1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

When did you start playing VF?

Discussion in 'General' started by chucky, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

I played alot of Tekken Tag with my friends before I started playin VF. It was actually pretty fun gettin 4 guys together with a multitap and beatin the tar out of each other.

I played VF1 a few times in the arcade when it came out, but never really seriously. Then about 2 years ago I had a friend who owned VF4 for the PS2, and he absolutely hated it. I'd seen the game get rave reviews, so I decided to give it a try and swapped him The Mark of Kri for it. I started off with Lion, and it was a bit frustrating because there were no easy strings in VF ala tekken. But, I figured there had to be something more to the game in order for it to get all the rave reviews, so I kept playin, doin the training mode and whatnot until I had a grasp of the basics.

VF is definately a rewarding game to play though. Even against the CPU at higher levels you can still find a good challenge that doesn't cheat (unlike the CPU does in most other games).

2. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

i first saw Vf in the arcades back in 93. i thought it was amazing. well when we bought a saturn 3 games came with it for free, (VF 2, virtua cop, daytona USA) and i was so into that game (VF 2 that is). back than my favorite character was Kage. after having my saturn for a couple of years someone broke into our house when we were away and stole it /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif! by that time saturn was discontinued. but when VF 3 first came out in the arcades i was more blown away than ever. never have i seen a game so beautiful. i used to play it all the time and i loved it. than the dreamcast came out and i bought VF 3 wich i can no longer find. again i had to wait a long while to play a VF game, but as soon as VF4 came out for the ps2 i bought it. never have i enjoyed a fighting game so much. to me VF is the best fighting game series of all time.

3. Allyourbase

Allyourbase Well-Known Member

I started just last week!