1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Where are the european-players!?!%

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by nascarbryant, Oct 18, 2000.

1. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

I just wonderd if there are many or any european-players in this forum..........Or is it true that the only VF3 comunity in europe is in London.......I just don't understand how such a magnificent game(better call it masterpice) who still is very often in the top 3 in Japan(after 4 years) could have passed unnoticed here in europe........

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

There are.... in very small numbers and scattered throughout, but there exists quite a few European players. England, Denmark, Poland, Sweden off the top of my head... However, I assume it's just really difficult to set anything up (as well as probably costy), but I don't live in Europe so I wouldn't really know.

Keep on searching young seeker/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

3. Guest

Guest Guest

VF didn't pass unnoticed in Europe, eg. ppl here (Poland) still play, sometimes there's a mini-tournament here or there... you just have to look around. Advertise a gathering in the paper or something :>

4. nascarbryant

Hey cool i didn't now that some people in poland play this game.......were do you actually play the game in the arcades or at home on the dreamcast.......
    Imagine here in zurich, the richest city in europe they even have got a decent arcade with a decent fighter(no 2D claasic fighters, no dead or alive,of course no VF3 or 3tb only a Vf2 game who doesn't work well..............
    What makes me sad is that here people play only tekken and soil calibur(in the arcades and at home)and in the arcades there is no scene only a bunch of button-smashers........sad really sad.......

5. Guest

Guest Guest

We have vf3tb arcade here... in my city, which is just over 600k, I know at least 8-10 pretty good players.

P.S. "Zurich, the richest city in Europe", oh please.

6. nascarbryant

sorry,this isn't a Vf-topic but doen't you agree that zurich is a very,very financial strong city.......there are so many banks(with many accounts) here with a lot of money.... from todays Milosevic to the poor jews of second world war..

7. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

Anyone dropping by Copenhagen Denmark is very welcome to drop me a line so we can arrange a meeting or something. There's still a couple decent players left here, and the arcade VF3 (ob) machines have flawless jap controls in at least two locations.

- Jan

8. Finsane

Finsane Member

I'm from Finland's capital Helsinki. We had players here few years ago, but now it seems that there's nobody left. I'm a true VF player anyway and some of my friends are too. I remember tournaments from the early days of VF3, but I haven't seen anything in a while.

There was a VF3 guild in my local arcade, or so they called themselves. I kicked their asses and now even they are gone... Funny but sad.

Virtua Fighter X should light things up I guess.

----.____

9. nascarbryant

bullshit!!!!.....are there no players from switzerland,spain,italy,france,germany.........in this forum,what a dissapoinment.......ou sont les francais!.Dove sono gli italiani!!! Donde stan los espanoles!!! Wo sind die Deutschen,Schweizer,und die Oesterreicher!!!!!!

brumm,bullshit,brummm...I'm looking forward for our next fight!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Maybe 'european players' are too lazy to reply to such a nonsense thread, started by a guy who behaves like a 10-year-old.

11. nascarbryant

Thank you for the compliment!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S one day when Net play becomes reality I'll kick your ass so hard (with jacky i presume) that you kiss the moon..

brumm,brumm,brumm,.......No way you can stop me....

12. Guest

Guest Guest

yeah, right (nt)

nt

13. Guest

Guest Guest

London

It's true. If you're in the UK and you want to play Virtua Fighter, you have to go to London and visit the big West-End arcades. You can't really play it anywhere else. It's sad

I'm just waiting for my sister

14. thr

thr Active Member

Hey Santtu...
    In what arcade u are usually playing in Helsinki?...Anytime, anywhere I'm ready for some VF-bashing.

15. Finsane

Finsane Member

I've played in the Pelikaani arcade in Kamppi. Not so much lately. Now I mostly play it on Dreamcast.
    The controllers in Kamppi don't work very well, if they aren't recently repaired.

16. thr

thr Active Member

I doubt the controllers in Kamppi will ever be repaired...there are working controllers in Itäkeskus, but the game is set for two rounds to win.