1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What's with the Shun hate?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by MrMojo, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

*googles to find out where dragoncrap copied it from*

help guys i cant tell if he copied it or if hes just retarded
    [ QUOTE ]
    carries a fighting style

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
    which causes you to fight either on your feet, while standing on your head or fight while lying down

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
    you always have to make sure that Shun(the character your playing)

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
    That takes a little concentration away from the match, especially once you press+++so he could sit down and take a sip of alcohol

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
    Third,everytime Shun attacks, he has to use his whole body inorder to deliver that attack. I find this a disadvantage for the Shun player because he/she won't be prepared for any counter hits that they might recieve from the opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]
    and of course the grand finale:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Some players might not take Shun's DKF seriously,since he twirls,flips and spins in some of his attacks such as the Renshu Kaishu,the Suisen Touritso, Choukarou,or The Renken Zensen Soutai.

[/ QUOTE ]look at me i know names!

2. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    dragoncop said:

Ryadus, the only meaningless post around are the people who keep on qouting what I say repeatedly.So if you don't like what I say then there is no point in responding or repeating the exact same thing that I say.So since your name ain't Shun or Painty_J, I suggest you fuck off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since my ain't Shun or Painty_J. What the what fuck does it matter? You've answered all the posts there are on VFDC and filled some threads with your off-topic posts. People are trying to make you stop posting your stupid posts and start playing the game. And when you asked what's Vanity's quest rank in one thread I was like what a hell? GO HOME AND PLAY THE GAME. Everybody here has quest rank Champion, moron!

3. StoneColdSerb

StoneColdSerb Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

Shun is one of the few characters in VF that can be successful without learning core defensive techniques. You can respond with backdash-evade or fuzzy after a lot of his pokes get blocked and be completely safe from a forced guessing game.

He is the first character I would reccomend to someone coming from a 2D or Tekken background, since backdash/spacing works very well for Shun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, interesting post DJ, I never looked at the old man like this. Maybe I should give him a try after all. Cheers, mate.

4. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Personally I think he is an annoying old git, and I feel he is supposed to infuriate you into attacking blindly in frustration, and getting bashed by 7 counter-hits!
    He is a unique character (though, so is everyone else in their own right) and it takes the right type of player to use him (as does every other character).
    Shun is suited to certain people, the same as Akira is suited to others. I think the best way to understand each of the characters is to use them all, then find the one you like best. This way you have learnt all the 'tricks of the trade' for each character, and have also found out what style of play suits you best, and allocated yourself to the appropriate character.
    But that's just my opinion.....

P.s. Asking someone what rank they have in the arcade is dumb, and the person responsible should be forced to play against Ryan Hart's Jacky, playing as Goh and using a Mega Drive pad. (Imagine the 270 throws on one of those beasts!)

5. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

6. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    My eyes, my beautiful eyes!