and Feck like this.
  6. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Feck likes this.
  7. Washow

Washow Well-Known Member

I practiced it for a bit and dang this is really hard. Or I'm doing something wrong. Fuzzy, small delay then 46p. or fuzzy, 446p? I'll try some more