1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Where To Find Concept Art From Virtua Fighter 4?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenmue is life, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Hi,
    I randomly found these artworks of Pai Chan and Lion Rafale in VF4 outfit on the net.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's very likely they have been drawn by Kenji Miyawaki since he's credited in the game and the characters share the same aesthetic with the concept arts he drew for Shenmue 1 & 2.

[​IMG]

Any chance to get the other characters?

Hiki, Tumbling Dice and beanboy like this.
  2. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I have never seen these before so very nice find.
    I don't know if any others exist online... I don't think they are in the game gallery for VF4Evo.

Very striking art indeed.

Tumbling Dice and beanboy like this.
  3. From what I read, these artworks likely came from the official site. The page was encrypted and you needed the "Virtua Fighter 4 Passport" GD-rom to browse it. The GD-Rom was included in the Japanese version of Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast.

Obviously the servers are broken now so I can only pray someone have still the pictures and upload them. :(

Tumbling Dice likes this.
  4. Tumbling Dice likes this.
  5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Cool!

Tumbling Dice likes this.