1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO FIND A LOCAL VF4 ARCADE

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by pioneer, Feb 14, 2002.

1. pioneer

pioneer New Member

I was wondering if someone with experience in the
    Virtua Fighter culture could give me some advice in finding
    a competitive or at least local/semi-local VF4 arcade?
    Please help. I have been itching to learn this game since I
    happened upon this site. P.S. I live in the North Bay Area CA.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hehe you're in luck. There's a pretty hardcore group of VFers in the Bay Area =P

The nearest VF4 machine is in Sunnyvale Golfland down in Cupertino, CA. But now that we have PS2 VF4, we tend to play at someone's apartment (either in San Francisco or in South Bay) as opposed to playing at SVGL (plus PS2 VF4 is ver.C, whereas the arcade is ver.B). If you're interested in meeting up, send me an email at feixaq@pobox.com

P.S. If you happen to drop by in another city, go to VF4fx [locations] to check out the list of VF4 machines in the US. (Click on sig below for link).

3. pioneer

pioneer New Member

Thanks alot Felix Q. I checked out the location in Sunnyvale on Yahoo Maps. It's just too far for me to drive. I live way north of you guys. Santa Rosa. -It's all bad- Guess I'll have to wait for my American PS2 version. I'm still on this site daily though. Don't know why... I just am.

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

East Coast (except nyc) pray....

5. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Agree with shadowdean. The only arcade I know with VF4 in NYC is the one in chinatown, and only a version A. (is there any place else?) At least the machine is in good condition. In general, the arcade in USA sucks -- they don't even offer a sitting unit!? -- well don't get me started.

Bottom line? Open an arcade yourself -- I wish I could.

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

ah, that machine in chinatown is version B not A.

7. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Hey piccolo, thanks for telling me that. Someone told me it was version A weeks ago, that's why I thought it was v.A. Did they upgrade it recently?? Because I kind of remember seeing someone escaped a back throw? it was long ago though.

8. HIGHKLAZZ

HIGHKLAZZ New Member

The Local VF4 Arcade I've seen Are At Knott's Berry Farm
    and Cal State Fulerton

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Supposedly, Ver A was only released/available in Japan, and for only about a month before the upgrade to Ver B. Every US VF4 should be Ver B, except for the test version that's still in Chicago, but that is *not* the same as Ver A according to many here. According to Dynamic League/Derrick Lynch, Yu Suzuki has said Ver C will not be released outside of Japan... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

According to Dynamic League/Derrick Lynch, Yu Suzuki has said Ver C will not be released outside of Japan...

WHAT?! Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhh.....

11. BBC

BBC New Member

There is a nice VF4 machine at Jillians in The Sorce mall. Its in Westbury, Long Island, NY. Right off Old Country Road.