1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WHEN IS THE NEXT NYC GATHERING?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by kungfusmurf, Apr 5, 2002.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

If there is a get togther in the NYC area please count me in. It's really encouraging for me to found people who love VF as much as I do & consider it a deep game instead of just a button smasher.

Smurfy

2. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Thread moved to JAMBOREE.

3. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

I am trying to get some people to my place to play tomorrow. Will PM you /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

hey kungfusmurf, do you go to chinatown arcade? maybe i played you before?

anyway, im gonna predict that the next NYG will be in a loooong time from now. :p

5. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

Hey well here it exciting news. I found a place where we could have a tournament in New York, and for all you NYC players it's only about an hour or two away from you. PM and lemme know if you are interested.

6. kungfusmurf

No, I don't think so since I've only played VF4 in chinatown only once & I consider that machine to be too slow. Since I'd played one VF4 machine in London that was faster.

Smurfy

7. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

too slow??? no way. in what sence?

8. kungfusmurf

You have the PS2 Version right? Well it just seems much slower compare to it that's all. Hey, maybe it's just me.

Smurfy

9. kungfusmurf

Anyone want to carpool for this Tournament?

Smurfy

10. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

I could give you guys directions if this is something you guys would really like too do....and yes it is the ps2 version.

11. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I was really wondering about that... My question was really: "Is there going to be a NYG this year?!" I just haven't heard much from Andy who I would normally imagine to be pumping the event right now (though all recent trips seem to be gf related) and Adam, but he's been busy with what I am guessing as work, moving, and gf.

Heck, I haven't heard much of NY VF except from Rodney, yourself (Piccolo), and NJ's own Nan. I was hoping for another NYG this year... still hoping I guess. (Though I'll probably make more effort to go to Japan and Thailand this summer).

-Chanchai