1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What's with the Shun hate?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by MrMojo, Mar 11, 2005.

1. MrMojo

MrMojo Well-Known Member

I registered a long time ago and honestly forgot about this game. I played it again when I was sick, though, and now I'm hooked again. Unfortunately, my friends simpyl aren't good enough.

So, I went to the media center to find some Shun videos (my favorite and first character was shun). But there are no Shun videos! Even the media database doesn't have any. What's up with that? I remember seeing plenty of Shun videos when the game came out.

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
  3. MrMojo

MrMojo Well-Known Member

Heh, weird. I went to the "more media" option and I didn't see anything there. I was mainly talking about the sega and pasopiard threads.

Thanks for the link though.

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Oh, then I feel your pain then. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

They aren't that many noticable Shun players that get media attention. I wish there was more current Shun vids out as well.

5. DragonCop

DragonCop Well-Known Member

The reason why there aren't as many Shun players is that Shun is a fighter who has very difficult moves to learn and to perform.

6. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    dragoncop said:

The reason why there aren't as many Shun players is that Shun is a fighter who has very difficult moves to learn and to perform.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's bullshit my man. I've seen you posting this kind of posts all over the VFDC. Some characters are sometimes considered hard and difficult to use, but Shun definitely is not one of them. Shun's hardness is not the reason for his rare using, there're just other reason like "I don't like Shun, he's too old, ought to retire".

7. DragonCop

I read from the Virtua Fighter 4 Manual and I quote:
    "...Shun is very uniqe in comparision to other characters.Note that it will take a great deal of practice to fully master his moves. Because of this, Shun is only recommended for Advanced players."

8. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    dragoncop said:

"...Shun is very uniqe in comparision to other characters.Note that it will take a great deal of practice to fully master his moves. Because of this, Shun is only recommended for Advanced players."

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt the manual actually say jacky is for more experienced players too? dragoncop you dont have any idea what you're talking about, like jerky already told you shut up and play the game first because reading quotes from the manual makes you look like an idiot

9. DragonCop

Listen Painty-J, the same manual never says that Jacky is recommended for experienced players, they say hes more recommended for beginners. So if you actually take the time to unstick your head from your monitor and actually read the damn manual then you wouldn't have to be confused about certain characters or their moves, idiot.

10. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

^ POST OF THE YEAR! ^

11. DragonCop

12. Painty_J

oh wait i was confused about characters and their moves? ok thanks for letting me know

apparently the VF4 manual is the holy grail of information on both VF4, Evolution, and Final Tuned. Thanks for playing

edit: at least you have a fitting avatar now

13. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

well at least it's nice to know i'm not the most hated person the forums /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Don't kid yourself, man.

Bwahahahaha

15. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Shun is one of the few characters in VF that can be successful without learning core defensive techniques. You can respond with backdash-evade or fuzzy after a lot of his pokes get blocked and be completely safe from a forced guessing game.

He is the first character I would reccomend to someone coming from a 2D or Tekken background, since backdash/spacing works very well for Shun.

16. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    dragoncop said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I really shouldn't say this anymore but it seems like you've got slow brain. If you take that manual so literally, it truly PROVES that you haven't played the game enough. As you have been said loads of times: SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP POSTING THOSE MEANINGLESS POSTS. You don't have to reply every post there is.

17. DragonCop

Ryadus, the only meaningless post around are the people who keep on qouting what I say repeatedly.So if you don't like what I say then there is no point in responding or repeating the exact same thing that I say.So since your name ain't Shun or Painty_J, I suggest you fuck off.

18. DragonCop

What's the total amount of alcohol that can Shun consume for christ sake?

19. Painty_J

dragoncop its people like you who make my job easy. so what is it, shun and I are special and have your permission to quote you and call you a dumbass?

for the love of christ please go hang yourself

20. DragonCop

The reason why people do not like Shun is not only because hes an old man, but also of his fighting style.

Shun carries a fighting style known as Drunken Kung Fu.Shun's combos are very complex which causes you to fight either on your feet, while standing on your head or fight while lying down. Some Virtua Fighter fans might see that as an advantage, others might see it as an over whelming nucance.And since his Combos are complex, it's more difficult to place seperate combos together into a string of combos.
    When your in a match and you're trying to beat your opponent with a some solid hits, you always have to make sure that Shun(the character your playing) has to have enough sips of alcohol, so he could be able to perform superb moves in the matches.That takes a little concentration away from the match, especially once you press[4][P]+[K][G]+[P]+[K]so he could sit down and take a sip of alcohol. Third,everytime Shun attacks, he has to use his whole body inorder to deliver that attack. I find this a disadvantage for the Shun player because he/she won't be prepared for any counter hits that they might recieve from the opponent.

Some players might not take Shun's DKF seriously,since he twirls,flips and spins in some of his attacks such as the Renshu Kaishu,the Suisen Touritso, Choukarou,or The Renken Zensen Soutai.

Over all , Shun is good fighter to play with when hes fighting against the first three or four players in arcade mode, but then as soon as The Bryant twins appear or Father Chan is ready to fight, then you are in for a difficult time copping.