1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What's your top favourite, sim and arcade racing games, on dreamcast, saturn, nintendo or other?

Discussion in 'General' started by beanboy, Apr 11, 2019.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

So what's your top best favourite, sim and arcade racing games guys?
    Eg. Sim racing games, like F335 Challenge: Passione Rossa and Forza etc.
    Eg. Arcade racing, Outrun etc.

Here's some of mine.

Sim racers:
    F1 World Grand Prix 1 and 2
    Metropolis Street Racer
    Test Drive V Rally 2 Expert Edition
    Test Drive Le Mans
    F335 Challenge: Passione Rossa (Yu Suzuki's game)

Arcade style racers:
    Daytona USA
    Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing (Don't believe the reviews, this game is actually good.)
    Mario Kart Double Dash
    F-Zero
    Hydro Thunder
    Aqua GT
    Outrun

Updated on Wed 18th September 2019.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Kruza likes this.
  2. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    OutRun is a bonafide classic, and one of the major reasons why I became a huge Sega fan in the first place! (I'm still a Sega fan, but to a lesser degree these days.) It was an awesome racing game during its heyday, along with (Super) Hang-On, Power Drift and Super Monaco GP.

F-Zero is a great series! I liked Hydro Thunder a lot! Also remember San Francisco Rush! Liked Metropolis Street Race a whole lot too. I also enjoyed the Project Gotham Racing series very much!

Daytona USA is certainly a quality game, but I wasn't a big fan of it. I personally liked Scud Race (Super GT) a whole lot more along with the outstanding Sega Rally Championship and Sega Rally 2 (even with the choppy framerates of the Dreamcast version)! I also liked the arcade version of Sega Touring Car Championship very much! The Sega Saturn version of STCC was heavily criticized because of the inconsistent framerate (and deservedly so), but I still liked playing this version of the game.

Loved Ferrari F355 Challenge! Played the 3-screen arcade version of it religiously, got the Dreamcast version when it came out a few months later... and still went to the play the arcade version religiously! The only issue with this game was that some people found out and mastered some exploits ("nazodrift" and "kazushift") that allowed them to post some unrealistic lap times, which really tarnished the Time Attack mode world rankings board.

Currently I've been playing DiRT Rally 2.0 on my Xbox One X system. Amazing game!! I also like MotoGP 18 a lot. But I've become a DR 2.0 junkie for sure!

Oh, and I'm still waiting for an ambitious game developer to create that mind-blowing powerboat racing game that will take full advantage of the next generation hardware which should be fully capable of creating realistic-looking water physics.

Kruza

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  3. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    my favorite sim racer is probably forza motorsport 2 on xbox 360. my favorite arcade style racer is probably star wars:episode 1 racer on the n64. diddy kong racing on n64 was fun also.

beanboy likes this.
  4. beanboy

@leftylizard
    Cool!

I still haven't played, Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer.:p
    And embarrassingly, I have never played Diddy Kong Racing either.
    I heard both games are fun. Moreso Diddy Kong Racing.
    I definitely have to play, both of them one day.:)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  5. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    I've never been much cope at sim racers, but I put a lot of time into the WipeOut series, absolutely love it. HD is probably my most played game on PS3 (except maybe VF...)
    Anyone else who's a fan could do a lot worse than check out BallisticNG on PC: https://store.steampowered.com/app/473770/BallisticNG/
    Really cool fan-made game that's just one big tribute to the PS1 era of the series, but with mod support, custom music support, tons of content, the works. Insanely good deal for how cheap it is. I played it initially back when it was still a free alpha build and in my opinion it's turned out even better than Formula Fusion, which was made by actual ex-WipeOut devs.

beanboy likes this.
  6. beanboy

I played 4 Wheel Thunder again. Man that game is fun.

7. Rhylancer21

Rhylancer21 New Member

My list of Racing Games

Mega Drive:
    Super Monaco GP
    Road Rash 1/2
    Super Hang On

Saturn:
    Daytona USA
    manx tt superbike

Playstation:
    Gran Turismo 1/2
    F1 97/99 - Psygnosis
    Road Rash 3D

Dreamcast:
    Ferrari 355 (Love it S2)
    SEGA GT

PlayStation 3:
    F1 (Codmasters)
    Gran Turismo 5/6
    Wipeout HD

Finaly in PC:
    Ride 2
    Project Cars

beanboy likes this.
  8. beanboy

Alright! That F1 World Grand Prix 2 game is addicting. Lol!:p
    I think I'm going to play it again tonight. Need da speeds!:D

Rhylancer21 likes this.
  9. beanboy

Add San Francisco Rush 2049 to that list too.
    That racing game is fun!:D

10. beanboy

Test Drive Le Mans is dope. I unlocked a new car last week in time trail mode, the Roock 64 car. I wish the game had more soundtracks though.

11. beanboy

I like Beetle Adventure Racing. That game is still fun.:p